Tik Tik & Boom Wish

Seven Days to Love Again

“Minho Minhooooo!  I wanna play on the chair thing too!!!  MINHOOOOOOO!!!!!”

“Alright.”

“PUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!  Jinki hyung.  Are you-  Are you alright????” I said with difficulty while gasping for air.

“Of-  Of course I’m alright!!  That was just a warm up!!” he replied while attempting to pull himself together. 

My uncontrollable laughter resumed after I had found enough oxygen.  But you know.  I don’t usually laugh for this long.  I mean I laugh but usually not like a freaking maniac.  And I’ve witnessed Jinki hyung’s sangtae and his falls and his slip ups and yes.  I have laughed silently at them but not like crazy I’m-about-to-die laughing.  I wonder if this is the feeling people get when they get high. 

“Are you guys ok?” Taemin said peering over me.

“Just leave them Taemin ah.  They’ll come to their senses sooner or later,” Minho said with no regards to me or Jinki hyung whatsoever.

“Un.  Ok.  MINHOOOOO!  Push me please?”

“Didn’t I already agree to push you?  Why are you asking again?”

“Oh really…?  Well then…  PUSHHH MEEE!”

I heard Minho sigh and I heard myself still laughing.

“YAH!  Stop it already!” Jinki hyung yelled.

“ISN’T THAT TAEMIN OF SHINEE!?!?!?!??!”

I stopped laughing.  .

“OMONA!  It is!!!!!”

“Kyaaaa!!!!  AND MINHO!!!!”

“Taemin ah!!  Noona loves you a lot!!!  And Key too!  Of course I love you!!”

“ONEW OPPAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Minho…” Taemin whispered. 

“Ah.  I know.”

The fans were quickly approaching.  I saw Minho’s face become grim.

“Well.  I’ll leave it to you hyungs.  Taemin.  Let’s go.”

What.  WHAT!!??!?

“YAH!” I screamed.  But it was too late.  Minho slung Taemin over his shoulders and sprinted away faster than I had imagined.  Freaking giraffe cheetah…

“Well.  Shall we go too?”

I looked up.  Jinki hyung’s hand was extended in front of me.

“Yeah.  Let’s go,” I smiled.

“Ah!!  Where are you guys going!?!?”

“We wanted to take pictures!!!!”

“YAHHHH!!!  OPPAAAA!”

“Girls girls.  Calm down.  Remember.  They are idols.”

I heard several moans of disappointment.  I felt bad so I looked back and waved frantically. 

“Sorry!” I yelled.  “ANNYEONG!”

Jinki hyung grabbed my hand.

“Hurry,” he whispered.

I heard faint kya’s and wah’s and omona’s and I love you Key oppa’s.  But I felt my legs moving faster, trying to keep up with the person in front of me while the wind caressed every single strand of my hair.  You know what this feeling is?  It feels like I’m in one of those action movies where the hero guy is all speedy and runs away from the bad person all extra cool.  And then it transitions into one of those slow-mo’s.  Wait.  What am I talking about?

“Hyung.  Jinki!  Slow down.  Jinki hyung!”

“Do you want me to carry you?” he replied.

“Is that a serious question?!”

“Maybe.”  He turned around and gave me a smile.  But it wasn’t one of his full smiles.  It seemed forced and…half-hearted.   And it hurt.  Maybe it was just me?  My intuition is terrible you know.

“Jinki,” I panted.

He didn’t reply.  That also hurt.  I was getting frustrated.  Why frustrated?  I couldn’t tell you.  All I know was.  My body was leading me and not my mind.  The next thing I was aware of was me in front of Jinki and looking around to see his dumbfounded face.  I stopped.  Like a deer in freaking headlights.  My free hand that wasn’t under Jinki’s grasp clenching tightly flew in the air and wound itself around Jinki as if it has been doing it for centuries.  As if it already knew what to do.  As if it wanted me to do it.  As if it was part of my instinct. 

