The Drive- in

Thank-you, Taemin Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He laughs when he sees your face turn to shock then playful anger.

"Taemin! I hate surprises!" You cry, lightly hitting him in the shoulder. He just chuckles at you.

"That's why I said it!" you try and give him a mean look, but you end up breaking into laughter. You cross your arms over your chest and look at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Will you tell me?" You look up at him. He smiles and turns his attention back to the road. Taemin takes a hand off the steering wheel and ruffles your hair.

"Nope." He grins.

"Aigo..." You mumble playfully, and gaze out the window. The sun went down below the horizon quickly, darkening the sky from pink to purple, from purple to a dark blue, and finally the sky was dark black. Shadowed houses flew by, and they soon ended abruptly. You look out the front window and see a large darkened field, and a whole lot of cars, noses up to a huge screen. The screen was lit up, playing commercials.

You grin at Taemin, and he grins back at you.

He slows the car down, and you wait in the car line on a narrow gravel road. You are slowed to a stop, as one-by-one a car drives forward and stops at a small booth beside the drivers window. You finally make it to the booth and a lady sits there. She has long black hair that flows around her shoulders and a beautiful pale face. Her lips were bright red, which matches her work uniform; a red polo shirt with the drive- in theaters logo.

"How many tickets?" She asks, clearly bored with her job. Taemin holds up two fingers. She opens a drawer underneath the black cash register and hands them to Taemin, through his open car window. Taemin gives her the correct change. She gives a small bow of her head.

"Have fun you two!" She rehearses to you. Taemin puts the car in drive and pulls ahead, driving into the gravel parking lot.

"Where do you wanna park?" You look around for a spot closest to the screen. The whole lot was almost full. You spot an empty spot in between two vans.

"There." You say, pointing in that direction. Taemin drives slowly to the end of the lot, and turns to go down the aisle where the empty spot is. The gravel crunches under the tires of the car as Taemin backs up into the spot, so the trunk is facing the screen.

Your face scrunches in confusion, why did he back the car up? Taemin looks at you and laughs.

"Here, I'll show you." He chuckles. You get out and walk to the back of the car. Taemin opens the trunk and pulls out a grey fleece blanket, then slams the trunk back down.

"Sit up here." He says as he taps the top of the trunk.

"Oh." You smile, now understanding what he means. He jumps up backwards, sitting on the trunk, and holds out his hand to you. You take it and he pulls you up. You shift so your beside him. Taemin pulls the warm blanket over you and himself.

"You warm enough?" He asks concerned. You look up into his brown eyes and nod a 'yes'. You switch your gaze to the large screen, which plays commercials for laundry detergent, bottled water, cosmetics and other things.

You are three rows behind the screen, each of the rows filled up with cars and vans. You tell yourself that you were lucky to find such a good spot! The air is filled with children's laughter, and crickets chirping their song. It is a great night for a movie, the air is crisp and cool. A chilly breeze wavers by every now and again, causing a shiver to race up your spine.

You lean against Taemin, and put your head on his shoulder, which keeps you warm, and watch the commercials that are playing repetitively. You can feel Taemin's warm breath play across your cheek as he gazes a into your eyes. He smiles at you when you look at him. He brushes the hair from your eyes, behind your shoulder. Just that simple movement makes your stomach flutter.

A commercial comes on advertising for popcorn. Taemin's gaze switches to the screen.

"Oh, do you want me to get som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter