To Know Her

Eyes Like Stars

-1 week after the JYP Entertainment audition-

Yumi sighed and stared out the window of her new living quarters, well…dorm. She had passed her audition with flying colors because of her unbelievable song.
Though Yumi was ecstatic to be a trainee, she was also exhausted. It had only been 3 days since she was accepted, but she was jam packed with what seemed like a professional idol’s schedule already. She wasn’t required to take the full 3-hour vocal lessons, but instead, was put into long, 5 and ½ hour classes of Korean language and intense dance training. The only good part was that Yumi was a fast learner, and picked up Korean basics and phrases quickly. She could now speak in sentences and put together answers from questions. (Still, her pronunciation is a bit off…) Yumi’s brain and muscles were both dead.

‘Why am I doing this?’ She thought. Oh how she wished Sunah (pretty girl who spoke to Yumi at the audition. Sunah and Yumi are now dorm-mates) was back from her lessons. The two girls had totally different schedules and never saw each other, until late night.

Sighing again Yumi turned and looked at her Hello Kitty alarm clock to catch the time. It read 2:00PM. (Haha, hint hint! XD) Yumi stood and stretched. She decided to grab the next bus and explore the company a bit since she had free time until 5:00PM.

Walking to the bus stop, Yumi was oblivious to the fact it was pouring and extremely cold that day. Sitting under the small sheltered structure she spaced out, thinking about the angelic man that she hadn’t seen for the past 7 days.
‘What is he doing now? Is he part of a group?’ Questions ran through her mind.

Yumi suddenly gave a small jolt, for the felt the presence of someone next to her putting a thick, big coat over her mid-sleeved, sky blue top.

“Waiting for the bus by yourself in such clothing isn’t appropriate,” a soft masculine voice talked to Yumi.
Slowly turning her head and eyes upward, she drew a short breath. That man, the one she’d just been thinking about, hovered over her protectively.

“I wanted to explore the JYP Entertainment building some more…I have free time now.” Yumi drew her eyes down again.

“Really…well then, how about in the exchange of some question and answers, I’ll show you around?” The voice again spoke to her. Yumi didn’t reply. “I’ll take that as a yes,” the voice continued with a hint of humor. “All right, the basic, and first question would be your name.”

“You don’t remember from the audition? Well…Perhaps you wouldn’t have, considering you had to judge many people,” Yumi spoke back, a tad hurt.

“I missed your name when you entered I was looking at-,” the young man paused, as to remember that he wasn’t supposed to be talking about something.

Yumi, who was worn out from the dance training that morning didn’t really notice, nor did she seem to care that the man hadn’t finished his sentence.
“Kimurayama Yumi,” she replied bluntly.

“I’m Nichkhun,” The voice replied back. Becoming silent, the voice did eventually speak again, but didn’t ask any more questions.
“The bus is here. Let’s go.”

Climbing into the bus, Yumi, not aware of her surroundings slipped on the last stair and fell backwards. She felt herself going light-headed, and faintly felt the smooth, strong hands that caught her from crashing to the ground…

Nickhun’s side of the story:

‘It’s been a week, and I haven’t seen her,” He thought sadly to himself. ‘Darn it, I really should have been paying attention while she was introducing herself! I could have been her friend by now!’

“Yo, yo, YO MAN!” A confused voice broke Nickhun’s train of thought.

“Ah…what?” Nickhun replied, still in a daze.

“Yo man, what’s up? You haven’t talked to any of us the whole day!” The boy said. This boy was wearing a hot pink cap; a fairly large rhinestone stud twinkled from his left ear.

“Yeah Nichkhun…What’s up? Tell us your problems!” Another boy, with large smiling eyes, piped up.

“Ah…it’s not too much…what’s up with the ‘yos?’ Nichkhun changed the subject.

“I’m practicing for the next variety show I’m going on next week!” The hot pink cap boy retorted back, “This is my concept!”

“Uh hu, good luck with that jaebum.” A giant sauntered towards the little group of men, a greasy smile upon his face.

“Grrr!” jaebum tried to contain his anger.

“Oh, I’m scared now!!!” The giant laughed and his smile grew wider, showcasing his large pearly whites.

Returning to the JYP Entertainment studio from their schedule, the boys had encountered the downpour and had decided to call a taxi for the rest of the journey.
Rounding the corner, Nickhun spotted a small figure in the bus shelter. Squinting, the noticed it was the girl from the audition.
‘What’s she doing there by herself, is that only a t-shirt she’s wearing on top?’ Concerns flooded him, and he felt that sense of wanting to help her, return.

“Yo man! The taxi’s here!” jaebum exclaimed.

“You guys go ahead…I…Forgot something at the shooting location.” Nichkhun’s eyes didn’t leave the girl.

“How are you gonna get back? You don’t have enough money to get you all the way back by cab,” the boy with smiling eyes, weren’t smiling anymore, but were more concerned.

“I’ll take the bus,” Nichkhun quickly replied.

“Well…alright. Be back at the JYP Entertainment studio by at least 3:00PM though. We have another schedule,” the boy with huge teeth reminded Nichkhun.

“Right, see you then!” Nichkhun waved to his fellow band-mates as the cab pulled away. Clearing the throat to prepare himself, he made his way to the bus shelter. Looking down at the girl, he noticed she was shaking, though it seemed as if she didn’t notice at all. Taking of his coat, he gently wrapped it over her shoulders, and felt her startled jump at his touch.

“Waiting for the bus by yourself in such clothing isn’t appropriate,” Nickhkun started out.

“I wanted to explore the JYP Entertainment building some more…I have free time now.”
She’s on her way to the studio? Awesome, this is my chance to get to know her!

“Really…well then, how about in the exchange of some question and answers, I’ll show you around?”
The girl didn’t answer.
‘Well then, I’ll make the decision for her!’ He thought gleefully.
“I’ll take that as a yes…All right, the basic, and first question would be your name.”

“You don’t remember from the audition? Well…Perhaps you wouldn’t have, considering you had to judge many people.” Was that hurt he detected in her response?

“I missed your name when you entered I was looking at-,” ‘your beautiful features,’ Nickhun finished in his mind.

“Kimurayama Yumi,” the girl spoke again.

“I’m Nichkhun,” he said trying to sound cheerful. Judging from her current mood, it didn’t look like she wanted to be bombarded with questions now. That’s okay, he’d ask her later.
“The bus is here. Let’s go.”

Nichkhun let the girl, Yumi, go ahead of him, being the gentleman he was. He then noticed the girl losing her balance and falling backwards. Alert, he rushed forward to catch her just before she fainted and hit the curb.
‘Guess today we’re not doing the tour…’ He thought to himself, and turned towards the trainee dorm.
(Nichkhun knows were it is because he was once a trainee to no? XD)