Chapter Sixty Three

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kisook went home without much of a fight, then?” Kris called out when you, Luhan, Sehun, and Kai stepped back into the room without the kids.

“He was a bit hostile towards his family, but I think they’re really trying to make him feel welcome. Hopefully he’ll cope well with Jieun at his side,” you smiled as you plopped onto the couch next to Daehyun.

“Did you already eat dinner?” Daehyun asked softly as he rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb.

“Yeah, Kisook’s family made us a really nice meal,” you beamed back at him.

Daehyun gave you a gentle smile, and Kai immediately felt threatened with the way he was looking at you. Before he could do anything in protest, Sehun flew forward and squeezed himself in between you and Daehyun. “Noona, look at me!”

You chuckled at the maknae’s childish behavior and patted him on the head, “I’ve been looking at you almost the entire day, Sehun.”

“Look at me more!” Sehun demanded with folded arms.

“You’ve all come back, then?” Suho smiled as he walked into the large room with the rest of the members trailing behind him. “Just in time, I was about to call a group meeting.”

“What for?” Luhan asked with a raised eyebrow as he too squeezed in between Sehun and Daehyun, creating an even bigger border between you and the BAP member.

“Well,” Suho began awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck. “I thought we should have a group meeting just in case… j-just in case…”

“Just in case not all of us come back after tomorrow,” Yongguk finished for him.

A solemn atmosphere blanketed over the room as you all thought about the possibility of losing a fellow team mate – a fellow family member.

“But that’s not all!” Suho added in quickly to erase the tension in the air. “I wanted us together as a group to help get us ready for tomorrow.”

“What do you mean, like training?” Jongup asked with a cocked head.

“No, not training,” Suho shook his head. “More like… a team bonding? To get us all energized for tomorrow and fight our very hardest. If we fight our hardest tomorrow… I believe… that all of us will come back together.”

Warm gazes were exchanged between everybody in the room; they were no longer separated by being in Exo or BAP, but instead, they were all together as one big family.

“Live together, die together, right?” Sehun weakly offered, repeating the words you had told him earlier that day.

You slipped your hand into the maknae’s shaking one, and gave him a gentle squeeze “We’ll all be okay in the end.”

“Promise?” Sehun whimpered as he leaned his head against your shoulder.

“Yeah,” you breathed, already unsure of your own words. “Promise.”

 

--------------- -------------

 

“Hanmi, can I talk to you?” Baekhyun whispered into your ear. You glanced over at the other and nodded your head before turning to Sehun who had fallen asleep on your lap. You carefully lifted the maknae’s head off of your thighs and slid in a pillow as a replacement.

You followed Baekhyun out into the abandoned hallway, and closed the door behind you. “What did you want to talk abo—”

“I like you, Hanmi,” Baekhyun stated abruptly, throwing out his words before you even had the time to turn to face him.

You froze and stared at the door, contemplating on whether or not you should completely turn to face him. After taking a deep breath, you slowly turned around to stare at his blushing face and shifty eyes. “W-What?”

“I like you, a lot,” Baekhyun stated firmly as he stared you straight in the eyes. “I wanted… I wanted to tell you… to let you know before tomorrow, just in case something were to happen. I didn’t want to regret it if anything did happen and I never got the chance to tell you my feelings.”

“I…” you began to say, not really sure of what you would tell the other. Did you like him back?

Baekhyun held up a hand to cut you off, and continued his confession. “I don’t want you to give me an answer now. I want you to tell me after this is all over. I want you to either reject or accept me after we’ve defeated MAMA, after we’re all safe. I know this is really sudden, and I really imagined my confession to you being something really planned out and cute, because I really do like you, but I was short on time due to this whole MAMA thing, and I really just had to do this, Hanmi,” Baekhyun rambled rather cutely. “Please don’t be mad at me.”

You opened your mouth to respond, but he cut you off by pressing his lips against yours.

He quickly pulled back with a sheepish expression on his face, and shyly rubbed the back of his neck “S-Sorry, I just wanted to… just in case… you know. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? Good night, Hanmi.”

Just as sudden as he had came, he had disappeared back into the room, leaving you speechlessly standing out in the hall. The whole thing had taken place in under even 3 minutes, and if it wasn’t for the lingering feeling of Baekhyun’s lips on yours, you would have assumed that you had just imagined the whole thing.

You felt your heart nearly beat out of your chest as you recalled the scene that had just taken place, and your fingers brushed against your lips, as if replaying the kiss you had just shared with Baekhyun. You had kissed him before, of course, several times when you had woken up after being held hostage by MAMA, but this one was different. This one was quicker than the others, and shorter than the others, but this one was a confession kiss.

This was the kiss Baekhyun had used to seal his confession towards you.

Before you had any more time to dev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter