Lost in Love

Seven Days to Love Again

I don’t know when we got home. I just don’t know. I only remember his warmth and how he was calm and grasping my hand under the crunching gravel. I was exhausted. And yet. I felt alive. It was a strange feeling.

We got home to a whining Taemin. He bombarded us with questions.

"Where were you guys? Why were you guys gone so long? Did you guys go play without me? Isn’t that mean? Did you get me something? Why aren’t you guys saying anything? And why are you guys holding hands?"

Crap.

Onew and I looked at each other and released our hands.

"Suspicious." Taemin eyes narrowed.

He walked over to me and grabbed my arm. He pulled me away from Onew.

"Yah hyung. Did you do anything wrong to my Key?" he said clutching onto my arm.

Gosh. Taemin is such a cutie. Wait wait. Don’t fall for his aegyo.

"He didn’t do anything to me Taemin ah. Calm down," I said. 

"I don’t believe you!" he said shooting me with his innocent glare.

He switched his gaze to Onew again.

"I won’t forgive you if you hurt my umma!"

"Taeminne ah."

Oh thank God.

"Wae Minho hyung??" Taemin pouted.

"Leave them alone. You still need to shower," Minho said nonchalantly.

"No!" Taemin replied, his grip on my arm getting tighter.

"Come on. I’m not gonna get you ice cream tomorrow if you continue being like this."

Taemin’s eyes got wide and I swear he was going to break down into tears. He let go off my arm and slumped off. He stopped in front of Minho and gave him a light punch on the arm and left without saying a word.

"Onew hyung. Key hyung. We have leftover food in the fridge if you are hungry. We already ate before you guys."

"Ah. Thanks Minho," Onew said.

"Nmm. No problem."

He walked away and left us in silence.

"Hey. I’m gonna go shower. Not hungry yet," Onew said.

"Ok. I’m going to eat first then."

"Alright. Don’t eat all of it now," he laughed.

"I’ll try not to," I replied smiling.

He walked down the hall into our shared room.

Well. Might as well go and eat. I opened the fridge to Onew hyung’s chicken from this morning and some kimchi stew that I made yesterday and kal-bi. The rice sat alone to the far left. To be honest, I didn’t feel like eating either. It was weird though because I could’ve sworn I didn’t eat anything that day.

I sighed and shut the fridge.

"Not gonna eat anything?"

I turned around slowly. Yup. I had thought so. His voice was just recorded into my brain. I’d recognize it easily.

"No. Not hungry," I replied.

"Oh. Ok," Jonghyun replied.

There was a long pause followed by awkward silence. Good Lord. This boy. Can’t he make it any more awkward than it already is?

"Umm. Kibum. I have to ask you a question."

"What is it?" I replied trying to sound as relaxed as I could.

"Do you hate me?"

YES.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well. I did punch you earlier," he said chuckling awkwardly.

"That was a punch?" I teased.

He laughed and began to walk towards me.

"Does it hurt?" he asked placing a hand on my cheek when he reached me.

"Un. Not really," I said not looking into his eyes.

He my cheek lightly. I winced a little. Not from the pain from my cheek but from the pain of him touching me.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Eh? Not really." I said rapidly, trying not to shove his hand away too harshly.

I walked to the counter and sat down on the chair that was poking out from underneath. 

"Well. I just haven't talked to you in a long time. I miss you Kibum," he uttered softly, as he followed me to where I was sitting.

I felt tingly inside. My face become hot. My heart began to beat really fast. I swear it was going to beat right out of my chest.

He raised a hand toward my chin and lifted my head up slightly.

"Kibum ah. Please talk to me."

I couldn't say a word. I tried and tried but nothing seemed to come out of my mouth.

Suddenly, both of his arms wrapped around my body. He pulled me up into a standing postion.  I was unable to move. His hug. It seemed different. Whenever we did fanservice, our hugs were just for the sheer purpose of fanservice. There was usually no meaning to it. But this time. I felt. I felt a man torn between something. He felt so fragile, I was afraid if I hugged him back, he would crumble into pieces.

"Kibum."

Automatically, both of my arms wrapped around his waist. I was careful not to hug him too tightly.

I felt a searing tear fall down my cheek.

This was the boy I fell in love with. This was him. My heart hurts. To see him like this tears me up inside. I've tried so hard to forget him and yet my feelings have just revived and are plaguing my heart. I can't love this person before me. But I can't admit to giving him up.

"Jonghyun. I love you."

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

D';  I was listening to the song Lost in Love and oh goodness.  I'm just.  In love.  I think the Almighty Key is just lovely.  :)  I really love him!  I wish it were true though JongKey.  :'(   I gotsta go to sleep.  I'm so tired.  Wrote a three page paper and forced myself to write this.  Had to get Jjong in here somehow...  It's another short one I know.  And yes.  I had to make it a cliff hanger.  = .="   But!!  I hope you enjoyed it!  Sorry for teh slow updates.  > .<  My bad.  I'll try to update faster.  <3  Thank yoos!  AND YES.  That picture.  It was the only one I could find on pb that was somewhat close to a hug.  GOSH.  Key.  This is probably the only time I've ever wanted to switch places with another person.  And it would've been satisfactory in either persons' situation.  I MEAN OMIGOSH.  Being kissed by Jjong or kissing Key.  You can't go wrong.  ; ]  OH YEAH.  I love Kang Seungyoon!!!  Just thought I'd let you guys know.  :D  [EDIT:  LOL.  Gaiz.  I fail.  D;  Key = 177 cm tall.  Jjong = 173 cm tall.  "He raised a hand toward my chin and lifted my head up slightly."  LMFAO.  FAIL.  I just did some minor changes to somewhat mask my fail.  Thank you Rhenx3.  You are the bomb.com.  :)  No more fail!  Mwuahahaha!]

-Mamii!