Love and other stupid things

Fight for Love

 

Chapter 16: Love and other stupid things

“Ooof” You fell upon Minhyuk and he stumbled trying to hold onto something but it was all open space so you both ended up falling to the ground.

“Ahhh owww” Minhyuk mumbled and you quickly got up so that you could see whether Minhyuk was okay, but Mi Kyong beat you to it.

“Oppa are you alright?” She helped him into a chair. Minhyuk nodded and you noticed that neither had let go of each other’s hands. You pushed away your tears and went over to MInhyuk.

“Are you really okay?” He looked up right into your eyes and you could see he remembered the promise. You saw the slight shake of his head and raced over to the coffee counter, where the barista was cleaning the cups.

“Um excuse me but by any chance do you have an ice-pack? My friends fell and he’s hurt.” You said quickly your eyes darting back to where Minhyuk was sitting. The barista nodded and went into the back and came back with a bag full of ice and some napkins.

“Thank you so much!” You smiled and went over to Minhyuk.

“Where does it hurt?” You asked.

“But oppa said he’s okay” Mi Kyong’s voice could be heard but you ignored it.

“My head” You slightly dabbed the bag of ice on the back of his head and he winced.

“You want me to hold it for you oppa?” Mi Kyong asked as she took the ice from you and started helping Minhyuk.

“Hyung are you badly hurt?” Sungjae asked as he looked over Hyunsik’s shoulder as they were all circled around him. Chung-hee was the only one who stayed silent; you stepped behind Sungjae hoping that no one had seen the tears already at your eyes.

 “I’m going to the bathroom” You escaped them and hurried into the bathroom and into one of the open stalls. The tears came pouring out of your eyes and you kept trying to make them stop. Why am I even crying? So what if Minhyuk and MI Kyong have a history? MInhyuk and I are just friends and just friends we will always be…

It took some time for you to stop crying but finally you peeked over the stall making sure nobody was there and then came out. You splashed water on your face trying to make the redness go away.

“You were crying?” You spun around shocked and saw Chung-hee leaning upon the wall.

“What are you doing here This is a girl’s bathroom!” You angrily shouted.

“Why were you crying? Do you by any chance… like the guy who just fell?” The remaining color drained from your face.

“No, o-of course not! Why would you say that? We are just friends” You smiled hoping it would work. Chung-hee smirked and walked out.

“That’s all the answer that I needed” He said before closing the door. Was he going to tell them all? I didn’t doubt him! You rushed after Chung-hee and pulled his arm forcing him to face you.

“Yah! What are you doing?” You asked.

“Nothing, I am going  back” He was still smirking.

“You better not say anything”

“Why? Is there something that should be said?” You felt like punching him right across the face.

“Just be quiet”

“Only if you hold my hand” Your eyes widened and you backed away.

“Forget it”

“Hey Minhyuk guess what?” Chung-hee called out his steps becoming faster. He couldn’t possibly know… right? Either way you ran forward and slipped your hand into his, he smirked at you and you kicked him in the shin making his smirk disappear.

“Hee-young where have you been?” Ilhoon asked and you pushed your hand back hoping nobody would see you both.

“I just had to use the bathroom” You smiled

“Noona why is your face red?” Sungjae asked.

“Oh my face is red?” You lightly patted your cheeks and laughed. “I must have ran over here” You brushed aside the topic.

“Are you okay now Minhyuk?” You asked grabbing your hand away from Chung-hee and looking at Minhyuk expectantly.

“Yeah, I’m fine now” Minhyuk said his face filled with worry and curiosity.

“That’s good”

“Are we still going to the amusement park?” Chung-hee asked.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea especially since MInhyuk hurt-“ You started.

“No we are still going” You blinked your eyes as Minhyuk contradicted you.

“But Minhyuk you just got hurt” You said.

“It’s okay, I’ll be okay lets go have fun” He smiled and got up.

“Oppa which car should I come in?” Mi Kyong asked.

“You can come with us” Minhyuk answered.

“Us?” Chung-hee asked skeptically,

“Yeah, Hee-young and me” Minhyuk was giving Chung-hee an ice cold glare and Chung-hee was glaring back.

“Oh no it’s fine I’ll go with them” You pointed to Changsub, Ilhoon, Eunkwang, Hyunsik, SUngaje, and Peniel who still looked worried.

“No, come with me. Please?” Minhyuk looked directly into your eyes and you nodded unable to say no.

“Can I come too?” Chung-hee asked.

“Of course! And you know what I’ll go ride with him!” You said excitedly.

“No” MInhyuk objected.

“Let’s just all ride together, my van has more than enough space” Changsub said and you all followed him out. You and Minhyuk were the last ones to go when he grabbed your hand and pulled you back.

“Why were you crying? Did Chung-hee do something to you?” Minhyuk eyed you cautiously.

“What? Me crying? Your funny, I wasn’t crying” You lied.

“What the hell did that bastard do to you?” Minhyuk growled and he let go off your hand and was about to call out Chung-hee when you pulled him back.

“I’ll tell you later, let’s just go have fun okay?” You tried to be reasonable.

“No, I want to know now!” You closed your eyes.

“Hey what’s keeping you guys?” Peniel asked as he looked over at you both as he was about to cross the street.

“Nothing, we are coming” You took that opportunity to turn around and head out but Minhyuk grabbed your hand again forcing to stop.

“We are not going until you tell me what happened. Were you by any chance holding hands?” The last part was asked quietly and you winced inwardly realizing that he had seen you both.

“Look, just let it go” You answered looking around, avoiding eye contact.

“No” A smile crept upon Minhyuk’s face as he started dragging you outside the café. Everybody was already in the car and Minhyuk peered in.

“Changseob are you sure there’s enough space? Because if we both come in then it will just be too crowded and it’s a pretty long drive, and it’s best to be as comfortable as possible. That’s why I was thinking that since I already brought my car Hee-young and I can follow behind you” Minhyuk smiled and your mouth dropped open.

“Wait-“ You were about to protest when he pushed you behind him forcing you to shut up since no one could hear you anyway.

“Sure…. But is that okay with you both?” Changseob looked highly doubtful.

“Of course, we are best friends!” At the word ‘best friends’ Minhyuk nudged you from behind signaling to you about your answer to his previous question.

“Bye guys, we’ll be behind you” MInhyuk pulled you over to the car.

“Now we have almost two hours for you to tell me about what happened in the bathroom” MInhyuk glared at you as you slid into the passenger seat.

“You know, you won’t be able to escape this right?” Minhyuk had gotten behind the wheel and had put the key in the ignition. You looked out the car window, avoiding his gaze. There was silence and neither of you did anything until Minhyuk picked up your hand gently.

“Okay I am sorry. I am just worried, after what happened that night I just don’t want you to face the same thing again because who knows… this time I might not be able to save you” You turned around, finally deciding to face him.

“Nothing happened…. I promise you” You told him hoping that he would be convinced.

“Then why were you crying?” He asked gently.

 

A/N Hi there, well the weekend finally came. Sorry I couldn’t update last time, the weekend seemed to pass by very fast. Anyway look at the poster that KpopFrozen made for me!!! Yay I finally have a poster!! :D I am so happy and it’s so pretty!! :D