Get Out

Good-bye Baby

It was now December. Suzy and Taec had hung out a few times and she found that she really did enjoy his company. It was weird that he always wanted to go to Suzy's place, but she would never let him. Why would she allow her boyfriend to see her personal hell?

Things with Samdong were also looking up. He was less moody and dark and more cheerful more often. Now, at least he could smile and laugh at others' jokes. 

Wooyoung seemed to still be saddened by the loss of Jieun. He would only discuss this with Suzy and it seemed that he missed her terribly. However, she never answered his phone calls or responded to his texts. What was up with this girl, anyway?

* * *

"Hey, Suzy." Samdong called to her one day after lunch. 

"Hey, Samdong!" she responded with a smile.

"I never really got a chance to ask.. but how are things at home? Is your stepmother's boyfriend acting up?" He asked, genuinely concerned. So now you remmber your promise to protect me?

"Things are well." Suzy smoothly lied. There was no reason to get Samdong more involved in her life.

"Good. I'm glad." He stated. She gave him a polite smile before going to class. This was what their relationship had come to. 

* * * 

Christmas was coming up soon and Suzy had to go shopping for gifts for her friends. Normally, Eunjung received a present from Madam and vice versa, so Suzy was completely excluded. This year, she was positive Paul and his children would be included in the exchange as well.

She climbed up to her attic room and opened her drawer to get her hidden envelope of savings. These were tips from customers as the rest of her salary went straight to Madam's bank account. Her heart sank when she found that it was empty. What.. I had at least $100... ?

She gritted her teeth when she realized that her family had robbed her. Angrily, she unfolded the ladder and stormed to the TV room where Madam and Paul were watching the latest drama.

"What happened to my money?!" She asked, trying to hold back her fury.

"What money?" Madam coolly answered. "You don't have any."

"Exactly my point. Where is it?" Suzy glared accusingly at Paul. 

"I bought beer with it, what can I say." He shrugged nonchalantly. Tears flung into Suzy's eyes as she took deep breaths. She had worked so hard for months for what she had and in a few seconds, all of it was gone. 

"Don't go through my things without permission." Suzy threatened. 

"Ooh, I'm so scared." Paul retorted, his eyes still glued to the screen. Suzy stepped in front of the television.

"This is the best part!" Madam snapped. "Move!" 

"Not until I get a promise from Paul that he won't touch my stuff again." She glared. 

"What's yours is mine, including you. So move." Paul nastily answered. 

"I help pay the bills in the house. And you? What do you do? Laze around all day doing absolutely nothing, not even cleaning the house. You can't even get a job and you just waste my money buying-" SLAP.

A few seconds of dead silence followed. Madam's eyes widened. Even she had never physically abused her stepdaughter. 

"Get out." Paul calmly stated.

"Gladly." Suzy responded coldly. She sprinted to the attic, grabbed her school things, and stuffed her minimal belongings in a duffel bag. She stormed out of the house, not sparing a glance back.