“Ki-.”

“Just shut up.”

Oh dear God.  I don’t know what to say to him now.  What the hell Kibum you freaking pabo.  The silence was completely dreadful.  And he was still not responding to my out-of-the-blue hug attack.  This is getting awkward.  Too awkward.  Say something.  Anything.  Anything.

“Let’s go eat lunch.”

GREAT JOB KIBUM.

“Uh.  Sure?”

“I mean uh…  If you want I guess.  I mean because we don’t have to you know but I was just suggesting…  How about cake?  I like cake.”

CAKE.  ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS KIBUM. 

“Ok then!”

What?

“Alright!”

No.  No.  NO.  This is not happening.  Where’s Minho and Taemin?  Oh my God. 

“Where’s Minho and Taemin?  We should call them for lunch too.  I mean.  Since Taemin likes cake.”

“Hey.  Can we go alone?”

HUH?

“Uh.  Wae?” I answered, my face beginning to burn like the insanely overcooked meat at that one place Minho hates eating at.  I bet you if I stuck my face in that pile of snow by the droopy looking tree, the snow would melt.  Into a freaking lake.  Ok…  More like a mini pond.  And because my face was literally on fire, I could feel that I was slowly making this conversation tense since I was too busy with my attempt at trying to figure out what to say next.  This is bad.  What should I do!?

“Just because,” he said sternly.

“Wha-  What does that mean?”  I feel stupid.  What do you mean what does that mean.  It means that he just wants to God dammit.  THINK KIBUM.  Ughh.  Don’t judge me.  I’m stressed…

“HA!  Gotcha!!!  Wahh.  Daebak!  You have got to see the look on your face!  Wheeeew.  Why so serious???  BAHA!”

This.  Freaking.  Kid.  I’ll freaking KILL HIM.

“Uh…  Well.  Is that my phone ringing?  Gosh.  Well look at the time.  Hello?  Manager hyung??  Oh yeah I was just-  Running away now.”

“YAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU’RE DEAD!!!!!!!!”

“But I’m still alive silly Kibum!” he yelled over his shoulder.

Not for long.

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

“Hellllloooooo?  I already said I’m sorry…”

I ignored his statement and remained huddled behind the thin tree that I ran into earlier when I was chasing him.  I just kind of stayed there ever since I ran into it.  So embarrassing…  I should’ve just let him drag me around the freaking place.  If only that moment where I hugged him was altered or deleted or something.  Ooh.  I should’ve said something like there’s a flying hippopotamus on a tricycle riding a parakeet.  That would’ve been less awkward than “Let’s go eat lunch”.

“You’re treating.”

“Huh?”

“You made me run into a tree so you’re treating!” I griped.

He laughed.

“Ok ok.  I’ll treat.  So what do you want to eat?”

“I already said cake!  We’re eating cake!”

“Ok ok!!  Calm down.  Cake it is.”

I buried my head into my arms to hide the smile that broke out onto my face. 

“Wae?  Are you hiding that smile of yours?” he snickered.

Not knowing where he was exactly, I swung at air for awhile hoping to land a hit on him.  But failing to, I silently got up and walked away with my head down.  I was still smiling though.  I wonder if he saw me. 

“Hey!  Wait up!”

I felt his arm being slung over my shoulder and the other twisting itself around my left arm.  I squirmed a little but I didn’t want him to let go.  I prayed that he wouldn’t let go.  Because we were together.  And I like it when we’re together.

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

“This one and this one and this one please!” 

“Yah hyung.  Do you plan on eating all of those?”

“Uhh.  No.  But they’re so pretty!”

“Uh huh.  You’re going to buy those cakes…  because they’re pretty and not because…  you want to eat them?  What’s the point of buying them if they’re pretty?  It’s cake.  And what do you do with cake hyung.  You’re gonna have to eat them.” 

“Do we have to eat them?”

Well of course we have to eat them you pabo was the look I gave him.

