Captivate and Dream

Seven Days to Love Again

Beep beep.

 

Ugh.  I my back and squinted at the light that was trickling through the pearl curtains.  I flailed around until I could get into a sitting position.  I glanced at the still beeping clock. 

“Yah…  Onew hyung,” I yawned loudly. 

There was no reply.

“Yahhhh,” I said with more force. 

Still no reply.

Is he dead or something?!

I got a pillow and flung it at his bed adjacent to mine.  There was no response whatsoever.  At least the alarm stopped going off.

I yawned sluggishly as I got up and approached his bed.  My eyes narrowed at the pile of clothes and stuffed animals and God knows what that was heaped on top of his blankets.  I sighed and poked the pile. 

“Hyung?”

I inhaled deeply.  I grabbed at the blankets with intensity and flipped it over, causing much of the items on his bed to go crashing down onto the ground.  He wasn’t there?  Huh.  Since when did he wake up earlier than me?  Well then again, I’m not complaining.  At least I didn’t have to turn on the lights, jump on his bed, jump on HIM, bribe him with you-know-what, and things like that. 

Early schedule maybe?

Hmm.  I thought we were schedule-free today.  I squeezed my eyes shut, attempting to remember if Manager hyung mentioned anything about our schedule.  Nothing.  Couldn’t remember a thing.  Oh well.  Back to your beauty sleep Kim Kibum.

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

Ok.  It’s been like seven minutes.  I could not drift back into my severely missed slumber, much to my distaste.  I rolled onto my side that faced away from the window.  Ouchh.  Wrong side.  I forgot about my cheek.  I rolled onto my back.  Aishhh!  This is annoying!  I forced myself to get up with sheer will and ambled outside into the living room. 

Oh dear Lord.  There he was again, sprawled on the floor, in the same position, at the same spot.  He wasn't wearing my green cow shirt.  Err.  He wasn't wearing his pajamas.  Instead, he was dressed in bright yellow skinny jeans, a multi-colored tee, and a white and light blue baseball jacket.  And my God.  He looked adorable.

"Onew hyung.  You're gonna get your clothes dirty if you sleep on the floor like this," I whispered.

I poked his forehead several times before he was finally semi-awake.  My hand went to his hair to pat down a couple of strands that were standing up.  He blinked hard a couple of times before he sat up and yawned.

"Kibummie?" he said stifling a yawn. 

I had to keep myself from erupting into a laughing fit.  The whole left side of his face was a cherry colored red.  The designs on the sleeves of his jacket were also etched into his cheek. 

“Emm.  You’re awake?” he groaned.

I nodded.  “Well duh I’m awake.  Pabo.”

“Oh.  Really?”

As he said the, he fell back down to the floor and resumed sleeping.

“Yahhh!  Onew hyung,” I whined, dragging him up by the arm.

“Andwaeeeee,” he grumbled. 

“Aishh.  At least sleep on the couch,” I reprimanded. 

He yawned as I led him to the couch.

“I’ll get you some coffee ok?”

“Ok,” he grinned.

“Un.  Don’t pass out on the floor again arachi?!”

“Only if you make the coffee chicken flavored,” he squealed before shutting his eyes and curling himself around a random pillow. 

I slapped his leg.  I’ve seriously never in my life seen an idol boy band leader this childish.  I laughed in disbelief and walked toward the kitchen.

“Kibummie ah~”

“Hmm?”

I turned around.  He wasn’t curled up on the couch.  He wasn’t suffocating the random pillow.  He didn’t even look slightly tired or sleepy.

“You wanna go out today?” he said, his eyes gleaming with excitement. 

“Wae yo?  Like.  A date?” I teased.

I flushed furiously and became an apple red.

“Pabo!  It’s not like that!”

“Sureee.”  I smiled.

“Noo!  Since Manager hyung said we had the day off today.  I thought maybe.  We could…  We could go out….” 

“And if I refuse?” I said narrowing my eyes.

“You can’t refuse.  You’re going to be mine for today!” he replied mischievously. 

He got up and stormed toward me.  He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into our room. 

“Wear something cute!” he winked as he shut the door and left my alone in a daze.

Oh my God.  He was serious.  I felt my face burning up.  I looked at the mirror above out dresser and slapped both of my cheeks, ignoring the pain coming from my left cheek.  Cute eh?

I rushed into the closet and grabbed an armful of clothes and threw it on my bed.  One garment of clothes after the other, I held against my body in front of the mirror and tossed the one’s that didn’t satisfy me to the side.

WAIT.  Why on earth am I getting so worked up about this?  Aisshhh!  I flung the clothes I had in my hands to the ground.  Calm down Kibum.  This is not a date!  I looked pathetically at the clothes.  Ooh.  That looks cute.

