Chapter Sixteen : What’s Going On?

You Were Mine But Now...

My previous chapter, I accidentally clicked on paste two times, no wonder it was long, lol. sorry for my mistake, I have edited it already and now, just a short chapter just kinda celebrating for me to be discharged out of the hospital :P lol, enjoy!

 


 

 

“Who was that?” Byunghun asked you looking so serious.

“Myungsoo’s friend… He’s in the hospital..” your tears started falling down, shaking your head trying to convince yourself that this can’t be happening.

"It’s okay.. _________-ah, it’s okay.. Let’s go there, I will accompany you” he hugged you in comfort, ruffling your hair, wiping away your tears.

 

 

You and Byunghun walked out of the park and took a cab and went to the hospital,  you rushed in to the hospital looking for Myungsoo while your tears were wetting the ground as you ran. As you arrived where Myungsoo was being charged, you hugged him immediately “Are you okay?” you asked him dewing his shirt, you saw there were lumps everywhere on his face, his arm, his feet. “What happened?” you asked him again in worried. Meanwhile, Byunghun who was just arrived, sitting on the chair behind you, feeling so uncomfortable, his pain has appeared, he put his hand on his chest twisting his shirt and his other hand on his head, feeling so much pain that his tears were automatically falling. “I was getting beat up by some people...” Myungsoo explained to you. “Who? Why did they beat you? Did you do anything wrong?” you asked him again not noticing Byunghun who was at the back trying to hold the pain he’s feeling. “I... Myungsoo, _________-ah, I’m sorry... I have to go.. I have something to do, I will check on you guys later.” Byunghun’s clenching his teeth, walking away from that place. Myungsoo happened to feel something’s going on with Byunghun “Byunghun-ah, go have some rest, let ________ take care of me, I’ll be alright” he said to his friend, Byunghun. Byunghun barely could hear him, he just nodded and left, he’s now walking rubbing his shoulder on the wall, couldn’t stand straight, he was limping. His sight was blury, getting darker, he saw black view turning plain white, he couldn’t see anything, he was squeezing his eyes lids, tears couldn’t stop falling, his chest was in pain as if something was trying to take out his organs, his head was awfully painful, he was holding to the wall, not wanting to fall down, he then sat down on the ground. “Am I going to die?” he asked himself, his body now fully on the ground, laying unconscious.

 

 

While you were with Myungsoo, the doctor came to explain about Myungsoo’s condition. “Myungsoo? This is your girlfriend?” both of you nodded. “What happened to him, doctor? He’s going to be alright, right?” the doctor faced down, you held Myungsoo’s hand, looking at his eyes “This going to be alright” he said to you whispering. “For now... Myungsoo.. you’re okay..” the doctor said. “For now?” Myungsoo asked. “What do you mean by that?” you continued. “The damage inside his body is pretty severe, and if he’s going to get beat up again, or his body got hurt, I’m afraid, his condition will getting worse and we must do a surgery that not hundred percently sure we can make it, if there’s another fight happen again that involve kicking and punching, there’s only about 30% for him to live on and if we gonna do surgery, it will be only 50% of him to live, but if his damage is seriously bad, I’m sorry to say, but surgery couldn’t help him.” The doctor explained. “Seriously doctor? Aren’t there any other way for him somehow to still survive?” you asked him, your tears again started falling. Myungsoo just faced down being silent cause he know that he will gonna beat up again. The doctor shook his head in order to answer your question. “I’m gonna be alright, don’t worry.” Myungsoo smiled to you. “I’m.. afraid..” you cried, hugging him. He slid his fingers down through your hair while his other hand wiping your tears, “I’m gonna be alright.. I will always stay by your side..” you looked at him, feeling so blue “Promise?” you asked him, he nodded and hugged you.

 

-

 

Byunghun who was laying down on the ground, unconscious was getting carried and pushed on the hospital bed by nurses to the emergency room and getting a special treatment by having an injection and checking his physical and mental problems, wires were stick on his chest and on his head, the sound of his heartbeats that can be hear inside the white room filled with so many surgical material, he was given an oxygen, he wasn’t getting surgery, the doctor was only observing the diseases he’s having. After for few hours, he is already awake from his unconscious, in a room, laying on a bed, needle on his hand, “What happened?” he thought inside his head, a person came in to the room “Ahh~~ you’re already conscious. How are you feeling?” it was a doctor. “What am I doing here? What happened to me? Where’s __________ and Myungsoo? Ahh-uff” clenching his hair, pulling it; feeling the pain inside his head. “Stay calm, Byunghun. Relax. They’re your friends right? He’s on the other ward, you are in the CCU” the doctor told him. “CCU? You mean Critical Care Unit? What am I doing here? Get me out of here! I am fine, okay! I am healthy!” he stood up from his bed, walking towards the door trying to go away. “NO! You cant!” the doctor stopped him and told him to sit down. “You will get out off of here in few days, for now.. your condition is getting worse, you should rest and get medical treatment from hospital…” the doctor again explained. “But… I need to take care of a lot of people, my bestfriends, parents..” Byunghun said, putting his hand on his head feeling confused, “It’s okay.. they’re gonna be alright, I will tell them to visit you..” the doctor said, trying to call you and Myungsoo. “No! Don’t tell them, I don’t want them to get worried, I’ll just call my parents, you can go now doctor, I need to be alone.” Byunghun said while laying down, dialing his parents number.

