A Picnik in the Park

Thank-you, Taemin Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you open the door, You see Taemin, dressed in his loose jeans and a black T, with his back turned to you. He was boredly glaring at the fancy garden across the street. When Taemin hears the door open, he flips around and his gaze switched to you. His eyes twinkle, and his mouth is open in a little 'o' shape. He admires you in awe.

"Wow..." Taemin mumbles.

"Wow what?" You ask, cocking your head to one side playfully.

"You look beautiful, ______-ah!"

You blush and reply, "Thanks, Taemin."

You walk down the front steps of your porch, and hold your hand out to him, smiling boldly. He returns your smile, and takes your hand in his. He grabs the basket that sits on your cement porch in the other hand. He looks at you, and you look back in his handsome brown eyes.

"Ready to go?" He asks gently.

You and Taemin, hand in hand walk down the sidewalk. You look around, lost in your thoughts. You remember yesterday morning; this was the same route. The same houses, on either side of the busy street. which were almost identical to yours; red shingles and brown bricked. Some of the houses were bungalows, some two story. The only thing that was different from your house and the rest of them was the lawn; you don't pay any special attention to yours. You had let it turn yellow and crisp under the sun's heat. Most of the lawns on your street are healthy and green. There is bushes and gardens, but none on your lawn. Only a single bushy tree on the side of your porch.

You look over at Taemin and notice he is totally lost in thought too, starring off in the distance.

"Where are we going?" You finally question him.

He turns his head to look you in the eye,"Another surprise." He has a lopsided grin plastered on his face. He seems to always smile at you, you think.

"Aishh.. You and your surprises!" You cry, smiling back. You keep walking, hand in hand with Taemin, and your curiosity gets stronger and stronger by the minute. Where is Taemin oppa taking me! You wonder silently.

You soon see the large park up ahead. The line of houses end with a fence to your left, where your walking. On the right of the street, the buildings gradually get bigger, into large apartments at the end of the road. You see up ahead the street that turns to SHINee's. You keep walking towards the park, and you look at Taemin for a response, and he looks at you and smiles. You take that as a 'yes'.

You two walk onto the grass, its green softness comforting each step you take, and you point to a shady spot under a large elm tree, closest to you. Taemin nods, confirming the spot.

The grassy field stretches on with benches, a pathway, garbage cans and trees spread out among the grass. You settle under the tree. Taemin drops your hand, and opens the basket and pulls out a red and white classic checkered blanket.

"A picnik?" You ask, already knowing.

"Yep! I hope your hungry, I packed a lot!" You laugh, sitting on the blanket Taemin just laid out. He sits beside you and lays a hand on top of yours, and he entwines his fingers between your fingers. His hands were warm and soft. You grin to yourself. With the other hand, Taemin flips open the lid of the basket.

You take the time to look around you, once again. You never really came here anymore, you would come for day visits and picnics a lot when you were a kid, with your parents.

There was a lot of children playing in the green grass, kicking a ball around, and giggling. Parents, like you and Taemin, sat on blankets under the tress, watching their children run about. You also see a few couples around you and Taemin's age wandering about, hand in hand. You remembered you also had loved the fountain, when you were a kid, that sat in the middle of the park. It was very large, a huge masterpiece of water.

Taemin turns to you, holding out a sandwich. "Sandwich?" He asks.

"Of course!" And you take it out of his hand, and bite into it. It was ham and cheese, your favorite. You notice Taemin also had one, too. He gazes over at you, to see if you like what he packed. You smack your lips and take another bite.

You lean on Taemin, your shoulder against his. He brushes the stray hair strand that falls over eye away

. "Have I told you, you look amazing today?" Taemin asks you, eyes glistening.

You finish your bite and giggle, "Yes, you did. And did I tell you, that you look very handsome today?"

"Oh I do? Thank you." He chuckles.

You finish the sandwich, and Taemin pulls out a half a watermelon, covered in plastic wrap and a knife, from the brown weaved basket.

"So, how did you man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter