Is It Okay?

Eyes Like Stars

Yumi sank back into the throw pillow that was on her couch. Carefully, she shifted her weight as to not wake the sleeping Nichkhun, whose head rested in her lap.

Reaching her right hand out, Yumi gently traced Nichkhun’s handsome facial features and played with his hair.

Yumi sighed and looked out the window.

‘I can’t believe his 2PM activities are on hold because of me. I feel so weak and helpless. It’s like he’s the one making all the sacrifices.’ Yumi blankly stared into space remembering that afternoon’s event.

Through her tears Yumi could barely make out Nichkhun’s face. Seeing those outstretched arms of his, Yumi couldn’t help falling into them. As Nichkhun held her, he smoothed her hair in consolation.

“Why? Why does he need to come back now?” Yumi sobbed.

“Shhhh, it’s okay. I’m here. I won’t leave you.” Nichkhun murmured.

“Oh don’t be silly,” Yumi sniffed trying to wipe her tears, “You have a busy schedule.”

“Not anymore,” Nichkhun’s mouth tightened a bit.

“What?” Yumi looked up, baffled.

“Seems JYP and I couldn’t come to an agreement. He still says I can’t date you. Guess it’s my fault for talking back, but I couldn’t just let our feelings be wasted. My activities are on hiatus. I won’t be doing any 2PM activities for a whole month.”

“Nichkhun!” Yumi gasped, “That’s so unfair!”

“Maybe,” He agreed, “But there’s nothing I can do about it now.”

Yumi, knowing that the conversation was over, didn’t argue back and rested her head on Nichkhun’s chest.
“I’m sorry,” she whispered.


Startled by Nichkhun’s shifting, Yumi broke her trance and looked down again.
Staring back at her with his gorgeous big eyes, Nichkhun now held Yumi’s hand in his, tucked under his chin.

“Hello dear,” he smiled.

“Did you dream well?” Yumi questioned back.

“Yes, yes I did.” Nichkhun said matter-of-factly.

“Well good. You looked peaceful.”

Nuzzling further into Yumi’s lap, Nichkhun shifted his gaze to the ceiling.
Yumi cupped his face into her hands, and bent down to give him a soft kiss.

“I’m sorry this had to happen,” She began.

“No big deal,” Nichkhun’s blunt response returned. “Hey, can I stay here tonight? I’ll just sleep on the couch. I don’t really want to go back to the 2PM dorm now."

“I don’t mind, but are you sure it would be okay with your members?”

“Yeah, it’s fine…” Nichkhun had dozed off again.

Smoothing his hair, Yumi reached for a blanket to cover Nichkhun, and then returned to her melancholy trance. Gradually, she fell asleep too.
The couple remained like that for the rest of the evening. Nichkhun’s head in Yumi’s lap, the two sound asleep. It seemed like there was a peaceful barrier around them, protecting both from harm…

Nichkhun’s side of the story:

The last Nichkhun could remember was consoling Yumi, and then falling asleep in her lap. He dreamed of a perfect world, the perfect future


“NICHKHUN OPPA! <3 KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” The numerous fans screamed, their shouts echoed in the huge concert venue. Spotlights and the glow of thousands of red, yellow, and orange sticks from the fans could be seen.
Holding up a hand in thanks, Nichkhun took one last bow, and then disappeared backstage, where all s waited, hands out for high fives.

“Yo man, that was awesome,” jaebum exclaimed.

“They love you a lot,” Wooyoung interjected, with a tad of jealously in his voice.

“No matter what Nichkhun does, he always looks cute and handsome,” Junsu chuckled.

“No kidding,” Chansung bit into a cookie.

“Still eating?” Taeceyon raised his eyebrow and gave a huge grin, his big teeth gleaming.

“It’s Chansung…What do you expect?” Junho laughed, slapping Taeceyon’s back.

“Nah guys, you all are good too!” Nichkhun shook his head.

“Yo, yo, yo! Let’s go guys, we gotta do the finale now!” jaebum put his hand in the circle of boys.

One by one, all members put out their hand until they had a stack of hands.

“FIGHTING!”

After the show, Nichkhun was exhausted, but soon became excited.

“Yobo!” Yumi appeared holding a baby girl in her arms, one arm extended to give him a hug. A 3-year-old boy clung to her skirt.

“Yobo!” He repeated back, embracing her, and then giving her a kiss. Picking up the little boy, Nichkhun swung him around, causing the little one to laugh and squeal in delight.

“Daddy, daddy!” The baby girl squirmed in her mother’s arms, wanting to be picked up too.

Giving a grin, Nichkhun put the boy down and picked his baby daughter up. Tickling her belly, the baby smiled and gurgled.

“They loved you on stage,” Yumi smiled, “They were both like, ‘Woah! Daddy’s so cool!’”

“They were, were they?” Nichkhun smiled in satisfaction. Holding out his arm for Yumi to take he said, “Shall we go home now?”

“Yes! Let’s! Come Yerin, you too Koki!” Swooping down to pick up the baby girl (Yerin), and then beckoning the boy (Koki), Yumi clumsily took Nichkhun’s arm and the small family headed out.

As soon as the family returned to their cute house, Yumi went straight to the kitchen, whipping up something for dinner.
Playing with the kids, Nichkhun couldn’t help glancing at his perfect wife’s silhouette.

“Be good, Daddy will be right back.” Nichkhun gently shoved a teddy bear in Yerin’s hands and made for the kitchen. “Yobo…” He whispered in Yumi’s ear as she boiled water.
As soon as she turned around, Nichkhun immediately pressed his lips to hers.

“The kids,” Yumi murmured.

“They’ll be fine,” Nichkhun replied, giving her another kiss and wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Mmmm…”


Shifting a bit, Nichkhun awoke and was disappointed that his wonderful dream had come to an end. However, he was pleased to be looking into Yumi’s flawless face and he didn’t want to leave.

‘If only it could have been real!’ He thought, ‘Maybe sometime in the future…Perhaps…’