Chapter 14: Memories

Love Bloom (Office Romance)

 

-Ji Soo's POV-

I ended the call, not wanting to look up as I know that the next time will happen is the guy standing in front of me will bellow in my face.

 

 You might ask why is the guy standing in front of me? Well, I sent Mr SeongHyeon away once I saw him approaching, though he seemed unconvinced, he listened and left.

 

-SeongHyeon’s POV-

“ Ji Soo, are you really alright?” I asked. Suddenly, her eyes widened, and she responded “Ne, Mr Seonghyeon, I am, I think you better leave, there is a meeting in 10 minutes.” “You sure?” I asked while looking at the schedule list, I knew she was right but there was a flicker of fear in her eyes and I didn’t want to leave her behind but she kept pushing me, and well I don’t really want to lose my job so I left.

 

-Ji Soo’s POV-

“Sorry, we are going to treat her now, so can you please wait outside?” the doctor told “him”. He just huffily replied and went out while the doctor applied cream on my cheeks. Frankly, I thought it will be painful but thinking about the horror that “he” is going to give me was much more painful and worrying.

“Why is he back again, gosh, why at this time as well? Appa and Omma are overseas and I am living all alone and he’s back?” I thought.

 

- Ji Soo's POV-

*flashback*

''Hey! Give me the money. I need it. You can't just see your son die like that and not help right?'' My brother said.

''I've already given you a lot of money to clear your debts,but you did not make use of the money to do so. You used the money to go and gamble again. Stocks and gambling dens,you have been playing with the stocks and going to the gambling dens so many times, haven't you learn your lesson? And now you are coming back here to ask us for money again? I have already given you a lot of money. We are very poor now because of you! Your sister needs to go and find a job while studying to help the family. What more do you want? I have no money now.'' Appa told oppa, with a disappointing sigh.

# The next day after i finished working#

''Since you have a job, you should have money. Give me that money!'' my brother exclaimed.

 

''I don't have any money now!'' I screamed in his face.

 

'' If you don't,I will beat you up and disturb appa and omma again.'' he threatened.

''WHAT?! Oppa! How can you do this? I really have no money already...but i have some savings...I'll give it to you,'' I said, giving him the money because i don't want my parents to cry again like last night.

 

Filial Daughter, I am, but I can’t protect my parents…

*end of flashback*

 

My parents have already given up on him. They do not have the money to give him anymore. What does he want now? I am not going to give in to him again.

''Ji Soo. You are okay now. Just need to apply this cream twice a day and also massage you swollen cheeks to make the blood disperse. You may go home now,'' the doctor told me.

 

I went outside the doctor's office after thanking him,but i saw him again,the one i don't want to see ever again,my brother.

 

''Hey you!'' my brother called out to me. I take it as i did not hear it and walked away.

 

All of a sudden, someone grabbed me from the back. It was my brother.

 

“What do you want again?! Money? Sorry i have no money to give you!'' I shouted at him, showing him full disrespect.

 

''I heard that you have a job eh? That job is in a HUGE company, can you get me a job there too?'' he told me, emphasizing on the word huge.

 

Why is he still like that? Still as thick-skinned. What is it? He wants me to get him a job? No way. For sure he will mishandle and embezzle the funds of the company, I just simply can't trust him.

 

''What? No way! I am not going to let you destroy this company-'' before i could even finish, he did something.

OUCH! He slapped me in my face.

''If you don't get me a job, I am going to harass omma and appa and harass you too!'' he said angrily.

 

''Omma and appa are overseas already, don't you know? How filial of you, how can you be my brother? I don't want to have a brother like this!'' I exclaimed, blurting all my thoughts out.

He raised his hand, preparing to sweep it across my face. I was prepared to get another tight slap.

Before he could slap me, another hand appeared, one with fairer skin.

 

''Hey! Who are you? Get lost dude,'' SeongHyeon said to my brother.

He grabbed his hand before it could touch my face.