He pouted a bit.  But that pout was soon gone.

 “Then can you just give us three mini cakes?” Jinki beamed.

“Why are you still buying three?!  We are not gonna eat three whole cakes by ourselves.”

“But I said mini!” Jinki protested.

“Jin-”

“What do you mean buy Key shi?  Since it’s you guys, noona will give you those cakes for free!  Ooh!  And I’ll throw in our specialty cake too!  Are you guys having a get together or something?  Ooh!  Party?  Wah.  To party with SHINee.  We’ll prepare our most popular cakes for you!  Omona!  Meeting Onew and Key!  Kyaaa~  May I have your autographs please?”

I smiled awkwardly and thanked her for her kindness while signing a slip of paper she had placed on the counter.  I doubt she was able to hear me as I was thanking her.  It seemed like she was fangirling too much to function.  Oh well.  We got free cake!  Four free cake to be exact.  Maybe I could give one to Taemin later. 

“Jinki hyung.  Do you want to eat here?”

“Of course!  What’s the rush?”

I was hoping he would say that.  Of course to prolong our play time.  I didn’t feel like going back to the dorms just yet.  I mean why else would I want to stay here for?

“Let’s go back there by the giant teddy bear then.”

We walked together to the back of the store where the giant bear was.  And my God it was fluffy.  Really really fluffy.  But that’s not the point. 

“So.  Are we just gonna sit here and devour four cakes?” I laughed.

“Sure.  The one who eats the most wins!”

“I forfeit!”

“That’s no fun Kibummie!”

I laughed. 

“We all know that you’re going to win.  You eat like a freaking animal!”

“Nuh uh!  I’m a growing boy!  And I do not eat like an animal!”

“A growing boy who is already 22 years old.  Right.”

“Ok fine.”

He jumped into the heart shaped chair closest to the bear and untied the ribbon that secured the contents of the box that he was holding. 

“Wah!  It’s so pretty!”

“Let me see it,” I said with a smile.  He’s such a child.  Taemin virus?  I peeked inside the box.  “Wah!  It is pretty!  Wouldn’t it be a waste to eat this cake first?”

It seriously would be a waste to eat this cake first.  The cake was square and petite.  It was a layered tower cake!  Fluffy white cake then creamy white cream then a bunch of strawberries and then another layer of fluffy white cake and the more white cream and then a cluster of blueberries and then another white cake layer and then cream and freaking raspberries!  I love raspberries!  And then another fluffy white cake layer, the cream, and the final top layer of black berries.  It looks so…  GOOD.  But too pretty to eat.  I take back my what I said to Jinki about having to eat the cake regardless of how pretty it was.  I was going to stab myself with the fork that Jinki was anxiously clenching if I took a bite out of this cake.  Oh my God.  The plating is pretty too!  A strawberry stood beside the tall cake which was on a gorgeous floral print white paper platter. 

“Let’s save this for later then,” Jinki suggested. 

“Ok.  Let’s open that one,” I said pointing to the box that was a mellow purple color.

He nodded his head in agreement as I reached for the box. 

“Wah.  It’s heavy,” I said while lifting the box up and down a few times.  It really was heavy.  Well for a cake that is.  What is our cake a bowling ball or something?

“Well are you going to open it or what?” Jinki sighed. 

“Shut up,” I replied still astonished by how heavy that cake was. 

“Here let me do it!” Jinki said impatiently. 

He yanked at the ribbon and flung it in the air when it was undid and threw open the top of the box.  NO WONDER IT WAS HEAVY.  OMONA.  This cake is truly something.  I gave Jinki a quick glance.  He was already preparing to shove his face into this cake.  This cake was certainly pretty too.  But I liked the first one better.  The first cake was simple and beautiful!  This one was a bit too extravagant.  The cake was a shape of a sphere vase.  Short and stubby!  It was white but the thin green swirls that surrounded it made the cake a nice eccentric feel!  Limes and blueberries were placed beautifully on the top and around it was a whipped cream mountain casing which was one second away from being destroyed by Jinki hyung. 

