Chapter Twenty Two

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ah, Hanmi, you’ve come to join us?” a voice snickered.

You scanned the group of boys for the source of the voice, and immediately narrowed your eyes at the face, black eye and all. “Taeho. What the hell are you doing?!”

Kai wiped the blood from the corner of his lip and attempted to stagger up to his feet. “Get out of here, Hanmi.”

Taeho laughed as he kicked Kai back to the ground. “Trying to seem cool? I don’t think Hanmi is much of a fan of yours anymore after seeing your pathetic body like this.”

“There are 10 of you,” you growled after mentally counting the number of attackers present. “You’re calling Kai pathetic when you need ten people to go against one person?” You scanned some of them over and let out a scoff. “And there are tons of injuries on you guys too! It was ten against one, yet Kai still managed to knick you guys? That’s pathetic.”

Taeho glared at you angrily and aimed another kick at Kai to let out his anger. Before his foot could make contact with Kai, you shot over to his side and punched him to the ground.

“You guys had your fun with Kai, right? So why not give me a shot?” you growled at the other students.

The guys all scoffed with an incredulous expression on their faces, finding your suggestion completely ridiculous.

“You won’t be laughing once I’m done with you,” you snarled, running forward to attack. You jammed your foot into the stomach of one of the guys, sending him flying to the ground before aiming a punch at another. You grabbed a hold of one of the guy’s shoulders to flip over him, kicking his head to the ground when you were in the air before landing foot first on another student. Your attacks continued for a few more minutes before each of the guys couldn’t stand it anymore and went running from the rooftop.

“Kai, are you alright?” you asked with furrowed eyebrows as you quickly went to the boy’s side. You grabbed a hold of his arm to gently pull him up into a sitting position. “Why’d they do this?”

“Cause they’re bastards,” Kai laughed with a dark expression.

You pulled up the sleeves of his uniform to check for any hidden bruises, and grabbed a hold of his chin to examine the cuts on his face.

“Y-Yah,” Kai said, turning his face away from your grip as his face slightly reddened. “What are you doing?”

“I’m checking for any serious injuries,” you explained, giving him another glance over. “You don’t feel anything broken, do you?”

Kai shook his head and climbed to his feet with your help. “Nah, the bastards only managed to get me on the ground just a few seconds before you came.”

“Come on, let’s go to the nurse’s and then we should go back home,” you suggested, wrapping his arm around your shoulder to help him walk.

A pang of dizziness hit you abruptly, and the sights began to change before your eyes. In the blink of an eye, you and Kai were standing in the middle of an unrecognizable room.

“Kai? Where’d you take us?” you asked, looking around the tiny room to see coffee beans, flour, and other ingredients.

Kai didn’t answer and simply opened the door before walking out. You trailed after him and recognized the room as some sort of a kitchen.

“Luhan!” you exclaimed, recognizing the familiar person who was in the middle of decorating a cake.

Luhan jumped in alarm and looked up at you with surprised eyes. “What are you guys doing here? Don’t you have school?”

“Kai’s injured,” you explained. Luhan’s gaze turned to the bloodied Kai and he immediately put down his icing utensils. “Did they come to your school?”

“No, it was just some students giving me a hard time,” Kai replied, sitting down on a chair as he waited for Luhan to get out the first aid kit.

“Hanmi, you can go up front and help Suho and Kisook,” Luhan said, gesturing to the door.

You nodded your head and followed the direction of his finger, still not understanding exactly where you were. Once you stepped through the door, however, you realized that you were at the café Suho had been talking about.

“Noona?!” Kisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter