Protection

Fight for Love

 

Chapter 18: Protection

Minhyuk’s P.O.V

We were about to head into the ride when I noticed that it could seat four people. I looked behind me, searching for Hee-young so that we could sit together but even though my eyes roamed all around our group I could not find her. I started panicking because I couldn’t see Chung-hee either and tapped Eunkwang on the shoulder.

“Hey where is Hee-young?” I asked.

“Oh she said she wasn’t feeling well so Chung-hee and her went over there” He pointed outside the entrance of the roller coaster and before my mind could make sense of what was happening my legs had picked up speed and headed out of that ride. I saw people everywhere and tried my hardest to remember what Hee-young was wearing.

Red sweater! Crap! Minhyuk, how could you let this happen? What if he does something to her? My eyes widened as I remembered the day in the club and then a forgotten memory landed in my head of two summers ago when my family broke apart and Hee-young was there, staying by my side all through it. And now, I let her off with Chung-hee. If that bastard did anything to her, I would personally rip his head out with my bare hands. My eyes roamed around the area and I spotted a flash of red and a flash of blue, I looked in that direction and I saw Hee-young punch Chung-hee in the arm. He then smiled and took a step towards her, she stepped back and so I acted fast and ran over there but before I could EUnkwang pulled my collar back stopping me.

“Let go! Right now!” I yelled.

“They’re bonding and she is going to get married to him soon, this is good for them” Eunkwang smiled a sad smile and I looked at him incredulous.

“But hyung… you know how I feel about her” The boys had questioned me about my relationship with Hee-young the day of the dinner and I had denied it by Eunkwang had known me the longest so he had pulled me aside and made me explain to him.

“Really Minhyuk? Do you really love Hee-young?” Love, the word echoed through my mind.

Did I really love Hee-young? Or was I just lying to myself? NO! I really do love her, she’s everything to me!

“Yes I do, she means the world to me!” I looked back and saw Hee-young laughing as Chung-hee grinned.

“Then what about Mi-kyong?” Eunkwang asked and I was stuck. I didn’t know how to answer that question and I pondered for a moment.

“What about her?” I asked finally.

“Before playing with her heart, think of the consequences….” EUnkwang let go of my collar and walked back to the roller coaster. I stood there as I stared into space, not really focusing on anything just letting EUnkwang’s words sink in.

Play with her heart? Did he mean Hee-young or Mi-kyong? And if it was Hee-young what was he trying to imply? Does Hee-young like me too? Ha! As if, she considers me a friend, nothing more…. Well, no matter whether I was playing with her heart Chung-hee was no good for her.

I walked up to them Hee-young looked up at me confused, her smiling face turning to a frown. My insides stung because a couple of weeks ago, it would her and me laughing together.

“Let’s go” I grabbed her hand but she didn’t move.

“Why?”

“You know why” I answered as I started to drag her forward.

“She’s trying to say she doesn’t want to go with you, get a hint” Chung-hee answered. I turned around, glaring at him.

“You don’t know anything about her so I suggest you shut up”

“Or else?” He challenged me, smirking. My hand clenched into a fist and before I could process it through my mind I punched him in the mouth. He stumbled back and Hee-young grabbed him so that he wouldn’t fall.

“Why would you do that?” She yelled. My eyes widened in surprise, she was yelling at me? I was just protecting her. I looked around and saw a bunch of people were staring.

“I… I don’t know” I finally answered confused to what had just happened.

“Chung-hee are you okay?” She asked examining his jaw.

“Minhyuk what did you do?” Eunkwang’s voice was heard at a distance.

“Hey Eunkwang take care of Chung-hee” Hee-young grabbed my hand and started pulling me away. “You come with me”

“Where are we going?” I asked finally.

“Somewhere, away from the drama” she answered. After a bit of walking, she let go of my hand and turned sideways so that she could face me.

“What the hell was what?” She asked, her tone wasn’t angry but she didn’t look pleased either.

“I don’t know…” I was examining my hand, I was stupid enough to punch Chung-hee with the same hand I punched his friend with and that hand hadn’t healed either.

“Is your hand okay?” Heeyoung gently picked up my hand and looked at it.

“It’s swollen and I think it might be broke… slightly” She said, I looked at her as she examined my hand. I smiled to myself, happy that she was taking care of me.

“take me to the doctor then” She looked at me, a slight frown starting upon her lips.

“You should ask Mi-“

“No I want you to take me” A smile lit upon her face and she shook her head.

“Still acting like a child” She mumbled as she walked away, her finger still laced through mine. My smile vanished as I saw the group sitting on a bench nearby… well actually Chung-hee and Mi-kyong were sitting everybody else was standing around awkwardly. The warmth fro, heeyoung’s fingers disappeared as she ran forward tom look at the wounded Chung-hee.

“How are you feeling now?” She asked.

“I’m good” He nodded.

“Oppa are you okay?” I turned to my side to see Mi-kyong staring up at me expectantly. I smiled, unknowingly for some reason Mi-kyong had a special place in heart. Maybe it was due to the fact that she was the first girl that I ever considered beautiful and from then on I just assumed she was the love of my life… that was until I met Heeyoung.

“of course, nothing can hurt Minhyuk!” I pumped up my fist to show how strong I was.

“But oppa, your hand is becoming bigger” I looked at it and indeed it had become quite larger than before and the pain suddenly hit me with full force and I yelped out. Mi-kyong grabbed me as I staggered and Heeyoung came rushing forward.

“Okay so the nearest hospital is few miles away and I told the whole group about what happened, we get to get you wrapped up” Heeyoung said urgently as she took hold of my unbruised hand and dragged me out of the amusement park. Mi-kyong followed us.

“I’ll come with you”

“That’s not-“

“Sure” I agreed, interrupting Heeyoung. Times like these I seriously wondered what was wrong with my mouth. I just did not want to hurt Mi-kyong, especially since I knew how it felt. Eunkwang came rushing out after us with Chung-hee trailing him.

“Wait- guys, while your going to the hospital get him checked too… just in case” he added the last part, pushed Chung-hee towards us and ran away. I glared at his retreating back, I knew exactly what he was doing.

“I’ll drive” Heeyoung offered.

“I’ll take café of your hand in the meantime in the back.” Mi-kyong slightly winked and I soon realized what the seating arrangements meant; Chung-hee was going to sit right next to Heeyoung.

“No” I quickly objected and hurt flashed across Mi-kyong’s face and before I could stop myself I was objecting to those words as well.

“I mean… just forget it… let’s just sit together” I said giving up and getting in the back. Once we were ready, Heeyougn gunned the engine. I spent the entire car ride, which was pretty short, glaring at the back of the seat that Chung-hee was sitting on. There was no way he was going to steal my girl… no absolute way.

Arghhhh there you go readers :D I hope your happy, I wrote this while I was eating my dinner so sorry for my grammar mistakes. I have to study for an A.P test tomorrow and I am stressing over that so yeah I hope you can subscribe to this story, it would make me really happy and don’t forget to comment as well. :D See yeah till the next chappie…. Oooh im still hungry =(