In the Mountains

His Crimson Eyes

It has only been several days since I came back, and there was still that odd and foul smell lingering in the air. It must have been me, since my family and friends never noticed it. When I try and ask them, they move to another topic. It was like they didn't know, more like their minds are empty, and have been tampered. I ended up ignoring it.

At school, everyone is nice. Except for Lee Suhoon. Everybody calls him Mika, and I don't know why. He's a quiet guy. He doesn't talk much, unless you ask him first. He disappears a lot, and the next thing you know, he's back. Or it was probably just my imagination. He has a little brother and he's friends with Jay. He told me that Injun hasn't come over to our house lately because I was there. I thought he was just saying it because I was here, and he was shy to meet his friend's sister.

Back to Mika. He seems pretty cool. I learned that he's the most popular guy at school. Every girl follows him, and he's good at everything. Several girls asked him out, but he shrugged everyone. I've seen several guys like him back in the states, but unlike them, Mika gives off this mysterious and frightening aura.

One Friday afternoon, I stayed late at school because I needed to catch up with the school work that I missed. It was already dark, and it was a first for me to walk on a dim-lighted street, and it was pretty scary. My eyes slowly adjusted to the dark, and I continued walking.

I kept thinking about Mika, until I thought I'm already seeing him. I looked closely ahead and found two people. They were doing something and I blushed a little. Just then, the guy turned and to my surprise, it was Mika. I couldn't believe he can do such a thing, but then again, he's a guy, and a guy like him probably had an urge to do that at some point. Oh my gosh, it was Mika. My mouth was open when I saw the girl's face. It was Hara! My best friend, Hara! The most disturbing thing that I saw was that her neck was covered with blood. I looked back to Mika and he just looked at me. He off the blood from the side of his mouth. I backed a few steps and turned around. I freaked out that I started to run in the opposite direction, as fast as I could.

It was very dark, but surprisingly, I managed not to trip and fall. I kept running until I realized that I entered the forest, unkowingly. Terror crept up my whole body when the air shifted. I stopped to catch my breath, both hands on my knees, and knees bent a little bit.

"Where the heck did I run to?" I asked myself, panting.

As soon as I turned my head upwards, a pair of crimson eyes met mine. The beautiful ocean colored eyes from before was gone. I couldn't blink, and I was frozen in place. The pair of red eyes lured me into the unknown. In my head, I was drifting, levitating on the air. It was as if someone or something is controlling me. I tried to break free. I struggled and I did. As soon as I did it, I fell on my side, and heard a crack. I think I just broke the bone in my wrist.

I was met by the crimson eyed boy.

"Mika! Stop!" I heard another voice. I knew it, it was Mika.

I stood and he held both my shoulders tight that he might actually leave a bruise. His face came closer and I thought he would kiss me. I closed my eyes. I felt a sharp thing pressed against my neck, and I smelled blood. I remembered what happened earlier. I opened my eyes and pushed him away as hard as I could. But I felt a strong force on my stomach that I thought there was a hole through my body that gave off an outraged pain. Darkness overwhelmed me, and so as my consciousness.

-To be continued.