He handed me a fork from inside the bag as I continued to eye the cake like a vulture eyeing a carcass.  This cake looks too pretty to eat too!  The people who made these cakes are daebak! 

“KIBUMMMM.  YOU HAVE TO TRY IT.  IT TASTES SOOOOO GOOD,” Jinki hyung said in mid chew. 

I swiftly poked the cake with my fork and scooped a bit of the blueberries onto it.  Please don’t fall off.  I want to eat you!  My other hand strayed under the fork as it quickly approached my mouth.  OMO.  I stuck my fork into the cake again.  IT WAS SO GOOD. 

“Oh my God hyung you’re right!  This cake is freaking delicious!!” I mumbled, trying to prevent the cake from escaping my mouth.

“I KNOW RIGHT,” said Jinki hyung, who was already plowing away.  There was a big crater in the top of the cake.  It was quickly growing…  At a scary pace.  Very scary pace…

“Hey!  Don’t hog all of it!”

The instant he said that, I was shoving the cake faster into my mouth than the original speed at which I was eating it.  I kinda droned out when he said don’t hog all of it.  Screw him.  This cake is HEAVEN.  Ok not really.  But very close.

“Yah!  Not listening huh?!?!”

I set down my fork in distaste and I turned to him.  I can’t believe I’m doing this right now.  My hands rose towards my face.  They weren’t my normal hands however.  They were Taemin’s trying-to-get-Minho-to-play-with-him puppy pose hands.  That cash register noona better not be sneaking pics.  I swear if she is…

“Stop embarrassing yourself Kim Kibum,” Jinki laughed.

Not the reaction I anticipated.  But it did give me enough time to devour the last clump of the vase cake.  I smell victoryyyy!

“YAH!  You cheated!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about hyung.  But hey! Let’s open that one!” I smiled.

He stuck out his tongue and proceeded to open the silky coffee colored box.  I gazed into the box.  Omooooo.  It was a chocolate fudge cakeeeee.  YUM.  It was also very simple.  Just a cylinder ish cake ornated with raspberries and white powder. 

“Hey Kibum.”

“What?” 

I turned around to face him.  Although I wish I had not because when I turned, I was met with a finger coated with whipped cream.  That finger pressed against my lips lightly and pulled back.  Again.  That noona better not be sneaking pics. 

“Yah!  What’d you do that for?!!?” I screamed.

“Shhhh!!!  You brought it upon yourself!  Eating that cake all by yourself!  I wanted to eat it too!”

I glared at him. 

“Ok fine.  I’ll let you eat this one.”

He looked at me.

“…  Ok!” he agreed cheerfully.

And so there I sat enviously as I watched him completely annihilate the poor cake.  He chewed and smiled and then began to chew again.  He looked so happy. 

“Ahh.”

“Hmm?” 

“The last piece.”

I looked at him.

“Well go on!  Ahhhh.”

I quickly gave a glance at the noona.  She wasn’t looking.  Good…

“I’ll kill you if you pull it back and eat it.”

“Don’t worry.  I won’t.”  He smiled. 

I glanced at the noona again as I leaned toward Jinki.  I closed my mouth around his fork and retreated back to my normal sitting position and chewed slowly.  GAHHHHHH.  IT.  WAS.  DELICIOUS.  The warm fudge tickled my tongue as I savored the taste.

He laughed. 

“You’re so adorable.”

There it was again.  That feeling in my stomach.  The burning sensation of my face. 

“Kiss.”

“Huh??” I replied stupidly.

“That was an indirect kiss,” he proclaimed with a smile.

I’m exploding.  I can feel it.  A ticking freaking time bomb.  And Jinki was my bomb squad.  Too bad he cut the wrong wire.  Yup.  I ended up exploding. 

