A surprise

Fight for Love

 

Chapter 1, A surprise

“Hee-young, wait a minute.” Your mom called you and you turned around.

“Oem-ma hurry up, I’m already late.” You had woken up late since you had been doing your chemistry homework late into the night. You had just managed to get ready and grab a banana and were about to go out to meet Minhyuk when your mom called you back.

“Come directly back home after school.”

“What? No Oem-ma! I was going to get bubble tea today with Oppa!” You complained.

“You can get it tomorrow, it’s very important that you be here today.”

“Why?” You asked impatiently as your eyes kept darting back from your mother to the clock.

“Just come back Hee-young.” Your mother said frustrated, you groaned but agreed to her wishes. Your parents were back from their business trip which took forever and you didn’t know when they’re next one would be. So if agreeing to what they want makes them happy then you would do it. You began to run once you saw that it was already 7:45 and school was about to start in a few minutes. The cold weather hit you and you realized you needed a jacket but decided you could handle it for one day since you were already close to being late.

You saw Minhyuk casually leaning upon the gates, his hands in his pockets. He regained his regular posture once he noticed you running.

“What happened this time?” He asked, a smile dancing upon his lips. You held your knees as you tried to catch your breath.

“C-chemistry h-h-homework-“ You tried to explain but the pain in your side stopped you. You took a few deep breaths and tried to calm yourself. You opened your backpack and took out your water bottle and drank a few sips.

“You didn’t have to run.” Minhyuk said as you both started walking into the building.

“I was scared I was going to be late.” You replied and sighed in happiness as the warmth from the building comforted you.

“You are coming to get bubble tea this afternoon right.” Minhyuk asked as we arrived at our classroom, we had first class together which was Chemistry; how fun! You were about to say yes when you realized what your mom had said.

“Unfortunately I can’t, my mom told me I had to come back directly back home from school.” You said sadly.

“Why?”

“I have no idea, apparently it’s more important than bubble tea.” MInhyuk looked outraged.

“Nothing is more important than bubble tea!” You giggled at his comment and his face lit seeing your unhappy had disappeared.

“What’s more important than bubble tea?” Hyunsik asked as he suddenly appeared and  put his arms around you and Minhyuk.

“Nothing!” Minhyuk said in a serious tone.

“That’s right!” Hyunsik agreed, You rolled my eyes as the boys continued to talk about… well about the next basketball season. You entered the classroom and saw that Eunkwang was seated at his desk talking to Changseob. You walked over and smiled.

“Eunkwang Oppa I have a question.” You asked sweetly.

“Yah! How come you don’t ever call me oppa?” Hyunsik and Minhyuk asked simultaneously behind you. You turned around and tried to come up with a suitable answer.

“Because I don’t want to.” Great Hee-young, now the boys will pester you even more to act aegyo.

“What was your question?” Eunkwang asked shaking his head at the boys.

“I was hoping you could look over my chemistry homework.” You had finished it quite late last night and didn’t have time to check it. Eunkwang smiled and nodded, you opened your backpack once again and took out a folder titled Chemistry. You pulled out three sheets of paper and handed them over to Eunkwang.

“Oppa will you look at my chemistry homework as well?” Hyunsik imitated you.

“Yah! I don’t sound like that!” You angrily yelled. Hyunsik stuck his tongue at you and ran out the doorway. I was going to get that pabo back! Eunkwang handed back your homework and you looked at him surprised.

“Already done?” He nodded “New record for you oppa.” Minhyuk scowled at Eunkwang.

“Yah, stop calling him oppa.” Minhyuk yelled clearly agitated.

“Why, does it piss you off that I call Eunkwang oppa?” You asked, fake sweetness dripping from every word.

“No!” Minhyuk said.

“Okay don’t worry I won’t call Eunkwang, oppa.” Minhyuk smiled.

“Good.”

“I’ll call Changseob, oppa. You don’t mind right Changseob?” Changseob shook his head and laughed seeing how Minhyuk was getting angrier.

“You should call me oppa.” Minhyuk argued. You shook your head just to mess with him. At that moment the bell rang and everybody hurried to their seats. Minhyuk was seated next you and every five minutes he would poke you and ask, “Are you going to call me oppa now?” You simpy shook your head. It was fun to see Minhyuk so at edge. At last chemistry ended, you really couldn’t pay attention to what the teacher was saying due to the fact that Minhyuk kept poking you. Hopefully you could borrow Eunkwang’s notes.

“Come on Minhyuk let’s go.” You said but Minhyuk stayed in his seat looking angry but at the same time very cute.

“Awww oppa are you that mad?” You asked. Minhyuk looked at you, his anger had vanished. You shook your head in a disappointed way and dragged him out of the class.

“See you later oppa.” You replied and headed off to your next class which was World history. That class went by pretty fast and before you realized it, lunch time had come. You packed your books and stationery into your bag and headed out. The cold air hit you once again as you stepped out and you wrapped your arms around your body, in hopes to give some warmth to yourself.

“Hee-young are you cold?” A voice asked and you turned around.

“Oh no, not really.” Minhyuk came right next to you and felt your hand.

“You must be freezing! Here take me jacket.” He said as he started to strip off top layer, you stopped him.

“No, it’s really fine oppa.  You need to be warm as well.” His face softened into a smile but he still removed his jacket and wrapped it around you. You looked at it and smiled gleefully, it was the jacket you had given him for his birthday.

“But what about you?” You asked worried he might be cold without his jacket.

“You should know that I don’t get cold easily.” 

“As if! I’m your best friend and I know that you get cold very easily! So you wear this jacket I’ll go find one in my locker.” You were in the process of removing his jacket when his hands stopped you.

“You wear my jacket, I’ll go ask one of the others if they have a spare.” I smiled and wrapped the jacket more comfortable around you. It smelled exactly like Minhyuk, whose scent smelled like maple trees and nature

“Let’s go!” You linked your arm through his and went looking for one of the others who had a spare jacket.

………