Meeting "The Others"

Eyes Like Stars

“What? No” Yumi sharply stood up from where she was sitting, on Nichkhun’s lap.

“What’s wrong? C’mon, you got to meet them sometime!” Nichkhun held his hands out, trying to beckon Yumi back.

“Why now? We’ve only been going out for…” Yumi looked down at her hand and began to count.

“…at least 2 months or so! It’s time, geez!” Nichkhun finished for her.

Throwing her hands down in defeat, Yumi faced Nichkhun.

“Fine. I’m just…intimidated!” Acting cute, Yumi ran back into Nichkhun’s arms and buried her face in his shirt.

“Why? They’re perfectly good people.” Nichkhun chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Why does this feel like meeting your parents or something? I’m super nervous…” Yumi drew away and gave Nichkhun a concerned look.

“Well, I guess they are pretty close to us. They are our “other half” you could say.”

Taking her hand in his, Nichkhun planted a quick kiss on Yumi’s head and began coaxing her through the door.

Even though the couple wasn’t walking a large distance to the coffee shop, Yumi treasured the small alone time she had with Nichkhun. Looking up at his face now and then, she was always amazed by his perfect features.

Walking through the glass door, Yumi was surprised to see all 2PM members and 4 other guys present, chattering away nosily.

“YAH KHUNNIE-HYUNG!” 1 of the 4 new boys stood up and waved frantically.

“What’s up Seulong?” Nichkhun held up a hand to acknowledge him.

“Woah, who’s that?” A boy with glasses came forwards and peered at Yumi, who was now hiding behind Nichkhun’s back.

“This is Yumi, come…say hi to Changmin. He’s not going to bite!”

“Hello Changmin, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Yumi,” Yumi’s voice came out small and soft.

She was returned with a great big Cheshire-cat smile. “Call me Changmin-Oppa!”

“Ah, O-o-o-p-p-p-a?” Yumi hesitantly repeated.

“Yeah right, more like ‘Changmin-Ajusshi’” Nichkhun cracked up.

“Don’t be mean!” Changmin punched Nichkhun’s arm.

Led by Nichkhun, Yumi was pulled into a circle of men.

“Yah, yah, YAH! Do it right!” A loud, high voice commanded.

“I’m just cutting the cake, sheesh Jo Kwon! Is there some special etiquette for it or something?”

“Well…no…BUT STILL! You’re cutting it all sloppily and weird and uneven, Jinwoon!” Jo Kwon retorted back.

“I don’t think I can do this,” Yumi whispered to Nichkhun.

“You’ll be fine. I’ll introduce you now,” Nichkhun whispered back and gave her a little nuzzle. “Hey everyone!” He shouted.

Immediately, the room was cut off and all eyes were on Nichkhun.

“I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Yumi!”

Bowing her head at the name, Yumi blushed and shyly smiled.

“Yumi, meet 2OneDay. You already know 2PM, jaebum, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho, Junsu, and Chansung.”

“Aw, really?” Chansung whined, “Last AGAIN?”

“As I was saying,” Nichkhun glared at Chansung. “And this is 2AM, Jo Kwon, their leader, Seulong, Changmin, and Jinwoon.”

“Man, seriously. I’m last again TOO?” Jinwoon stood next to Chansung. “Us maknaes really don’t get that much attention.”

Well from there it became chaotic again. Everyone started talking and Seulong and Junsu were lecturing the 2OneDay maknaes about this and that and such.

‘I can’t do this…’ Yumi screamed in her mind. ‘WAH! Save me!’

Suddenly she felt a hand pull her towards an exit.

‘Phew, I can breathe!’ Turing to thank Nichkhun, Yumi was shocked to see Wooyoung standing in front of her.

“Wooyoung…Is…is something the matter?”


Nichkhun’s side of the story:

Nichkhun could tell that Yumi was extremely nervous. He didn’t get it though.

‘What’s going to go wrong? She should meet the whole gang…I mean, she IS my girlfriend, plus, what if I…what if I decide to go further with her in our relationship? She’ll need to know them at some point.’

Nevertheless, Nichkhun was gentle and tried to understand it from Yumi’s view.
Greeting the whole group, Nichkhun made introductions and pushed Yumi into the crowd. Watching her mingle with the group, he internally sighed.

‘I guess I’m overdoing it. She doesn’t look too happy. She’s doing it for me. Crap, now I feel bad.’

“Yah, Khunnie-Hyung!”

Nichkhun’s thoughts were disturbed by Jo Kwon butting in.

“Yeah Kwonnie?” He blankly responded.

“So…This is why you were talking about marriage on the ‘We Got Married’ shooting. Ad-libbing?”

“Kind of. I really like her.”

