The Full Truth (And The End?!?!)

Eyes Like Stars

“Don’t touch her!”

Yumi watched, wide-eyed as Nichkhun planted himself between her, and her father.

She also cringed as she saw Kento glare at Nichkhun, as if to warn him, ‘if YOU touch Kimurayama-Sama, you’re dead.’

“That’s enough, Kento,” Mr. Kimurayama held up his hand, and Yumi breathed outward and Kento bowed back into the shadows.

“What are you planning to do with Yumi?” Nichkhun’s death glare persisted.

“O-o-o-o-ppa,” Yumi’s voice shook. “It’s really alright…”

“It is not alright! He caused you so much pain! I can’t forgive anyone who would do that to you!” Nichkhun snapped back.

“He’s right,” Jo Kwon hesitantly stepped forward. “Yumi, this man disowned you. You have the right to refuse to listen to him.”

“I’d feel much better if we just took you home,” Junho made his smiley eyes, but the shape of his mouth, which was turned down, suggested otherwise.

“And never let this man ever see you again!” Taecyeon pushed in.

“Guys,” Yumi’s eyes filled with new tears. “You’re all so protective over me. Thank you, thank you so much! You are all my friends and I love that you care about me. However, it’s already been at least ten years. I’ve matured and so has Otou-San. I at least owe him some respect, and I need to hear what happened.”

“Well then, we all stay with you and listen,” Nichkhun firmly said as he plopped onto the carpet.

Gesturing to all the others, Nichkhun made everyone sit too.

“I don’t think that's a good idea,” Kento came forward, sullen. “Yumi, you haven’t known these guys since the event happened, therefore, it really is not their place to hear this.”

“Well,” Yumi hesitated, then grabbed Nichkhun’s sleeve. “At least have him stay!”

Kento shook his head. “I’m afraid the answer is no. I understand that he is your boyfriend, but he isn’t in the position to hear this. I mean, you two aren’t even engaged or anything. Not to be rude. I didn’t want to make it sound as if you were going to break up or something…well, you know what I mean.”

“Yeah…I understand,” Yumi’s eyes went dull.

“Hey,” Nichkhun roughly directed his eyes towards Kento. “Listen up budy, it IS my place to know. In fact, I was with Yumi the day that the incident happened. I was young at the time, but I saw all of it. The party that the Kimurayamas were at was held by my father’s company. Second, we may not be engaged, but I’m planning on it, and no, we will not be breaking up.”

Yumi gave a little gasp.

“Nichkhun,” She weakly started, “You were that boy that the time? The one who played with me?”

“Ah,” Nichkhun realized, “I forgot to tell you. Haha, silly me. Yes, that time, I was that boy. When I first met you last year, I definitely didn’t know it was you, but I recognized your tormented behavior. Eventually, I found out. Sorry, I forgot to tell you.” Nichkhun reached out and began to brush away a stray hair on Yumi’s face. “Why are you blushing?”

“Uhm,” Yumi could feel her face getting warm. “You’re planning on marrying me?”

“Oh, uhm, yeah.”

Yumi held in a giggle as she witnessed Nichkhun’s face turn red in return.

"Uhm, peoples?” Mr. Kimurayama interrupted the couple’s talk.

Everyone’s attention averted to him.

“Am I allowed to tell my story now?”

“Ah, sorry Otou-San,” Yumi guiltily smiled, then took Nichkhun’s hand, just in case. “Go ahead.”

“Wait,” Kento blurted, then pointed to all of 2OneDay and Sweetheart, minus Nichkhun and Yumi. “Sorry. Out!”

“Alright, alright! Sheesh!” jaebum held up a hand and cocked his head, telling the others to move out.

“Right now,” Mr. Kimurayama began after everyone was gone. “Well, you see, after your mother and I were married at the ages of 24 and 20, we were perfectly happy. To tell the truth, I wasn’t exactly pleased when she told me she was pregnant with you. In fact, I didn’t even want a child. I thought I wouldn’t be able to raise one properly or something because I was still young. I also didn’t want your mother’s attention taken away from me by you. I pretended to be happy when you were born. I did, really. As the years went on though, I was correct about your mother’s attention. I really didn’t have much time with her anymore because she her time was filled up by taking care of you. I guess because of all I was keeping inside, it all came tumbling out that night when your mother died. I pushed all the blame on you and disowned you because your mother was the only reason why I tolerated you,” Mr. Kimurayama spoke in a stiff voice. Yumi could tell he was trying to choose words carefully, as to not hurt her feelings.

Though she knew he wasn’t trying to hurt her, Yumi still felt a pang of pain rush over her.