“Hello?”

“Byunghun?”

“Mom? Yes, it’s me Byunghun”

“Byunghun-ahh! Are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m okay mom, I think I just fainted, that’s all, nothing much worse.”

“FAINTED? Where are you now? In the hospital? Which ward? Dad and I will go there now.”

“Mum.. relax, I am alright. I’m at the CCU”

“CCU?! Your faint is that bad that you must be in CCU?”

“No mom, I’m okay.. see~? I still can talk, I still can walk and everything, I am fine.”

“Okay son, we’re gonna be there in few moments.”

He hung up his phone, sighing to himself, thinking why must bad things happen to him. He unlocked his phone and opened his gallery. He looked at the pictures of you and him, smiling to himself, missing the girl he loves the most, you. He then looked at the pictures of you, him and Myungsoo. Though, he’s really disappointed that ever since Myungsoo came to your friendship world, you’re spending more time with Myungsoo rather than him but he really loves you and Myungsoo and glad that this friendship still lasts. He smiled and smiled that water from his eyes were streaming down his cheeks, not ready to leave the both of you. Byunghun dialed your number. It’s ringing and you answered.

“Byungun? Where are you?” you asked him

“Hello, ________-ahh, I’ll be out of country for a while, I have to do something that is important.” He lied.

“Wae? Myungsoo is in horrible condition here, you should visit him.” You said pouting on the phone.

“________-ah, I know.. I wanna visit Myungsoo every second if I could and make you both happy but… I… this is just seriously important, I have to leave both of you guys for a while” His tears now couldn’t stop falling.

“Byunghun-ahh, are you okay? You sounds different..”

“___________-ah, give me the phone, I wanna talk to him” Myungsoo said to you asking for the phone.

“Hello, Byunghun? It’s me Myungsoo.”

“Hey, are you okay, pal?” Byunghun answered chuckling.

“No, are you okay?” Myungsoo asked Byunghun.

“I am fine and healthy as always, you don’t need to worry about me, worry about yourself, okay? I need you to be safe and healthy, and also take care of ___________ for me, kay?”

“Yah! Lee Byunghun! You sound like you’re gonna leave us forever! Where are you going actually?” Myungsoo asked him.

“I’m gonna go just the country nearby, I need to do something important” again he lied.

“Important things like what?” Myungsoo asked again.

“You don’t need to know that, when I got back to Korea again, I will give you a call.”

“Are you sure?” he asked again.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo, I’m hundred percently sure, now go have some rest,” Byunghun said.

“Well.. If you said so.. and if your health condition is bad, you should tell me and not to hide it, okay?” Myungsoo said quietly so that you couldn’t hear it.

“Yahh! I am okay and yeah sure, I’ll tell you.”

 

As soon as they hung up, Byunghun’s parents came inside his room.

“Hey mom, hey dad!” smiling he greeted his parents, not wanting them to worried about his condition.

“Are you okay?” his mum rushed to him and hugged him.

“Hahah, mom. You such a crybaby, of course I am alright, can’t you see I’m smiling widely here?”

“Son, tell us honestly. Are you okay?” his dad asked him sitting down on his bed.

“Dad.. I am alright.”

A nurse came in “It’s time for your medicine, Byunghun” his medicine is the liquid type that will be inserted through his needle on his hand by injection.

“Excuse me, nurse. Can you tell us what happened to our son?” Byunghun’s mom asked the nurse.

While inserting the medicine inside the needle, the nurse explained to Byunghun’s parents that he has reached stage three of the cancer that he must do the chemotherapy. His parents were shocked and asked the nurse if it’s going to be alright and the nurse said some did survive but some don’t but 40% chance, Byunghun can be one of the lucky guy that will survive through this cancer.

 

-

 

“____________-ah, you better go home.” Myungsoo asked you to go home and rest.

“Will you be okay here alone?” you asked him.

“Yeah…. Sure” he answered.

“I will go in few more minutes, I wanna stay here for a while” you put your head on his shoulder, holding his hand tightly.

“__________-ah, what will you do if one of us, Byunghun and I die?” he asked you all of the sudden, since he knows that somehow, one day.. either Byunghun or him will die in suffer because of their health condition.

“What kind of silly question is that? Of course, I will be miserable at best, I don’t want to lose any of you.” You answered him.

He laughed and looked at you, “I’m so dumb, right?” he hugged you and whispered to your ears “I will always love you”

Your heart pounds so hard, you were flushing red, you whispered back to him, “I love you too…”

 


just a short chapter, lol. i'm tired and i need rest D: 

will update sooner.

Love ya, readers /throw hearts/