No More Perfume On You

Good-bye Baby

Shinhwa Academy. A prestigious high school that accepts only the best and brightest. That's why Suzy wonders how half her classmates got in. She's busy paying attention in math class when she feels a vibration in her pocket.

BABEEE. PARTY AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT! ~CHUNJI<3

Suzy smiled wistfully at her phone before putting it away. She knew there was no way she would be able to go... again. Her stepmother hated her like that. The bell rang and she made her way out of the classroom. She was greeted by the sight of her adorable boyfriend. He grinned at her and walked over.

"Hey. Did you get my text?" He asked, holding her hand.

"Yeah... you know I can't go." Suzy pouted.

"The witch won't let you again?" He asked sympathetically. Suzy nodded and put her head on his shoulder. Suddenly, she caught a whiff of a sweet scent. Before she could ask, Niel came over.

"Awh, look at the lovebirds!" He teased. Chunji smirked as he linked hands with his girlfriend.

"Yeah, yeah sure." Chunji said, kissing Suzy then walking away with Niel. "See you Saturday maybe then."

"Yeah.." said Suzy softly. It was times like these when she got the most nervous about her relationship with Chunji. He was popular, attractive, and athletic. He had many friends besides his main five best friends and he clearly had many female admirerers. On the other hand, she felt like she was just an average looking girl with brains and barely any friends. Everyone at Shinhwa wondered how in the world Suzy and Chunji were a couple. They had been official for a few weeks and one week from today would be their one month anniversary. 

* * *

"Mom... there's a party later at Chunji's house. Can I go?" Suzy asked quietly after dinner. She already knew what the answer would be.

"Suzy. You haven't done the laundry or the dishes yet. So, no." Her stepmom said sternly.

"Mom. I'm going out now! Be back later! Love you!" Eunjung swiftly hugged her mother before running out the door. Her mother smiled affectionately at the sight of her real daughter and followed her out the door. Suzy assumed that Mom was going to her boyfriend's house. It's not like she ever told Suzy her business anyway.

Suzy sighed. Her stepmother was most likely going to sleepover her boyfriend's house so... maybe just this time she could sneak off?

No... I can't. Mom would kill me. 

Suzy began to clear the table and load the sink with the dirty dishes. 

Hmm... maybe if I finish quickly, I can surprise Chunji!

Suzy smiled at the thought of her boyfriend and her insides churned. Even thinking about him made her giddy with excitement. She cleaned the dishes in record timing and sprinted over to fold the laundry. Within ten minutes, she finished and quickly ran upstairs, delivering everyone's clothes to their rooms. Suzy glanced at the clock and grinned. Only 8:00. She rummaged around her closet for something nice to wear and finally settled on a modest black top and skinny jeans. She pulled her hair up and didn't bother to apply any makeup. Suzy always covered up and dressed like a good girl. It wasn't that she was insecure about her body, she just never felt the need to expose herself the way every other girl in school did. 

I can't wait to see him. She quickly gave herself one last smile in the mirror and walked out her house. 

* * *

Chunji only lived one street down so Suzy easily walked over. There have been times when he tried to convince her to sneak out but she knew her stepmother would kill her if she ever found out. Suzy could already hear loud music blasting from down the street and prayed for Chunji's sake that the rich neighbors would be out partying themselves and not mind. As she approached his front door, she found that it was unlocked so she entered his familiar house. 

Needless to say, it was a mess. Everywhere there were plastic cups strewn across the living room and everyone dancing a little to close to each other. There were couples and non-couples making out on the couch or against the wall and Suzy tried to slip around the people, looking for her boyfriend. She decided to try the basement. Finally, as she was on the staircase, she spotted him talking to Niel across the room. She began to make her way over when suddenly, an older looking girl grabbed his hand and dragged him onto the main dance area.

Suzy cocked her head to the side, scoffing. Oh, no she didn't. Just then, 2PM's "Electricity" came on and they joined the grind line. Suzy looked in disgust as she saw everyone move their hips against the person in front and behind them. Then she saw Chunji and the noona.

Her heart stopped. She felt like someone had just punched her right in the gut and she couldn't breathe. She watched the dancing as if it was all happening in slow motion. Her body was so close to his and he wasn't even doing anything about it. He's mineWho does she think she is?! Suzy could feel her anger rising and grabbed the railing of the stairwell tightly. Should she go over there and show that noona who was boss? Should she slap Chunji for acting in such a manner? She watched in horror as the noona pulled Chunji closer to her face and kissed him. And. Kissed. Him. Chunji. Her. Boyfriend. Like, full on making out, tongue action and everything. 

Suzy didn't know what to do with herself. So many emotions began pouring out of her. Betrayal. Hurt. Anger. So many things were running through her mind. I knew it. I KNEW he was too good to be true. Chunji was Suzy's very first boyfriend. She trusted him with everything. She had told him her life story: how she suffered at home, how her family was torn apart. Don't cry. Don't you dare let that filthy cheater see you cry. 

Suzy watched, holding in her pain, as the two made their way to the bar near the staircase. They sat down and began flirting some more before Suzy bravely walked down the staircase.

Chunji looked over and he...

smiled.

He. Freaking. Smiled.