Forgetting Someone

Good-bye Baby

I sincerely apologize for the long wait! It's been a few weeks and school has just been overwhelming. Once again, sorry and thanks for your patience <3

- - -

The two pulled away. 

"Uh, what was that, Taec?" Suzy asked carefully. Surprisingly, she felt nothing but shock from the kiss. No passion, no increase in heart rate. 

"Suzy.. I kind of like you." Taec answered, looking away quickly and no doubtedly blushing madly. Suzy raised an eyebrow.

"Oh." she answered. Taec turned back around to face her. Evidently, he had regained his composure.

"Will you give me a chance?"

* * *

"Samdong. You are so drunk!" Wooyoung chastised, guiding his friend from the party to Samdong's car. 

"You.. .. Wooyoung.." Samdong muttered.

Wooyoung shot him a look. "I'm helping you in your state of drunkenness!"

"Stole.. Jieun... We... Were.. Best... Friends..." Samdong slurred, slumping in shotgun. Wooyoung looked away in guilt. That was my fault... but she's gone for good now. How do you think I feel, Samdong?

Sighing, Wooyoung drove them back to his house. He wondered where Suzy, Taec, and the rest of the gang ran off to.

* * *

Suzy just stared at Taec for a couple of seconds. The kid knew that she had feelings for Samdong, yet he was pulling this kind of stunt on her. She opened , trying to find the right response. 

"I know you don't like me that much right now, but you can learn to eventually. And it'll help you get over Samdong." Taec reasoned.

This much was indeed true. It would be wrong to use Taec, but Suzy had an addiction to Samdong. He was a drug. She could get high off of him, and it was dangerous. She had betrayed her best friend for him. 

"I'm willing to give you a chance." Suzy carefully answered. 

Taec broke out into a grin. "That's all I need." 

After another half hour of comfortable silence lying in the back of his truck, the two got up and headed home. Taec dropped her off and Suzy hopped out, waving to him as he drove away. Samdong would have gotten out of the car and opened the door for her, but Suzy shrugged this thought away. It was around 1 AM and Suzy would be so dead if she was caught right now. Normally, her guardians would assume she was sleeping early and they didn't care that they didn't see her. She opened the door and turned around, quietly shutting it.

Unfortunately, one person was awake, and he was more drunk than Samdong.

"Who told you to come home so late?" Paul drawled, nearing her. Suzy stiffened immediately, trying not to make quick movements but heading slowly towards the staircase. If Paul wasn't provoked, he wouldn't feel threatened.

However, when she reached the first stair, Paul raised his hand and struck her head from behind. Suzy fell a little, clutching her head in pain.

"Think you can escape me, huh?!" He demanded, angrily. But Paul always managed to be quiet enough so that no one else would hear.

Suzy still had bruises from the last beating she received from this wretched man, and now she would have more to add to the collection. He roughly grasped her arm and pulled her up. Now Suzy's face was sickeningly close to Paul's. So close that she could smell his beer breath and see the hairs on his face because once again, he had failed to make himself look presentable at a job interview. 

"I give so much to this family, and here you are sneaking around at night like a little whor-" Paul whispered threateningly, slapping her in the face. Suzy fell to the ground this time, tears stinging her eyes. Her cheek burned from the pain she just experienced. She got onto fours and started crawling towards the front door.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Paul demanded, stumbling his way after her. She reached the door, quickly opening it and slamming it behind her. She could hear Paul's growls on the other side, as he was too drunk to figure out that the door was locked.

Breathing heavily, Suzy walked towards the bench, sobbing. Why did she have to deal with this almost everyday?

When she reached the bench, a figure was already there. Her heart quickened and sank again when she realized it was Samdong. That jerk, acting just like Paul. You said you would protect me. Liar.

Samdong looked up, his eyes red from the alcohol but his demeanor seemed calmer. 

"Hi, Suzy." He said calmly but drowsily.

"Not sober yet, are you?" Suzy said bitterly but sitting down.

"Not even close, but not acting high at least." Samdong explained. 

Suzy just sat there quietly, counting the amount of bruises on her body. She was up to twelve when Samdong began to talk again.

"I need to get over Jieun. Suzy, would it be too much to ask you.. if you know, I mean you kissed me before right? That means, you like me right? What if we starting dating so I could get over Jieun and you could be happy? Wouldn't that be perfect? Win-win?" Samdong helplessly offered. 

Suzy looked at him, disgusted.

"I resent that you think I'm a second option. How dare yo-" Suzy's rant was cut off by Samdong's fierce kiss. Taken by surprise, she kissed him back just as hungrily. Her arms wrapped around his neck and his found her waist. Suzy could feel her own desire in the kiss, but she knew that Samdong was half drunk. 

"Jieun.. I missed you." Samdong murmured when they broke apart and he rested his head on Suzy's shoulder, holding her tightly. 

Suzy's heart shattered. He only has room for Jieun in his heart. She let Samdong hold her, just to let him feel better. If this was the only way she could provide Samdong with happiness, then so be it. She would still love him, just as he would love Jieun. 

At that moment, Suzy decided she had to move on. If she kept thinking about Samdong, she would be stuck in her life. She had to give Taec a chance.

But, forgetting someone isn't as easy as it looks.