“Don’t worry.  I’ll keep this kiss a secret!”

He ran his index finger above my lips.

“So messy!” 

I sat there frozen.  This urge of wanting his attention was totally suffocating.  I wanted him to smile at me, look at me, laugh with or at me I didn’t care.  I wanted him to BE with ME.  This is a slightly scary impulse.

“Spe-”

“Huh?” Jinki replied.

“The specialty cake…” I muttered.

“EH?”

“Let’s eat it.”

“Ah!  I forgot about the specialty cake.  You’re right huh?”

“We-  Well of course I’m right!”

He laughed his charming laugh.

“Ya-  Yah!  Don’t laugh!”

He gave me a mesmerizing smirk and completely ignored me.  He attained the box with different shades of blue stripes marked with a big white cursive S.  He unraveled the ribbon.  Inside was a cute little chocolate mousse sponge cake decorated with a two thin strawberry pieces that formed a shape of a pointy heart.  Whipped cream was the stage for the strawberry heart and the scattered variety of nuts were the audience.  I feel bad now for eating all of these marvelous daebak cakes for free without charge. 

“Ahhhhh.”

“Ya-  What are you doing?”

“Indirect kissing you of course,” he said while winking at me.

Let’s just say that what I did right after he said that was also a weird impulse.  But I hastily leaned in for the bite wishing for him to… continue feeding me.  The mousse was exquisite.  And the indirect kiss…?  Same.

“Ahh.”

I kept my eyes glued to the floor.  This time around, I was positive that every organ, tissue, and cell in my body had exploded.  The sensation rippled throughout my body. 

Zzt.  Zzt.  Zzt.

A weird feeling erupted in my stomach. 

“Hey.  Are you gonna pick up your phone?”

Phone?  What? 

I looked up at him.  He smiled back at me. 

OH RIGHT.  MY PHONE.  Duhh.

I patted the pockets of my hoodie and fumbled for the phone. 

Jjong.  "Hey where are you at?  Wanna go eat lunch?"

“Uh Jin-”

“Just go.”

What?

“Wha-”

“It’s Jonghyun right?  Just go.”

He smiled at me.  A smile that stabbed my eyes and tore my heart and disintegrated my soul. 

“Ah.  Sorry Jinki.  I’ll make it up to you later!” I said apologetically while getting up and walking to the door.  But before I could make a step, he stopped me.  And all my being wanted him…  To not let me go.

“I’ll be waiting for you Kibum.  At the playground we were at earlier,” he said solemnly.

I couldn’t turn back to face him.  Because I knew if I did, I knew that I wouldn’t survive.  And I knew that I would never let him go again. 

He let go of my wrist.

“Well what are you waiting for?  Go.” 

No.  I don’t want to. 

I felt my feet move. 

Don’t let me go Jinki.  Stop me again.  Stop me.  Please.  So I can be with you forever.

He made no move to stop me as I walked out the door.  And I didn’t even say goodbye. 

Wait for me Jinki.

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

Ahhhhh!  It's been a long time.  T - T  Sorry I haven't been updating!  I was on vaca and I didn't really have time to update...  Plus the fact that I didn't have Internet access the whole freaking month...  - .-  Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy.  Uhmmm.  It's very hot.  And also...  I heard that Jjong and Se Kyung broke up.  O . O  Coincidence????  I THINK NOTTTT!!!  . _.!!  Haha no.  Jkkk.  I feel kind of bad.  Coz they didn't really have time for each other...  Schedules are the real es here.  :P  Anywayyyyyy.  I hope you enjoyed this chapter...  Totally took me a long time to edit since I typed it all on my iTouch.  X - X  Thank you for reading!  Saranghaeyooooooooooooooooooooo<3  Oh yes and I might not be able to update as frequently as I can.  Y - Y  I'm going to be busy the next few weeks  *AHEM ACT AHEMMM*.  Sooo please bare with me.  :)

-Mamii