More Secrets; Losing Minds

His Crimson Eyes

Chapter 9 - More Secrets; Losing Minds


It didn't matter for them. But I was quite losing my mind back there. My brother tried to calm me and told me that everything will be alright, that he's going to be okay. They assured me that nothing bad will happen to him. I believed them, and finally calmed myself down. I settled on the spacious couch in the Lee's house. It was cozy for me, and I was comfortable. This is the first time I visited their house, physically and conciously awake. It was grand. My brother snuggled beside me. He took my hand and looked at me. He smiled.


Then I realized he wasn't looking at my face. "What are you looking at?" I asked him.


"Your eyes." he simply replied. "You're finally regaining everything."


I stared at him in confusion and he continued. "No worries, noona. You'll understand everything."


I rolled my eyes and let my head rest on the couch's arm. I started rubbing my eye. Something is seriously wrong with my eyes. I should probably let the doctor see it soon. It gets irritating. It's like something is in the pupil. I closed my eyes, then someone banged the door, and yelling for someone's name.


"Jay!"


She came in the living room. She was beautiful, her blonde hair swayed gracefully as she walked. Jihwan's hand left mine abruptly. But before I could even say anything, he was already walking towards her, trying to calm her down.


"Hey, I'm here. Don't worry. Jay's here." he said in a very sweet voice. She calmed down, and looked over his shoulders. Her eyes fixed on mine. Jay noticed what she was looking at. "I don't think you've met before. Come here, I'll introduce you to my sister."


She obeyed. I stood up and greeted her. She only looked at me, blankly. "Uhh.. hi. I'm Jihwan's sister, Haneul." I'm actually really bad at introducing myself personally, and in front of a.. what do they call them in Japanese? Bishoujo? Yes, that. A beautiful girl. She looked angry. Her eyes were twitching. She hasn't replied yet.


"Come on Soo Ah, greet my sister." Jihwan said.


"Tsk." She said. "I'mParkSooAhnicetomeetyou." She introduced herself in one word. Wow. She hates me, I know that for sure.


"That wasn't nice at all, Soo Ah." Karam said. For a second there, I thought he was angry. "Where are your manners?"


She flinched. "Please pardon my attitude. My name is Park Soo Ah. Hyunchol's twin."


"Karam, she's your twin?!" I was surprised, and excited. "Well, we haven't really exchanged that much words." I turned to Soo Ah and smiled at her. "Uhh well, it's nice to meet you. I was wondering... why are you holding hands?" I pointed at my brother and her.


My brother wasn't shaking. He was holding a girl's hand. I was taken aback. I sat down. "Don't tell me... you two?"


"Well, it was a long story, sis. Remember what Karam said before?" He asked. And I was remembering it, but which part? Oh that's right. The sister part. "I have gym class with her. The teacher made us run the miles. It lasted for 3 hours. I was still hyper, because the adrenaline started pumping. When class was over, I saw her by the drinking fountain. She was drinking loads of water. When she saw me, she kept saying she was thirsty. I tried giving her my water bottle, but she threw it away. She dragged me behind a bush and bit me. I don't remember how I got back. But, when I woke up the next morning, I remembered everything clearly. I confronted her when I got to school. I wasn't afraid, and I didn't know then why I wasn't. She told me she was a vampire, but before that, way before everything happened I already liked her. I just never realized it."


It wasn't likely of me to get emotional, but looking at my brother so happy. He's always cheerful, but the way he looks into her eyes. It was love. I was never proud of him as much as I do now. My eyes were blurry and I was ready to cry. I was so happy for him.


"Then, when we found out that he's a vampire. It made more sense why he wasn't affected by the spell when I drank his blood." Soo Ah said. "Aren't I lucky? A half witch and half vampire boyfriend. And the love of my life."


I heard Injun, Jay, and Karam curse under their breath. "That's enough talk Soo Ah. You've said enough." Karam dragged her out, but she came back and stood by Jihwan's side.


