Chapter Thirty Three

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It’s freezing in here! What the hell are you guys doing?” you growled angrily from your position on the couch. You had been napping peacefully, but was jerked from your dream by the sudden freezing atmosphere.

“Sorry about that Hanmi,” Xiumin’s voice sounded sheepishly. “I was showing Kisook my powers.”

“Well do it somewhere else,” you muttered as you rubbed your arms to get rid of the goosebumps and generate some warmth.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around you, and you felt the heat practically radiate off the other.

“Get off of me Chanyeol, you over-sized puppy,” you grumbled under the sudden heavy weight.

“You’ve been sleeping forever, Hanmi! Wake up now,” Luhan’s voice chimed.

You ignored his words, but you knew he retaliated when you suddenly felt your body float in mid-air.

“Luhan, I swear to god I’ll kick your if you don’t let me down,” you barked in the general direction of the other without even bothering to open your eyes.

“Whatever you say~” Luhan sang, and you suddenly felt yourself drop into the open air and into a pair of arms.

With a heavy sigh, you reluctantly opened your eyes to see Kris staring at you with wide, uneasy eyes. Once you registered the other, you immediately jumped out of his arms and onto the ground. Before the awkward tension could build, you turned to the other who had an innocent expression plastered over his face and barked, “Luhan! You brat! I swear to god I’ll—”

You cut yourself off suddenly when you spotted Kisook standing in the corner of the room with an innocent expression on his face.

Random splutters released themselves from your mouth. “You’re – he – you guys – the powers… he knows!”

Suho chuckled at your astonishment and clarified, “We told him about everything when you were sleeping.”

“And I want to stay with you all,” Kisook chimed in happily. “Even if it is dangerous for me, I just want to stay with you and all of the other Hyungs.”

You frowned at the boy’s eagerness and your eyes furrowed with concern, “Kisook, are you sure you want to stay? Maybe the other guys didn’t explain the dangers well enough, but your life is in serious danger if you stick with us. I don’t want you to regre—”

“I know about everything, Noona. I know about BAP and MAMA, and how they want to kill you, and everything! I just… I want to stay. I want to be with you and the Hyungs and.. I want to help protect you,” Kisook smiled sheepishly as he scuffed the tips of his feet against the ground.

“It’s more like I protect your Hyungs,” you scoffed under your breath, but a smile was clearly present on your face. You were touched by the maturity level of the younger. “Sometimes, it seems like Kisook is older than some of you guys.”

“Hey!” Chanyeol loudly protested with a childish pout on his face. “I would stay to protect you too!”

You laughed at the other’s words and stretched up to pat the other’s soft hair. “Thank you, my puppy guardian.”

Chanyeol beamed down at you, and you swore that if he actually had a tail, it’d be wagging like crazy.

“So, mind telling us about what happened earlier today?” D.O asked with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms. “You came back covered in blood that wasn’t yours.”

“I was giving some guys from MAMA a piece of my mind,” you shrugged in response.

“MAMA? You were fighting them and didn’t call us over to help?” Suho frowned with concern.

“I had some personal issues with them that needed to be solved,” you explained vaguely.

“What kind of issues? What did they do to you?” Sehun asked curiously.

“BAP’s dead,” you responded bluntly. You felt your heart spark with pain at your words, but mentally pushed it away. It was a emotional burden that you'd deal with another day - a day where not a single one of the members would be present.

Silence filled the room, and finally after a few minutes, Chanyeol spoke, “But… isn’t that a good thing? All they brought was trouble. I mean, it’s just one less burden for us.”

When you didn’t respond, Baekhyun smacked the back of his head with the silent mutter of, “Idiot.”

“I know that all they brought was trouble, but… I-I grew up with them, so I…” you tried to explain. Several minutes passed after you started your words, and the others no longer bothered to wait for a verbal finish – they all understood what you were going to say.

“How about we all go out and train today?” Suho suggested to break the silence. “I’m sure we all have some steam that needs to be let out.”

 You chuckled darkly at his words. “I don’t think I’m in a state to be able to hold back on my strength,” you warned.

The other boys shivered at the idea of being attacked with your complete strength, but still nodded nonetheless.

“We need some practice, anyways, and if we can build up some sort of endurance against MAMA’s best fighter, I would suspect that we would be able to handle the other assassins quite easily,” Lay smiled encouragingly.

“I want to see Hanmi Noona beat up the Hyungs!” Kisook nodded enthusiastically.

“I don’t think so brat. If you’re going to be hanging with us, you should learn some skills yourself,” Chanyeol scoffed as he wrapped his arm around the smaller to put him in a head lock. "So you're going to be as equally beaten up as the rest of us."

“Chanyeol’s right. We won’t be able to protect you all the time, and if you’re really that insistent on staying with us, you’re going to have to learn some defense methods yourself,” you sighed reluctantly.

Kisook pouted, but agreed nevertheless, “If that’s what it takes for me to stay, then I’ll do it! Just go easy on me, alright Noona?”

You smiled warmly down at the other and patted him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter