A stranger

Fight for Love

 

Chapter 7 A stranger

You stopped crying but let him hug you, no one said a word until-

“Hee-young what’s taking you so long?” Your mom called from downstairs. You pulled away and turned around.

“T-thanks for coming all this way to help me, I’ll just go now. Bye” You opened the door and walked out, no one stopped you this time.

“Were you crying Hee-young?” Your mother asked and you shook your head as you opened the door and went to sit in the car. The ride felt like forever as you replayed everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. Why was life being unfair all of a sudden?

“Hee-young?” You father asked and your head snapped up, your thoughts already lost.

“Y-yes?”

“Are you going to get out? We are here” You looked around and you realized that you had reached. You nodded and got out, how long had you been focused on your thoughts? You shook your head, clearing everything that was confusing. As for tonight you were going to silently have your dinner, come back home and fall asleep hoping that when you woke up none of this would have happened.

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim! So glad to see you could make it.” A man who looked to be the same age as your father greeted your family.

“This must be your lovely daughter! My, she looks absolutely beautiful tonight.” A woman standing next to the man said. You smiled and uttered a quiet ‘thank you.’

“This is our son, Chung-hee” Behind them, stood a boy a few inches taller than you who had a very angry expression on his face. He made no attempt to get up so you and your family took your seats. You were about to sit next to your mother when she pushed you away.

“Go speak to your fiancée, get to know him.” You cursed under your breath but did what she wanted.

“Hi.” You said forcing a smile upon your face. He ignored you, Well great! This is going to be really fun! You thought sarcastically.

“So do you want to… get married?” You asked, feeling utterly stupid as soon as the question left your mouth. He turned to glare at you before turning back to his phone which was underneath the table so that his parents couldn’t see. You decided to leave him alone and focused on your food.

Was there any possibility that Minhyuk liked me? Stop thinking about him Hee-young, he only likes you as a friend. From the past few days, Minhyuk had been constantly in your mind especially in the past 24 hours. The appetizers had arrived and you put away your thoughts as you began to eat.

“So do you like Chung-hee?” His mother asked and your eyes widened in surprise.

What were you supposed to say: “I’m sorry but your son is a jerk who isn’t in the mood to speak to me? You smiled instead hoping that would answer her question.

“My name is Hee-young.” You tried again to speak to him but all you got was silence.

“Do you not get the signal that I am trying to pass? I don’t want to speak to you! Aish I’m getting married to a stupid girl!” He muttered the last statement under his breath but you could still hear him. As you were about to snap at him your phone buzzed, you instead glared at him and pulled your phone out looking at the text message you had just received. It was from Sungjae.

How’s the dinner noona? Tell me you don’t like the guy! Aww the maknae made you smile even in the presence of that jerkface.

The dinner is okay but the guy… You texted back leaving the rest to the boy’s imagination. You got a text right away.

Has he tried anything funny on you? This time it was Minhyuk.

Nope and don’t count on anything physical happening between us. He already made his assumptions about me. You looked sideways where Chung-hee was sitting, he was still typing away at his phone when he looked up and met your eyes.

“I understand I am good looking but stop gawking.” You glared at him as he smirked.

“” You muttered, he looked amused.

“That’s a first.” He seemed to be in deep thought about the insult you had just thrown at him.

“Well get used to it.” You shot one more nasty look at him before turning to your phone which had buzzed once again.

 I end up getting married and the guy turns out to be a complete jerk! How luckier can I get?

A/N

Hi again! I don’t really what I should say here, I feel though as if my story disappointed the reader’s idea after reading the foreword. If it did I am very sorry, you see I spent a lot of time on writing the foreword but by then I was very anxious to write my story so I just started writing in a hurry. But I promise that the future chapters will be better. I hope to finish this story by the end of next week because school starts the week after that and I will have absolutely no time during school but we all know that I will not be able to finish it by next week. Either way I’ll try to go write another chapter since I’m not that sleepy, but my inspiration seems to have vanished so maybe I’ll just end up writing it tomorrow. J