Chapter Thirty

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After all the wasted time spent cleaning between you and Chen, the lot of you were finally on your way to the beach. The bus driver certainly didn’t look amused when 13 teenagers and one child climbed onto the bus, but he seemed to be a bit more accepting now that half an hour had passed with nothing more than quiet chatter being sounded from you all.

“This is going to be your first time at a beach, isn’t it?” Chanyeol asked you with a broad smile on his face. He was happy to have gotten to be a part of so many of your ‘firsts’.

You nodded happily in response, already imaging the beach inside your head. You’ve never physically been to a beach, but you’ve seen tons of pictures in the books you've read. “Is it nice there?”

Chanyeol nodded his head enthusiastically in response. “It’s beautiful!"

You smiled at his words and could feel the excitement increase inside your chest. The brief happiness was suddenly shattered, however, once an image of Changmin flew into your mind. A frown immediately creased itself onto your lips as you thought about the occurrence between you and the Two Moons member. And that Changmin guy… how was it that he himself possessed powers as well?

Your Oppas had told you to trust Two Moons if they were to ever arrive, and as much as you wanted to abide by their words, you couldn’t help but not feel even the slightest bit of trust for the group after your run in with Changmin.

It was the fault of Two Moons that the lives of the Exo boys were in danger every waking moment. It was their fault that they had all been torn apart from their families with no memories of their previous lives. It was their fault that MAMA was after the 12 innocent members. It was their fault that –

“I thought you were happy that we were going to the beach?” a sudden voice interrupted your thoughts. You felt a finger poke at the area between your eye brows to rub away the creased marks.

“I am, I was just thinking about some stuff,” you murmured as you refused to meet Kai’s eyes.

“Does it have to do with why you came home beaten and bloodied the other night?” Kai asked with raised eyebrows.

“It’s nothing,” you muttered as you turned away from him to stare out the window.

Once the other realized that you weren’t going to say any more, he heaved a deep sigh before falling silent.

You stayed quiet for the remainder of the bus ride, heavily engulfed in all of your conflicting thoughts. You hadn’t even realized that the bus had come to a halt until Baekhyun was gently shaking your shoulders.

“Come on Hanmi, we’re here already,” he smiled as he held out a hand to pull you to your feet.

The two of you caught up with the other members who were waiting for you outside of the bus, and you all quickly made your way over to waves and sand. The sights of an actual beach weren’t even close to being disappointing, and all the sour thoughts that had filled your head prior had disappeared. You were about to go running into the waves until a hand latched onto your wrist to pull you back.

“We’re going to go to a more isolated part of the beach,” Tao explained when you looked back at him with a confused expression. He leaned in close to whisper into your ears, “This way we can use our powers without worrying about people seeing them.”

You nodded your head and trailed after the boys for a few more minutes until the lot of you arrived at a completely abandoned and secluded part of the beach.

The boys immediately began to roll out the towels and set up the umbrellas to prepare for the day’s worth of fun.

“Hanmi, why don’t you head over to the bathroom and get changed?” Suho suggested. “We don’t need your help, and I’m sure you want to go into the water as soon as possible.”

You nodded enthusiastically at his words and grabbed your bag before quickly making your way over to the bathroom stalls.

 

------------------------- -

 

“Why is she taking so long? She just went to the bathroom, right?” Baekhyun said uneasily as he stared in the direction you had taken off in.

“Oh god, what if it’s one of those scenarios where a bunch of guys are standing next to the bathroom door and try hitting on her and kidnap her and her and –“ Chanyeol began to exclaim.

“Yah, I’m not sure if you’ve forgotten, and I don’t understand how you would, but Hanmi’s an assassin. I don’t think she’d be kidnapped that easily,” Kai scoffed, but he still glanced uneasily in the direction of the bathrooms.

“Maybe we should go check on her?” D.O suggested with a worried expression.

“Wait, I think that’s her!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he pointed off into the distance. All the Exo members squinted their eyes together to identify whether or not it was actually you.

“I think that’s her… but why is she being followed by a flock of guys?” Chen gaped as you approached them all with some unfamiliar faces behind you.

“Baekhyun! These guys said they wanted to play with us!” you grinned happily as you pointed to the group of boys behind you. The 5 of them had approached you after you came out of the bathroom asking if you wanted to go hang out and play with them. When you told them that you had to tell your friends if it was okay, they immediately brightened and asked to tag along. As you glanced back at them, however, horrified expressions seemed to be draped across each of their faces.

All of the members’ faces immediately hardened, and Kris, being the most intimidating one, stood up to face the guys behind you. “Oh, you wanted to play with us? Is that right?”

“A-Actually, I think we have something we have to do,” one of them stammered as he eyed the muscles each and ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter