Severed

Seven Days to Love Again

Boring.  This recording seriously can't get any worse.

"Taemin.  I have a question for you!" announced the interviewer.  "What makes SHINee so awesome?"

"Umm.  What makes us awesome?  We're cool!"

This boy.  When is his aegyo mode ever OFF?  Thank God he is here though.  The mood cannot get anymore depressing.  I feel like someone just ripped my soul out and stuffed it into one of those creepy dolls.  Just smiling and not being able to feel anything.  Well.  Everyone seems kind of dead though.  Choi Jin hyung is going to get it today.  I mean.  What kind of manager makes us go to a recording at like six in the morning?! 

"Key-shi!  You're being awfully quiet today."

I fake a laugh.  "Oh.  I was just wondering if buying Onew hyung chicken was the right bribe to make him wake up earlier."

There was a short phase of laughter.  

"Yah.  If you don't keep your promise, I'm gonna get you!" Onew threatened.

"Hmph.  Mehrong~" I stuck my tongue at him. 

The laughter subsided and the recording went on for what seemed like an eternity. 

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

"Ahhh!!  Finally!" Taemin screamed into the deep dark blue sky. 

I looked up at the sky, the sun just barely peeking through the horizon. 

"Key hyung!  Can we go get some ice cream at that store over there?!"

"Taemin.  It's like negative a thousand degrees out here!"

"Soooo?"

"Yah!  You promised to buy me chicken!" Onew interupted.

"NO.  We are getting ice cream!!!"

"YAH.  We aren't getting anything.  We're going home so I can sleep." Oh crap.  I wished I didn't say that.  It's being unleashed.

"Umma~  Please?"

"OH PUH-LEASE Taemin.  That's not aegyo.  THIS is aegyo."

Onew turned to me and smirked. 

"Kibum ah~" he said while pouting.

"Yahh!  I'm gonna throw up Onew hyung."

"Hehehe." he grinned.

"Fine fine.  Here.  Just go get it by yourselves.  I'll wait for you guys outside the store over there by that bench."

"Yes!" they both shouted in unison and skipped off.

TO DO LIST:

RESIST TAEMIN'S AEGYO

STOP BUYING ONEW HYUNG CHICKEN

I sighed and went over to the bench to sit down, making sure the mental note to myself was done later.  Aishh.  It's cold.  I took out my phone.  7:16  I sighed and put it back in my pocket and stared up at the branches of the tree shrouding over the bench.

"Hey.  Are you alone?"

I glanced up. 

"We need to talk."

Oh my God.  Jonghyun.  Do NOT sit down.  Please.  Don't sit down.  Don't sit down.

Jonghyun sat beside me.  . 

"About what?" I replied as cold as I could possibly make it sound.  I think it worked.

"Ouch.  You're being quite harsh aren't you?

I gave him a sarcastic look.  Like one of those well-duh looks.  I think I pulled it off well.  Me and my diva self. 

Jonghyun chuckled.

"Soo.  Taemin and Onew hyung are in the store getting food and they've been in there for a long time.  I'm gonna go get them."  I lied, successfully avoiding eye contact with him. 

As I got up from the bench, I felt a strong grip wrap around my wrist that pulled me back down onto the bench. 

"Why are you being so distant?" he practically yelled.

"It's nothing you have to worry about." I retaliated.

"Yes it is.  You're my friend.  Damn straight I'm worried about you.  You've been freaking avoiding me for God knows how long.  We haven't had a decent conversation is forever.  Are you freaking stupid?"

"Why don't you go discuss this with your girlfriend?" I said heartlessly.

I got up from the bench and started to walk toward the store. 

.  I shouldn't have said that. 

Turn back and apologize.

The voice in my head screeched at me.

"Kibum."

I turned around.

"WHA-"

I felt my left cheek go numb as a staggered to the hard asphalt. 

Did...  Did he just punch me?  What the hell?  My face?  Oh hell no. 

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HIM?"

I felt hair brush lightly over my skin while I was being pulled to a standing position. 

"Onew hyung?"

I felt myself being slung over his back as the world around became swallowed in darkness.