Chapter Thirty Nine

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You scratched your head as you stared at the Exo member in front of you who was awkwardly shuffling his feet.

“Sorry for having a power that you can’t work with,” Lay murmured shamefully as he casted his eyes to the ground.

“Y-Yah! Don’t apologize!” you protested as you slapped him gently on the arm. “I should be sorry for not being able to think of a way to help you. That is my job, after all.”

You and the other Exo members were back in the storage house for the afternoon training, and being 4th in line, it was now Lay’s turn to get his hour alone with you. The only problem was that you had no idea how you would be able to help Lay improve his healing abilities.

You stared at him for a few more minutes before you snapped your fingers in realization. “Your healing it more of a defense power, right? So why don’t we try to make it an offensive power?”

Lay cocked his head in confusion at your words. “How am I supposed to do that? Heal them… badly?”

You shook your head at his words and grinned, “The way your power works, it’s like you’re stringing together their internal body system right? You regenerate the bones and the blood tissue and the muscles?”

Lay scratched his head. “Yeah, something like that, I guess.”

“So why don’t you try tearing down their internal system?” you asked eagerly with bright eyes. It was genius! Why hadn't you thought of it earlier? Just because Lay had the ability the mess around with the internal body structure doesn't mean that he always had to use his power for good.

Lay stared at you for a few seconds, drawing a complete blank at what you were trying to say. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Instead of fixing people, screw them up,” you explained simply. “When you make physical contact with people, break their bones, and mess up their internal structure.”

Lay processed your words for a few seconds and then nodded his head approvingly. “That sounds pretty cool.”

“Let’s try it out and see if it works!” you grinned excitedly. You held your arm out in front Lay and stared at him expectantly.

“You don’t honestly expect me to try it out on you, do you?” Lay asked with disbelief as he quickly pushed your arm away from him.

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the other's action. “Don’t you want to try it out?”

“Hanmi, if I could do that, I admit that it’d be pretty cool,” Lay responded. “But I’m not willing to test it out on you.”

“Why not? Don’t you have to test it out? If you’re afraid of hurting me, you don’t have to worry about it. This is what I’m used for, and in complete honesty I’ve been through some pretty painful situations so this would be nothing for me,” you grinned as you jabbed a finger at yourself.

Lay shook his head with a saddened expression. “I don’t want to be the cause of another painful memory.”

“Come on Lay, just test it out. You don’t have to go all out, just see if you can do it or not,” you. pleaded.

Lay firmly shook his head. “I’m not going to do that to you Hanmi. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I imposed any harm on you.”

You sighed at the gentleness and good nature of the Exo member. “Give me a few minutes and I’ll try to think of something else your power can be used for.”

Lay shook his head and smiled. “Why don’t we do somethign else? I’m not much of an offensive fighter and I’m really content with simply healing the injuries of my members.”

You stared at him with hesitation but accepted his suggestion. “What do you suggest we do?”

Lay shyly rubbed his arm as he glanced timidly up at you. “I was wondering… I kind of wanted to… show you my dancing.”

Your eyes widened in surprise and delight at the other’s words. “You dance?”

Lay nodded his head sheepishly. “I’m not nearly as well as Kai at dancing, but I like to do it… in my free time, you know.”

You plopped yourself down on the ground and looked eagerly up at him. “Dance for me, Lay!”

Lay glanced at you nervously and took a deep breath of air. He slowly closed his eyes, and his body began to move fluidly on its own.

You watched with amazement as Lay flawlessly glided across the room. There were a few fumbles in his step, but he picked himself back up professionally, and the mistakes would be forgotten seconds later. When Lay finally slid to a stop, you clapped your hands enthusiastically at the boy’s fluid motions.

“You’re such a great dancer, Lay!” you exclaimed as you held your thumbs up.

A blush took over Lay’s cheeks as he sheepishly accepted your praise. “It’s really not much compared to Kai.”

You shook your head and beamed at him. “I think you’re absolutely wonderful!”

An even darker blush captured Lay’s cheeks and luckily for him, he was saved by D.O’s loud calling of, “Your hour’s up, Lay! It’s my turn to have Hanmi all to myself now!”

The two of you chuckled at D.O’s shameless words before Lay waved good bye to you to join the other members in the main room. D.O entered the second the other left and bounced over to you with a large grin on his face. You chuckled at the resemblence the member held to a puppy bounding towards his master.

“So what do you have in store for me, Hanmi?” D.O smiled happily down at you.

You chuckled at his eagerness. “Well seeing as how you came pretty quickly, I’m not sure what we’re going to do yet, D.O.”

D.O pouted at your words, but he quickly regained the twinkle in his eyes. “How about I show you how far my powers can go?”

You nodded your head at his suggestion. “Have you been working on the plant manipulation ability that I told you about earlier?”

D.O nodded his head with a proud smile. Without you even having to ask for an example, D.O slowly began to raise his hand.

You raised an eyebrow when nothing happened, and was about to question the skill level of the other until you felt something brush gently against you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter