Chapter Twelve

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Night had fallen, and you had exchanged your good-nights with the rest of the boys before departing into the safety confines of Suho’s room. You laid yourself on the bed and stared slightly at the backpack in front of you. This was the moment you were waiting for, yet wanted to postpone. What exactly would be in the confines of the two blue envelopes you had seen slip out when Kai had tossed out the items inside?

Would you hate yourself after this?

You took a deep breath and slowly withdrew the contents of the bag. There was only one way to find out. One by one you picked up the single Polaroid photos, and you smiled to yourself, wondering when on earth they had managed to take those without you looking. Your eyes widened in surprise when you saw a tear drop to his Minhwa’s face, and you rubbed your eyes to erase the tears you didn’t even know had formed.

After carefully inspecting each and every picture, looking over them more than 10 times each, you finally the two blue envelopes carefully. Each one said “Minhwa Oppa” and “Hyunseok Oppa” respectively. You placed Hyunseok’s down, and decided to read Minhwa’s first. Minhwa was always more of the practical kind, so you were sure to get more information than the love messages Hyunseok had probably written you.

You slowly, slid your fingers through the crease to cleanly open the envelope before withdrawing a single piece of paper. You took a deep breath before you began to unfold the piece of paper. Stay strong, Hanmi, you reminded yourself.

 

To my lovely Dongsaeng, Hanmi.

Hanmi, I know you must be sad right now, no, you must be more than sad. Please, stop blaming yourself. I just know that BAP must have said something last night to get your insides chewing on with guilt.

The truth is, Hyunseok and I both knew that we would have to die the minute we met you. You see Hanmi, for the three years we were with you, we were on a mission as well – to make sure that you wouldn’t become the perfect little spy for M.A.M.A. Hyunseok and I both serve as undercover assassins from a group called the “Two Moons” and our mission was to make sure that M.A.M.A could never create the perfect assassin – you. The way to destroy that was to make you feel. Emotions. Love for us, your Oppas, guilt for the innocent, hatred for BAP. Didn’t you ever find it suspicious that two grown teenagers were transferring to an underground government that only accepted people they had trained since birth?

What Hyunseok and I didn’t expect, however, Hanmi, was that we’d fall in love with you on our mission. You became a true dongsaeng to us, and we hope that we became true Oppas to you. Even if the purpose of our presence was because of a mission, we truly stayed because of you. I would go more into how much we care about you, but I’m sure Hyunseok’s going to do all of that in his letter without explaining a single thing to you. Therefore, being the more sensible Oppa, I’m going to steal room on his paper while I explain to you what’s going on, on mine.

The Boss ended up discovering the little mission of Hyunseok and I’s, but instead of killing us off on the spot, he decided to take us up on it. He had so much trust in you, that he didn’t believe a couple of teenagers could change his star assassin – to actually make her feel something. Judging by the fact that we’re being forced to write these letters as our last words to you, he was wrong.

If you’re still with BAP and M.A.M.A, please Hanmi, escape while you can. All those dreams I’ve had about the three of us escaping together, you can make it come true. Live your freedom for the three of us. Hopefully, you’ve done what both Hyunseok and I am hoping for and have already fled their binds as you’re reading this letter. The next thing you need to do is find EXO, the group of people we were assigned to kill.

I know this sounds funny and sketchy, Hanmi, but you need to protect them. M.A.M.A isn’t at all an underground government set for the goodness of people. They’re made up of cruel souls who thirst for power. The boys of EXO are the only ones who have the ability to stop M.A.M.A in their tracks – that’s what they we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter