Compromises

Fight for Love

 

Chapter 4 Compromises

The sunlight streamed through the window and you squinted, you moved around slightly but bumped against something… or rather someone. You looked to see that you had fallen asleep in Minhyuk’s arms, you smiled this was probably just as good as running away. After ruining his shirt yesterday, you had decided to stop crying and explain what you were going to do now since you had decided to run away from home; somewhere along the way you must have fallen asleep. You snuggled closer to him and closed your eyes again, Minhyuk you make me a very lucky person. Unfortunately you couldn’t fall asleep so you laid there thinking about what you were going to do next. You finally decided to get up and slowly, making sure Minhyuk wouldn’t get disturbed you moved out of his arms and into the bathroom.

…….

After brushing your teeth and washing your face you decided to go downstairs. His parents had a business meeting in another city and had decided that they would stay the weekend. You went into the kitchen and got out the eggs, bread, jam, butter, and a few vegetables. You decided you would make an egg sandwich because you had experience with that recipe. As you got the pan ready, you heard footsteps and turned around to see a very relieved Minhyuk.

“I thought you might have left again.” He said a bit tense and you stared at him for a couple of minutes letting his words sink in. You shook your head

“Don’t worry, I’ll let you know if I ever leave.”

“Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.” Minhyuk smile and you turned back around to face the pan, you had to leave!

You couldn’t stay with Minhyuk forever, your parents would find you.

“Please don’t tell me you’re cooking something.” Minhyuk teased you and you turned around grumpily, pointing the spatula at him.

“Yah! What is that supposed to mean?” You asked slightly offended.

“That you’re a bad cook.” Minhyuk laughed at your stunned expression.

“Well then I won’t be making you one of my super delicious sandwiches.”  You turned back around to get the bread ready and you felt Minhyuk’s presence behind you. You tensed up only slightly, curious to know what he was going to do. He turned you around to face him and you were curious to what was happening at that moment. Is he going to kiss me? Hee-young! Stop thinking like that!

“Please don’t leave… like everybody else.” You paused, contemplating your answer. You didn’t want to hurt Minhyuk but you didn’t want to get married either, you looked down at the floor counting the square tiles.

“I won’t.” You decided, no matter how much you hated the marriage Minhyuk meant more to you.

“Chincha?” You nodded and he smilingly wrapped his arms around you in a very tight hug.

“I…. can’t… breath.” You gasped as he let go of you. You turned back around to the pan and started making your very delicious egg sandwich. There was silence after the hug, you didn't dare say anything and were happy to bedistracted by cooking.

“Did I put you in a tight spot?” Minhyuk asked behind you but you didn’t turn around breaking the silence.

“No.” Your voice cracked a bit.

“I am so sorry; I shouldn’t have made you choose between me and running away. It’s alright if you want to leave.” You turned around now pretty pissed.

“What makes you think that if I runaway I would be truly happy? If you hadn’t asked that question I wouldn’t have realized that without you in my life I won’t be happy. So I’ll just meet this guy that my parents want me to marry and who knows maybe over time we might fall in love with each other.” You said the last part quietly, you knew you were lying to Minhyuk but his friendship meant a lot to you so if it’s getting married to save your friendship, you guess you would have to do it. There was silence after your statement so you finished making your sandwich and were about to go out of the kitchen when Minhyuk’s voice stopped you.

“What if you get married to me?”