‘Otou-San didn’t want me to exist at all?’ She gripped Nichkhun’s hand a little harder.

“After disowning you though, for the next ten years I repented and reflected. I began to realize that you were not a burden, but a gift. You are your mother’s and my flesh and blood. You’re last living memory of your mother, because grandmother (Yumi’s mother’s mom) died four years ago. I came to seek you out, especially since I could finally track you down easier after you were accepted into JYP Entertainment. I was actually startled to find out that you were doing well. You had a great life it looked like. A kindhearted boyfriend,” Mr. Kimurayama nodded towards Nichkhun, who in return, gave a small nod back. “And tons of loving friends. Also the fact I knew you probably wouldn’t welcome me right off the bat, I did become a little intimidating towards you. I just wanted to get this message across to you, Yumi dear. I’m so sorry for what I’ve done to you. I don’t expect you to forgive me, but I would like to tell you for the first time, that I love you. I love you, because you are my daughter.”

By this time, Yumi was in full tears.

“Otou-San!” She cried, and finally collapsed on Nichkhun’s shoulder.

“It’s okay, shhh, calm down,” Nichkhun soothed as he petted her hair.

“Otou-San,” Yumi repeated, this time with just a little bit of a sniffle. Rising from her seat on the ground, she hastily strode forward and gave her father a hug.

Smiling, Mr. Kimurayama lightly returned the hug.

“Well, now that we’ve gotten that off our chests, let’s talk about something more enjoyable,” He said, settling back into his chair.

“Eh, and what would that be sir?” Nichkhun squinted. He really couldn’t figure out this man. He always imagined Mr. Kimurayama to be such a bad guy, but all of a sudden, he became this really good man who was just misunderstood.

“About your wedding!” Mr. Kimurayama broke out into a huge smile and pointed at Yumi and Nichkhun.

“Ah! Uhm, Otou-San!” Yumi looked down and blushed.

“We…haven’t really gotten there…yet…” Nichkhun said, also looking down.

“Haha, I was joking. Of course you two aren’t going to get married yet. But I’m looking forward to it. Take good care of my daughter, son,” Mr. Kimurayama laughed and slapped a hand on Nichkhun’s back.

“Oof!” Nichkhun replied. ‘Why is this guy so strong? And did he just call me SON?!?!?’

“KNOCK KNOCK!” The door pounded again.

“Yes?” Kento poked his head out.

“Are they done yet?”

Nichkhun and Yumi could hear Sunah’s ‘I’m taking charge cause I’m a leader’ voice.

“Yeah,” Kento shortly replied.

“Good, cause we have a schedule. And so do the 2OneDay boys. We’re going to be yelled at when we get back! Can you guys let those two go now?”
“Kimurayama-Sama,” Kento looked back into the room, “These people said that they need Yumi and Nichkhun now. They have a schedule and have to get back.”

“Of course. I’m sorry I’ve kept you!” Mr. Kimurayama stood up to see the kids out. “Come visit me at least once a week, Yumi. I want to get to know my daughter more in depth now. And bring Nichkhun too! I need to start making preparations!”

“Otou-San!” Yumi slightly groaned. ‘Not the whole wedding business AGAIN!’ “I’ll visit you I promise!”

“And I’ll come with her,” Nichkhun smiled.

“Great! Now off you go!” Mr. Kimurayama gently pushed the couple out the door. “See you two next week.” The door clicked shut.


Outside of the Kimurayama estate, Yumi looked up at Nichkhun.

“That was intense,” She smiled, “But I’m glad we’ve got everyone straighted out.”

“Yeah, me too,” Nichkhun smiled and pulled her into his arms. “Come here!” He pointed to his right cheek.

Yumi giggled, giving him a peck on his right cheek.

“And left!” Nichkhun cutely demanded.

Yumi gave another laugh and gave another kiss.

“Now the right again!”

“Again?” Yumi pouted slightly. Proceeding, she leaned forward to kiss his right cheek.

About one centimeter away from his face, Nichkhun turned his head, giving Yumi a full kiss on the mouth.

“Cheater!” Yumi smiled as the two pulled away.

“Yeah right! Come,” Nichkhun extended his hand, “Let’s go catch up with the others.”

“Yes lets!” Yumi grabbed his hand and began walking, but was pulled back by Nichkhun’s force. “Now what?”

“I love you,” Nichkhun whispered in her ear.

“I love you too!” Yumi turned to face him again and gave Nichkhun another quick kiss. “Now let’s go!”

“Fine, fine!” Nichkhun chuckled.


The two ran together, hand in hand and caught up with the whole group, and they all strolled in the setting sun together back towards the JYP Entertainment building.