Back Home

Good-bye Baby

[A/N: Quick update! Thanks so much for staying with this story and welcome, new subscribers! I have been super busy lately and this is a short update to let everyone know I am still dedicated to this fic! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!]

- - -

When Suzy got home, things were eerily quiet. 

"Where's Paul and the kids?" She asked, a bored expression plastered on her face.

"I kicked them out." Madam stated, curtly. "You may move back into your room." 

If Suzy's face looked shocked then, Madam chose to ignore it. Could it be possible that Madam was sticking up for Suzy?

Suzy brought her things back up to her old room and began to settle in again. She climbed up to the attic and brought things back down to where they originally belonged. 

"Can I talk to you for a second, Suzy?" Eunjung asked, quietly. Suzy nodded encouragingly, opening her room door wider. Eunjung came in and stood awkwardly as Suzy unfolded her clothes back into their drawers.

"I"m sorry." She blurted out quickly. Suzy looked up, surprised.

"Taec wasn't mine for the taking. We honestly didn't mean to cheat. It just ended up that way. I'm truly sorry... Please don't just stare at me like that, Suzy!" Eunjung pleaded, an apologetic expression across her face. Just then, Suzy flung her arms around Eunjung, catching them both by surprise. Tears welled up in both the girls' eyes. Suzy pulled back, sniffling but laughing a little.

"It's okay. I know what it's like. Truce?" Suzy stuck her hand out. Eunjung smiled, shaking Suzy's hand. 

"Oh. Mom got hired at the new company, so we don't have to worry about bills anymore. The jobs you have at The Mug and the library - you're free to keep the income." 

"Really? That's so awesome!" Suzy cheered. 

It was as if the icy barrier between the stepsisters had melted. They chatted as if they were best friends and like they had never argued before. As Suzy continued to move back into her room, she realized she had gained another valuable person in her life. If cheating was how they became best friends, than so be it.