Refresh

Seven Days to Love Again

Why?

We walked and walked.  I couldn’t see the apartments anymore.  I could hear his inconsistent breathing getting louder and louder.  Neither of us said a word.  We kept walking.  At this point, I didn’t even know where we were.  In the middle of nowhere in Seoul.  He started to slow down and finally came to a halt.  In front of a chicken store.  Oh good Lord.  Seriously?

“Hehe.  Chicken always makes me feel better!” Onew joked. 

“Ah.  I see.” I replied.

To my surprise, he led me past the chicken place.  There was a park around the block.  Although it was cold, there were many people there.  Kids were playing on the playground while under the protective gazes of the parents.  Some young couples where there too.  I felt Onew’s grip on my arm loosen and dissolve.  He walked over to a desolate swing set and sat himself on a swing.  His innocence was just radiating. 

I sat down on the swing adjacent to his.  He seemed to be dazing off.  I just kept on staring at him, waiting for him to say something.  Anything.  Something that would shatter the atmosphere.  Something that would bring me back to earlier that day where all my focus was on beating him in our little war.  Something that would block the thoughts of Jonghyun and that girl.  Something that would bring me back to sanity. 

“Key,” Onew said softly.

I gave him a glance. 

“Hmm?”

He raised both of his hands to his face, puffed out his cheeks, and did some peace signs with his fingers.  What?  Is he trying to beat Taemin at aegyo?  Impossible.  My Taemin is the best.

“What are you doing hyung?” I laughed.

“Hey.  You smiled.” Onew said his eyes smiling warmly back at me.

I could feel my face get hot and my hand tensed around the chain that held the swing to the metal thing stuck into the ground. 

“You probably think I’m a creeper don’t you.” Onew said.

“Not a bit.” I replied.

We locked eyes for a brief moment and looked away. 

“I just don’t want to see you in pain Kibum.  I mean.  You are the life of the group.  Forget Minho and his flaming charisma.  Without our flaming diva, SHINee would be nothing right?  And you haven’t been divalicious in a while.”  

Wow.  I’ve been caught.  He has seen right through me.   Not good.  I don’t like revealing my true self.  I mean come on.  I have a diva status to maintain.  Why is it that when I’m with this boy, all the walls break down and I can forget about image, my reality.  It feels like I can actually escape from the suffocation of my feeling for Jonghyun. 

“Hey.  Wanna go to the arcade?” Onew said part puppy-eyeing me.

“Ehh?  Wae?”

“Well.  I feel like having some fun.  It’s not often that the two of us hang out like this.  Let’s make some memories while we’re at it! 

I looked at him. 

“Ok!  Let’s go!”

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

“YAH.” 

“Ooo.  Are you jealous I got a higher score?”

“You…”  I shot a deadly glare at Onew.  “Give me the drumsticks.”

“Psh.  You can’t catch up to my score!”

“Oh yeah?”

I took in a deep breath.  The bass beat through the stereo as I was bashng at the drum set, taking quick glances at Onew to the side.  Onew was right.  It was kind of fun.  I mean.  We’ve been here for at least a hour or two.  Not once have I thought of “him”.  Well, until just now.  But I mean.  I feel lighter.  Like the weights strapped to my back have just turned into cotton. 

“NO WAY.”

“Told you I’d beat you.  Now hurry.  Give me your forehead!  Punishment time.”

“Kibummie ah~.  Please spare your hyung ok?  Hyung is getting old.  I might pass out from shock.”

“Heh.  Man up hyung.  Hwaiting!”

I breathed on my finger and put it in front of his forehead and gave him a hard flick. 

“Ouuch,” Onew pouted while rubbing his forehead.

“Mianhe hyung,” I lied, faking a pout.

“Yeah yeah,” he said smugly. 

“Sooo.  Another round?”

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

I think time went by too fast.  Or is it just me?  My time with Onew seems to just breeze over me.  And yet.  With Jonghyun.  It feels like an eternity.  And I hate the fact that I just thought about him when I’ve been trying to remove him from my conscience.  I guess that failed. 

After our intense gaming, we somehow managed to return to the park that we went to earlier in the day.  It was around 6PM.  The sun was forcing its way out of our sky, casting a shimmering golden blanket over our heads.  The tree over the bench we were sitting on made little spider web-like shadows beneath us. 

“Hey.  Let me borrow your legs,” Onew said breaking my thoughts.

“Ehh?”

“I wanna lay on them,” he said shifting my legs and setting his head on them. 

“Onew.  Wae ireoni?”

“Why am I being like what?” Onew questioned.

“I don’t know.  Never mind.  Forget what I just said.”

Stupid Key!

“No.  It’s ok,” he smiled. 

I looked down at him and met his eyes.  An abrupt feeling of breaking into tears surged through my body. 

Hold it back.

I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek.  Onew must’ve realized it.  He put the back of his hand against my face.

“Hey.  Don’t cry,” he said comfortingly.  “I promise that I’ll protect you.  No matter what!”

The tears continued rolling down my cheek.  I tried not to let my tears drop on his face since he was still laying in my lap and all.  I wiped up the straying tears with my sleeves and sniffed.

“Don’t worry.  I’ll definitely protect you.  So you have to promise me.  You can’t run away from me.  And you can’t hide anything from me either!  Ok?!”

I sniffled some more.  Gosh.  My inner diva must be so disappointed.  I stifled a laugh.

“Ok.  I promise,” I replied.

“Pinky promise?” he said holding out his pinky finger.

“Promise.”

Our pinkies intertwined as the last sheds of the sun’s rays disappeared with my tears.

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

D;  Awwwhhh.  I freaking adore OnKey.  DANG.  I'm soo off track.  This was SUPPOSED to be a JongKey.  What in the heck happened to Jjong!?!  > .<  Aishhhh.  Idek.  :P  I'm getting to it.  d(^ w ^)b  Kekeke.  LYKE OMIGOSH GAIZ.  Please.  Go listen to Dalmation's new album.  My current addiction.  It's just.  Freakking love!  Yeah.  Sooo.  I hoped you enjoyed it.  Getting to work on the next chapter.  It's around midnight where I'm at.  But I'm on a OnKey high or something.  xD  Can't sleep yet!  Wewt wewt!  <3

-the not sleepy Mamii