My heart just skipped a beat. I thought I was gonna die. When she talked, the words half vampire and half witch kept ringing in my head. What was she talking about?


"Half vampire... you're talking crazy. How is that possible?" I was literally going crazy. Too many information in my mind. I couldn't sort it out.


"Sis, I'm going to explain it. I was going to tell you in a much better and nicer way. Sorry." Jihwan told me.


"Does that mean our parents are like us?"


"Well... we're like them, if that's what you meant." he said.

"Was I not supposed to say it? I thought she knew already." she said. She was about to cry. "This is what happens when no one tells me anything in this house!" She was already sobbing. Jihwan tended to her for a bit then turned to me.

"I guess I don't have to wait for my brother. He might kill me when he learns that I'm telling you everything." Injun offered. He was smiling.

Why was Soo Ah crying? I'm supposed to cry here! I'm the one who doesn't know anything, aside from the fact that I have a witch's blood in me. Now, another secret was revealed, and I was unprepared. I am a vampire! How is that even possible?

"Soo Ah, if you're not going to stop crying, then I would have to make you stop." Karam said to her sister. She stopped crying. She's afraid of her brother.

Injun settled on another chair and had one leg over the other. "I take it Jihwan has mentioned to you about the woman who disappeared and came back bearing two children?" I nodded, and he continued.

"She was a witch. A witch hunter among the witches. She was a good witch. Obviously. She was only to hunt bad witches and bad people, and bad creatures. But I don't really know her history. You can ask your brother about her. Now, let's change to a different scene. Let's say... vampires were in the area. But no one really knew that, neither did your ancestral family. A young vampire, a seemingly hungry vampire, was lurking deep in the mountains for food. He was already bleeding from a previous fight against another vampire. He wanted a big meal. He found one, a really huge boar. Believe me, a vampire losing to a boar was unheard of." He paused for a second a laughed underneath his breath.

"The young witch appeared before the two. It appeared to her that the young vampire was in trouble. She killed the boar. Thus, beginning of a love story. But before that, they met a few times in the woods. And one night, she found out what he was and tried to kill him. He was already attracted to her, and couldn't kill her. He chose his last option. To turn her into one of us. He knows that she was powerful, and that means she still kept her powers as a witch when she transformed. But..." Injun paused and looked at me.

I told him to continue. "But she had a short-term amnesia. She lost her memories. She didn't remember anything. Who she was, where she was, and where she was from. He was there for her. He got scared, he tried to lead her to where she lives, but she kept following him. She eventually fell in love with him. Then, they did stuff. When her memories came back. She panicked, but she actually came to her senses and accepted reality. She lived with the young vampire together with his family. One night, she decided that she had to go back to her own home, worrying about her family, since she was supposedly the head of the family. The night was intimate, as it was their last. A year later, news came that she had passed away. The young vampire was devastated and in rage. He knows that she didn't just die. She was a strong woman. There was only one possible answer, that someone had killed her. He had cursed his family to serve our family forever. Little did he know that she had a child. It was a boy."

"Wait... a child? Only one, and a boy? But... Jihwan told me that there were two. A boy and a girl." I ruled at him.

"It was only a boy. But by the time the trusted people found the baby, they were surprised to see a baby girl."

"What is this, Jihwan? You said..." I scratched my head, and became quiet, letting Injun finish the story.

"When the vampires were informed, he rushed to see the boy and the girl. It was his son after all. But the baby girl... when he touched her cheeks, and her eyes opened. It was the same eyes as the witch huntress. He whispered her name. The baby smiled. The baby was her. It was her reincarnation. Since she was very powerful, she managed to take back her sould into being a baby. Jay had mentioned that every 3 generations, she comes back. She does, but her flame is slowly fading away." Injun said.

"Noona, I didn't know this information. I told you you'll know everything soon, just not from me." Jihwan defended himself. I sighed and covered my face with my hands.