“I can tell. It’s in your eyes,” Jo Kwon’s expression had changed from a huge cheap smile, to a genuine gentle smile.

“Woah. What’s wrong?” Nichkhun looked back at Jo Kwon’s expression. He hadn’t seen anything like it. He was so used to Jo Kwon’s playful side and cheap smiles.

“Nothing too much,” Jo Kwon gave another cute smile.

“Woah, perhaps?” Nichkhun’s eyes widened.

“Ha. You guessed right then!” Jo Kwon’s eyes brightened.

“You told her yet?” Nichkhun settled in the chair.

“Nah. Ga In’s not aware of it yet. I can’t exactly confess to her on national television on ‘We Got Married.’ I got to do it in private sometime.”

“Hey, that’s great!” Nichkhun lightly punched Jo Kwon’s arm. “You have my support. If you need anything, come find me!”

“THANKS KHUNNIE-HYUNG!” Jo Kwon sharply stood up and gave Nichkhun a huge bear hug.

“I gotta find Yumi, talk with you later!”

Looking through the mass of bodies, Nichkhun couldn’t seem to find Yumi anywhere in the room.

‘Bathroom?’ He thought, and then shook his head. ‘Not possible. She’d always inform me if she was leaving or something.’

Scanning the room, Nichkhun’s eyes glazed out the window and his eyes froze.

‘There she is. Standing with Wooyoung. Why? What does he want with her?’

Nichkhun’s lips twitched in anger and he pushed to door open.

“What are you guys doing?” He glared at Wooyoung.


Wooyoung’s side of the story:

She was suffering. Wooyoung could tell. She wasn’t a bubbly Yumi he knew. It seemed like it was forced upon her or something.

‘Nichkhun wouldn’t be so insensitive though. He loves her a lot.’

Wooyoung decided to leave it alone for awhile. Perhaps she’d warm up after awhile. Maybe it was just an off day for her.

About 15 minutes later, Wooyoung snuck a look at Yumi to check up. She didn’t seem much different as she had when she arrived.

He couldn’t take it anymore.

Sneaking and gently pushing through everyone, Wooyoung quietly placed himself directly behind Yumi. Finding her hand, he pulled her out the door.

Studying her back, Wooyoung finally realized that it had been a mistake.

He watched as Yumi took a breath and turned to him, her expression fading.

“Wooyoung…Is…is something the matter?”

‘Crap. How do I explain myself?’ Wooyoung panicked. “Uhm, I just thought you looked uncomfortable in there. Needed some fresh air?”

“Well, thanks,” Yumi hesitantly replied. “But I think I’m okay.”

Seeing her head for the door again, Wooyoung instantly knew it wasn’t on her own will.

“You sure you’re okay?”

Wooyoung watched as Yumi paused, her hand hovering above the doorknob.

“Well. No…” She finally confessed. Pulling her hand away from the handle, Yumi turned away from the door and back to Wooyoung.

“What’s on your mind?”

“Well. I’m just unsure.”

“Unsure of what?” Wooyoung was confused.

“Everything. I wonder if being with Nichkhun is okay.”

“It is okay,” Wooyoung knew he was digging his own grave. “He loves you a lot. He hasn’t done one thing to make you cry or anything. Or has he?"
‘Cause if he did, I’d totally punch him!’

“No he hasn’t done anything wrong. But well. We’ve only been dating for at least 2 months. I just met him not that long ago you know? And I think he’s already thinking of the future and such. It’s making me a little nervous.”

Wooyoung blew out a breath, “Do you love him?”

“Yes. Yes, of course I do.”

“Then you should believe in him. Don’t be so worried. You’ll only make him worry even more.”

“Thanks Wooyoung. Seems like you know a lot. But, why are you telling me this? I haven’t known you for that long either and we’re not great friends or anything, no offense.”

“None taken. About the ‘great friend’ part. Sure we aren’t, but Nichkhun’s my great friend. 2OneDay members have been together since trainee days. We know each other very well. And also…also…”

“What are you guys doing?” Nichkhun’s sharp tone cut the sentence off.

“Just talking. Nothing too serious, sorry. I just needed some fresh air and Wooyoung helped me out.” Yumi walked towards Nichkhun, who put his arm around her.

“Thanks for taking care of her. But I’ve got it from here.”

Wooyoung returned Nichkhun’s stare. He then held his hands out in surrender.

“Of course. I’ll be back inside after awhile.”

Wooyoung watched as Nichkhun helped Yumi through the door. Receiving one last glare from Nichkhun, Wooyoung bit his lip.

As soon as all were back inside, Wooyoung kicked the ground.

‘Dammit. Dammit. I love her. I can’t have her. I know that…I can’t.’