I grabbed a light blue knit cardigan and held it up to my torso.  Well.  The color matches Onew hyung’s baseball jacket.  I’ve decided.  I rampaged over to the dresser and pulled out a deep blue plaid shirt and black skinny jeans.  I smiled in content and quickly changed into the clothes.

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x 

 

“All ready?”

“Yup!  Let’s goo!!”

I adjusted the beanie on my head and re-tied my shoes.  He smiled at me and he linked his arm with mine and vigorously skipped me out the door.  We laughed as we skipped merrily down into the streets and at what?  I don’t even know. 

We unfastened our arm lock and snickered at each other, walking really close to one another.

"So my Kibummie!  Where would you like to go?" 

“Yah yah.  Wanna eat ddeokbokki?”

My stomach agreed hungrily for I neglected to feed it breakfast this morning.  Mianhe stomach…  But don’t worry!  I’ll feed you soon. 

“Ah.  Ddeokbokki?  Kure.”

“Ok!  There’s a stand over there!  Gaja hyung.”

“Un!”

I grabbed his hand and made a mad run for the ddeokbokki stand.  I guess I was hungrier than I thought.  The slight breeze felt good against my cheeks.  I know this is so cliché but the slow-mo-Korean-drama- running-together-holding-hands-toward-the-sun-scenes?  Yeah.  It felt like that.  But better.  Much better.  Can’t quite put my finger on this feeling. 

“Ya-  Yah,” he breathed hard as we got to the stand.  “Didn’t I tell you that I was getting older?”

I smiled brightly at him, completely ignoring his question. 

“Ahjumma!  Ddeokbokki jusehyo.” 

I gazed at the food being sloshed onto the plate like a wild animal.  Ok.  Maybe not a wild animal.  More like when Taemin sees banana milk.  Or when Onew sees chicken.  Man.  Seriously didn’t think that I would be THIS hungry.

The nice ahjumma handed me the plate and smiled.  I grabbed a two-pronged mini fork and pricked a piece of the ddeokbokki and devoured it in a matter of seconds.

“Ahhh.  Daebak,”  I grinned.

“You!  Don’t hog all of it!”

He grabbed my hand as I was inches away from destroying another piece and shoved it into his own mouth.

“Yeobo,” I joked sternly. 

He grabbed my hand and stabbed at a piece and put it in his mouth.

I smiled.

“Is it good?”

He shook his head in delight.  Wah.  It’s like being with Taemin. 

“Slow down,” I said.

I saw some of the sauce spill from the corner of his mouth.  Instinctively, I wiped it off with my finger.  Eh?  Why did I do that?  Aishhh.  How embarrassing!  What was creepier was the fact that my giggling didn’t make it less embarrassing.  You know when you are fully aware of doing something but your body decides to do it anyway.  Yup.  Awkward turtle moment. 

“Aha.  Komawo,” he replied shyly.

I smiled at him and quickly snatched the last piece of ddeokbokki.  Yum.  YUM.  My eyes closed as I savored that last bite. 

“Yah!”

He pinched my cheek that wasn’t punched by Jonghyun.  Ahh.  I would’ve gotten him back.  And I would’ve gotten him back good.  If only I wasn’t enjoying the attention he was giving me.  Call me an attention but time should’ve just froze over right then and there.  Well.  Not during my mid-chew on the ddeokbokki.  And not during Onew hyung’s ruthless pinching.  But.  These few seconds and minutes with Onew.  Hell it hasn’t been the whole day yet but I am already loving it.  This feeling.  I think I’m addicted.  Onew hyung.  He really is one of a kind.  I think I might just be fall-

“Ahjumma!  More ddeokbokki please!” he said. 

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

...  It's been like a week since I've updated.  I hate myself...  I am so sorry...  I've seriously been really busy.  And I kinda got sick the beginning of this week.  BUT GUESS WHAT?  Spring Break.  CHYEAH CHYEAH.   :)  So much time to update and write.  AND.  To catch up on some dramas.  ;D  You know what I mean?  *COUGH DREAM HIGH COUGH COUGH*  OMONA!  K.Will.  My Heart is Beating.  2nd Mini Album.  GO LISTEN.  SPAM THAT ALBUM INTO YOUR SYSTEM.  :D  Love K.Will.  Kekeke.  Before I go though.  I would like to send out my condolences and prayers to Japan.  You guys have probably heard about the 8.9 earthquake followed by that stupid tsunami by now but.  Seriously.  It's scary.  I was listening to some Epik High when I found out, making it fifty thousand infinity time more scary (you know what Epik High songs do to you when you fully or semi understand the meaning behind their lyrics).  But seeing how we complain about or problems and such just.  Wow.  They have it so much more bad than we do.  I can't even imagine.  I wish we could do so much more.  I mean.  We just had Haiti and now this?  It's like pre-2012.  Anyways.  Pray for Japan and the families there.  Keep the faith. 

-Mamii