"So, that's all. Any questions?" Injun asked.

"This woman, and this vampire... why aren't you saying their names?" I asked.

My head started to hurt. I felt dizzy with all these information. My eyes started twitching. I didn't even realize that I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Jeon... Jeon Haneul is her name." he said and I looked at him. My life flashed in front of me. My life in another country, the incident with the town, seeing Mika, and the day I was born. Repeatedly. It was a cycle. I saw myself in different clothes in different eras.

I didn't know how to explain it. I saw myself wearing rugged clothes. My hair in a half-bun. I was holding a baby. Then I started running, as fast as I could. When I opened my eyes, the baby was gone and I was surrounded by dark-cloaked men. I closed my eyes and I felt the wind through me. I was floating. The next thing I knew, someone called my name. I opened my eyes and a beautiful pair of eyes met mine. It was Mika.

Again, I don't know what happened. But everything was clear to me. I am Haneul. The woman that Injun and my brother mentioned. It was me. I was her reincarnation. I started crying. I came to a realization that there were another person in me. It was probably the real Haneul, our memories became one.

I am Haneul. Haneul is me.

I wiped away my tears and breathed.

"I see you're back, Haneul." Injun greeted. I glared at him. "That was uncalled for. Mika's gonna kill me. You know him. He was gonna tell you, but seeing how the events turned. I didn't have any choice."

I felt more powerful, now that the secrets were revealed. "Don't worry. I'll stop him if he tries to kill you." I saw Injun from my memories. It was him who found us and took us to Mika. "You've been a great help."

"I see the flames haven't completely died out yet."

There was a crash upstairs. I was the nearest to the door. "Maybe it's Mika. I'll check it out." Then rushed out.

I found his room, finally. It was dark. The window was open. I closed it. Then I heard heavy breathing. "Who's there?" No answer, and the breathing continued.

"Mika, is that you?" I asked and walked towards the bed. My vision got used to the dark and I saw something on the floor beside the bed. "Oh my gosh! Mika! What happened?"

I rushed to him and helped him get on the bed. He had his arms over his eyes. I the lamp from the table. It flickered, then I saw the red stains. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry. He's gone now. He's not gonna hurt anyone."

"I didn't ask you that! Look at you, you're bleeding! How am I not gonna worry and panic, when you're coming back looking like this! You shouldn't have fought him!"

"I-if I didn't kill him. He's going after y-y-ou. I can't let him do that, can I?" he was stuttering. "I need blood."

I hesitated. I don't know what will happen to me if I give him blood. This time, it won't be just the energy he'll take, instead both of them. Blood and energy. But, I can't stand it seeing him like this.

"Drink from me." I finally said it.

He moved his arms from his eyes and shot me a look. "Are you s-sure?" The blood started to spread on the bed. When I tried moving him, I touched his shoulders. His wound was big.

I nodded. He told me to come closer, and so I did. I was sitting on the bed, the pillows leaning on my back. He was beside me. He was weak. I ed my blouse, revealing the bare skin on my neck.

His eyes looked terrifying, it wasn't the blue color that I liked. But at the same time, he was weak. "I'm not gonna force you something that you don't want." He took my hand and kissed it. He turned it over and he kissed my wrist. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain.

It did come. It was sharper than a needle and it hurt, a lot. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. After a few seconds, he was done. He dropped his body beside mine. His breathing was back to normal and he slept.

I just looked at him. Not knowing why. And I smiled.

"Haneul... Haneul... Haneul..." he mumbled in his sleep. It was cute.

I giggled a little bit then put my hand on his forehead. "I'm right here, you idiot." I replaced my hand with a kiss on his forehead.

But somewhere in my mind, he wasn't looking for me.

---
To be continued.

A/N: So, what did you think of this chapter? I think it was pretty long. You might have noticed or not... but one member is missing. :) HAHA. Not gonna tell you where he is though. He might just pop out any second in the story.