Chapter Eight : I Am Happy As Always

You Were Mine But Now...

“Actually, I already checked up on the hospital and the doctor said…”

“What did the doctor said?”

“Umm, the doctor said that I might have cancer if I let this continue..”

“YAAAH! Then? Why are you still here? Will you be having a surgery?”

Byunghun closed his eyes facing to the ceiling. “Yeahh.. just few days before the holiday..”

“Your parents know about this, right?”

“Yeah, I was actually eavesdropping on them talking to the doctor, the doctor won’t tell me what’s happening to me, he told me to get outside of the room. But my parents doesn’t know that my hair has been falling, I guess if I told them, they’ll be more worried.”

Myungsoo looked at Byunghun, putting his hand on his shoulder, his tears were slowly forming again. “Be happy and I bet you’ll live longer, I’m not ready yet to leave an awesome best friend like you.” He softly punched to Byunghun’s tummy.

Byunghun smiled to Myungsoo “Like what I said to you a long time ago, you are my best friend no matter what happen and you’ll always be my best friend, remember that nae?” He then stood up from the sofa walking to the front door, “I’m going now.. thanks for letting me come here to tell you such nonsense things, see you tomorrow, okay? Don’t worry, I’ll be happy.” He then chuckled a bit and walked outside.

 

**

The next day.

 

As usual, you were picked up by Myungsoo to school, but this time, Myungsoo’s doesn’t talk much. “Myungsoo-ahh, did anything happen?” you asked him.

He looked at you and smiled, “Uhh, nothing actually, I’m just worried about something.”

“Something? About what actually?”

“Oh, nothing important.”

You just nodded to his answer, doesn’t want him to get annoyed by asking so many questions.

 

You guys arrived at school and Myungsoo sent you to your class, kissing your forehead before he went to his classroom. “Study well, be happy, alright?” he said to you and you just smiled and nodded.

 

As you went in to the classroom, you saw Byunghun who’s making a plane using a paper.

 

“Early today, huh?”

“Oh, hello there _______. Wanna play paper plane with me?”

“Hahah, why would I? I’m not a kid anymore. I’m not you, pshh.” You folded your arms, rolling your eyes.

“Well then, if you don’t want, I’ll just play on my own.” He then flew the plane at your direction.

“Yaaa! What if the plane poked my eyes, I’ll be blind!” you were mad at him.

 

He pushed his desk to the front, giving a space for him to stand, he stood up, walking towards you, he’s really close to you, inches away from your face and you were blushing cause you remembered this situation was the same like when you’re at the park with him.

 

“_________-ahh, your face is red.” He whispered to your ear, he slid his fingers down to your cheek, lifting up your chin. Now, your heart’s beating so fast, your tongue was tied into a knot, you were speechless, breathless. “I’m sorry..” He then faced to the ground apologizing to you.

 

“Why are you apologizing?” you confused.

“Ahh~ nothing, it’s just if I ever made mistakes to you, I’m really sorry..” he then sat back on his chair.

“You’ve made mistakes to me like ALL THE TIME, but why did you apologize now?”

“It’s because.. I’m afraid, I will not be able to say it soon?” he smiled a bit.

“what are you talking about? I don’t understand.” 

“Hahaha, it’s nothing, look, the teacher is coming.” Trying to change the topic.

 

**

Break time.

 

You got a text from Myungsoo.

Text from Myungsoo:

My dearest girlfriend, sorry I can’t spend the break time with you, I’ve got soccer practice. Tell byunghun too. I’ll see you after school, alright? I love you, baby. ^^ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

“How cute~” you thought.

“A text from Myungsoo?” Byunghun asked.

“Hahah, yeah~” you smiled shyly.

 

Byunghun pinched your cheeks, putting his hand on both of your cheeks and he made you putting on so many kind of expressions.

 

“YAAA! Stop it! You’re making me look ugly.” You pouted.

“But, it’s funny and it made me laugh~” he then pinched your cheek again.

“pshh, I never understand you.”

 

**

After school.

 

“Myungsooooo~” you called out Myungsoo’s name from a far, he turned around and looked at you smiling. “Ahh~ My girlfriend~”, you then got into his car.

He looked behind again, Byunghun was standing with his hand on his head looking like he's in pain, Myungsoo put on his serious face “Are you alright?” he asked byunghun.

Byunghun smiled to him. “I am always fine, Myungsoo. Don’t worry.”