I'll Protect You

Eyes Like Stars

Yumi sighed stretched. It had been a long day, and she was exhausted, but thank goodness today was the start of a 3-day break.

“Yumi,” Sunah was walking towards her. “A couple of the trainees were thinking we could go to karaoke tonight. Just to celebrate the beginning of our 3-day break.”

“Tempting,” Yumi smiled, “But I have plans with Nichkhun today. Perhaps we can go shopping or something tomorrow?”

“Sure,” Sunah’s face fell a little, “Yeah, we’ll do that.”

“Good. It’s settled. Have fun tonight with everyone! I gotta run!” Yumi waved so Sunah and grabbed her stuff. She was in a hurry to meet Nichkhun.



It had been at least 2 weeks since Yumi first saw her father, and it didn’t look like anything was wrong now, for he hadn’t tried to bother her again.



“Nichkhun!” Yumi waved as she ran the last bit. Catching her breath, she looked up to give him a little kiss.

“Hey. How was practice?”

“Exhausting. Was it this hard for you?”

Nichkhun laughed, “Sort of, but then again, I guess it’s different for every person. Come, let’s go!” Grabbing her hand, Nichkhun lead her through the tall building.

Yumi followed him, noticing his perfect features from behind. Suddenly, she noticed that they weren’t heading out the studio quite yet. Nichkhun had led her to a small recording room.

“Where are we? Why are we here?” Yumi quizzically looked at him.

“It’s the 2PM recording studio. We’re here because…” Nichkhun gave Yumi a wink.

Before she could speak again, Yumi felt Nichkhun’s soft lips against hers. Closing her eyes, Yumi wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt his strong arms around her waist and felt them bring her closer.

“Yumi…” Nichkhun whispered before giving her another passionate kiss.

Kissing him back, Yumi afterward drew away.

“What’s wrong?” Nichkhun’s face became worried.

“Nothing, its just…uhm…I think someone’s here.” Yumi pointed out the studio window. Through the glass was the very angry, serious, JYP Entertainment chief.

“Nichkhun,” JYP sternly came through the door.

Frightened, Yumi hid behind Nichkhun, who put out an arm to signal ‘I’ll protect you. Don’t interfere.’

“I thought I told you, no girlfriends, and no to Yumi too!”

“You can’t stop us,” Nichkhun bravely stepped forward.

“Really?” JYP rasied his eyebrow. “Come on in,” he motioned to the door. Stepping inside, Yumi was horrified to see her father’s figure.

“Otou-san.” She choked out.

“I think your father would like a word with you Yumi.” JYP’s eyes didn’t leave Nichkhun’s piercing gaze. “Nichkhun. You’ll stay with me.”

“NO!” Nichkhun drew Yumi towards him. “You can’t take her from me!”

Not saying anything, Yumi’s father silently walked towards Nichkhun. Prying open his fingers, Yumi’s father got a firm grip on her arm and violently yanked Yumi away.

“Come with me.” Yumi’s father blankly said.

“Nichkhun! Nichkhun!” Yumi wailed. “OUCH! Otou-san, it hurts! STOP IT!”

Led by her father, Yumi continued to shout until she was certain Nichkhun couldn’t hear her anymore. Through tears, Yumi finally lost her voice and became lifeless. Her father led her through the rest of the building and into the coffee shop. Sitting down in the plush, peach-colored chair, Yumi stared blankly.

“Would you like anything?” Her father quietly asked.
Not responding, Yumi shook her head.

“Very well, while you’re quiet, I guess I can talk now.”

“I’m not listening.” Yumi sulked. “I won’t listen. Not until I at least have Nichkhun by my side!”

“You will listen!” Her father took her by the shoulders and shook her.

“I WILL NOT!” Yumi snapped back. “You can forcefully bring me here to listen to you, but you cannot force me to hear you speak.”

Yumi’s father, knowing he wasn’t going to get anywhere today, became frustrated. Slapping his palm on the table in anger, he gave Yumi a frightening look that made her squirm.

“I won’t leave you alone until you hear me out. Remember that.” Picking up his hat, Yumi’s father pointed at her and then left.

Shivering, Yumi’s tears began to fall. ‘Nichkhun…’ She thought. ‘Save me!’

Nichkhun’s side of the story:

“Nichkhun! Nichkhun! OUCH! Otou-san, it hurts! STOP IT!”

Nichkhun’s eyes didn’t tear away from JYP’s, but he heard Yumi’s cry.
‘Don’t worry. I’ll come get you. Just as soon as I finish here.’
“Why did you let her father in here?” Nichkhun’s eyes blazed with furry. “Do you know how much he has hurt her emotionally?”

“I believe they can work something out,” JYP responded coolly, then his voice hardened again, “But we have a different subject we’re going to discuss.”

“You can’t stop Yumi and I,” Nichkhun began, “why can’t you just see we’re in love and leave us?”

“Nichkhun, we’ve been through this,” JYP let out an exasperated sigh, “your fans! Your fans!”

“It’s ALWAYS about my fans. Why can’t I have something for ME for a change?”

“It’s not that simple Nichkhun. Having a girlfriend takes up so much time. You also have a busy schedule you’ll hardly see each other and much less too when Yumi debuts.”

“We’re doing just fine now.” Nichkhun retorted back, “When are you even planning on having Yumi debut?”

“I was actually thinking maybe next month.”

“NEXT MONTH? Isn’t that too soon? I should think next year would be better?”

“Nichkhun. I’m the Chief here. I make rules. I think Yumi’s got such talent and she’s a fast learner. She’s ready.” JYP’s lips twitched, “back to the real subject. I forbid you to keep seeing-”

“No.” Nichkhun’s voice ripped through JYP’s sentence.

“Stop being difficult Nichkhun,” JYP warned.

“No. I won’t stop seeing her.”

“Then your activities for 2PM are on hiatus.” JYP angrily shot back, he was obviously fed up.

“Great. That gives me more time with Yumi.” Nichkhun smiled. ‘How about that?