The Disappearing Monster

His Crimson Eyes

 

"What was that?" I stood up from where I sat and started looking around. I could sense a really strong and terrifyng aura, and it's out of control.

"It's finally showing itself. Heh." Mika was grinning. He was so calm, but his eyes tells me other things.

He was enjoying it. He wants to kill that thing, whatever it is. He opened the window and he disappeared as soon as the wind rushed in the room. I was left with Jihwan in the room.

"I'm going to help them." I turned to the door, but Jihwan grabbed my hand.

"Noona, I have something to tell you." He said. "Remember what Karam said before? Her sister didn't know who I was. She didn't know what I was."

"What do you mean by that, Jay?" I asked, confused.

"We aren't what you think we are, Sky." He closed his eyes. "You and I are not normal."

I let him finish. "Our... our family, several years ago, were known as the best hunters around. Some of them were assassins. One night, the daughter of the main family disappeared. She was about to be named as the head of the family. She returned several years later, Looking the same. Her appearance didn't change."

"Jihwan, what kind of hunters?" That was what I could ask.

"We have a witch's blood in us." He said and he meant it.

I stared at him not knowing what to say. "Witch?"

"Yes. And continuing my story, speculations came that she was cursed. It was true. Nobody really knew the whole story. But then they found out that she was pregnant. She gave birth to a girl and boy. She didn't let anyone know that she had two kids. It was forbidden. She hid them. Later, they actually took her life. Little did they know that her children possessed certain abilities."

Jihwan finally let go of my hand, and he looked at me intently. "It was a rumor that the cursed lady transferred her soul to one of her children. From then on, she is reincarnated to every 3rd generation in their family, to a siblings of a girl and a boy. The girl being the eldest."

It was slowly registering in my mind. Truthfully, I've had several blackouts and everytime I have them, I see someone. I wasn't sure, but it was a form. A form of a woman. But that was it. "Jihwan, are you telling me that I am that reincarnated woman?"

He nodded. I turned around and opened the door. "So, you're saying I am a woman who disappeared, and then came back bearing two children and died? This is insane. If I was someone like that, let's say, in my past life, won't I remember every single thing? I don't know that woman, and I don't recall remembering anything about that!"

I snapped at him. I don't know why I did. Until I realized what I just said. I didn't remember anything. I don't remember anything at all. There was a door in my mind, and I couldn't open it. And I know that what's inside the door is very important. My head didn't hurt, but my eye did. "Arghh... my eye."

"Sky, I never lied to you. You just have to believe me. I know things that you don't know, and sooner or later you'll be seeking answers. I'm telling you what we are. But... that's all I'm allowed to say. Wether you believe me or not, it's your choice." My brother said, for a second there, he sounded more mature. Yeah, he knows something that I don't know. I could feel it. He walked past me and started walking down the stairs. I followed him. He stopped, and so did I. "It's not like you have a choice either, sis. We are the same."

He was running down the stairs now. And the words echoed throughout the building, or maybe it was just in my mind.

We are the same.

Sometimes, I don't get my brother at all. Of course, we are the same. We're kins of that woman...

That woman... Why did I just say that? I rubbed my head. I didn't expect what happened next.

I felt a really strong presence just behind me. I was frozen on where I stood. Whatever it was, I could feel it! It's terrifying force, violent, wild, untamed, and hunger. If I move now, I'm dead. If I don't move, I'm still dead. Jihwan was right, I don't have a choice. It'll still lead to my death. I braced myself as I turned around and faced it. I was already shaking.

To my surprise, I faced a really beautiful person. His hair was long and he had bangs. He was smiling when our eyes met. He also had a beautiful smile. It was quite mesmerizing. But his eyes betrayed all of those beautiful qualities, and I knew better. He was dangerous.

"Hello there, young lady. It seems that you're alone." he said in the most unsuspecting voice, and smiled.

"No worries. She's not alone." It was Mika. He slowly made his way up the stairs and by my side. When he did, he placed his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

Don't say anything.

I nodded.

"Well, well. Suhoon has found quite a nice treat. Are you going to share her?" he said.

I tensed up, but I was more concerned of Mika. He was angry. He didn't show it, but I know he was angry. I moved my hand on top of his. The contact of our skin made me... stronger.

I don't know why, but I just did. Or maybe because I know that he's here that my fear went away.

"Not gonna say anything?" he said. He slowly bent down and reached for a strand of my hair. But Mika flicked his hand away from me.

"Do not touch her. She's mine." Mika said flatly.

My heart started beating so fast. Believe me, the first thing that went through my mind the second he said those words were: I'm his possession.

Injun took me away from the two of them, not really knowing what's gonna happen. "They're just gonna talk, and it's better and safe if you're far away from them." He smiled. I believed him, because Mika's aura was telling me that he's ready to rip that guy's throat any second, but supressing his anger. Maybe because I'm around? Okay, Haneul, don't get your hopes up. I told myself.

"Where's Jihwan?" I asked Injun.

"He's with Hyunchul." I looked at him. "Karam. He's with Karam."

"Ohh. Okay." I replied naturally.

"We need to talk. Somewhere nice." Mika said to the guy.

The guy kept smiling. "What if I don't want to?"

"I'll just have to force you to go with me." Mika replied. "I can't let a monster like you hang around my territory, taking girls and probably boys as well, without permission. I can't let you touch anyone else."

"Monster? Speak for yourself."

Mika paused for a while. He moved closer to the guy and put his hand on his shoulder. He whispered, and I still heard him, "Yes, but I am neither good nor bad. But you... you are the bad one. So, I must get rid of you."

Just like that, the other vampire vanished in to thin air. I heard Mika curse under his breath. He turned around and faced me. "I'll meet you at the house later. I've got some business to take care to."

Injun knows it was dangerous, and Mika left me to him. He took my arm and never let go of it. It kinda hurt, but I didn't say anything. Mika walked towards me and caressed my hair.

"You have to come home. Promise me you have to come home." I told him.

"I will." He smiled and smirked.

He left and Injun took me outside the school, along with my brother and Karam. He was laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked him.

"Well, you finally agreed that you'll be with him." he said.

I stopped and looked at him. "What? When did I..." Just then, I realized what I had told Mika. "But... I only told him to come home."

"Yes. Yes, you did." He said. "And that means something. Don't worry, you'll remember it soon."

"Remember what?" I asked... but Injun was lost in his own thoughts and kept mumbling.

"You'll remember it soon. You always do."

----
To be continued.

A/N: This chapter is pretty weird. Well, I thought it was weird writing it. It kinda gets confusing... well, Haneul's life is. Okay, if you're confused about what the Jeon family is, then I'll give you an insight. The Jeon family are witches. They have a witches's blood in them, until another blood infiltrated theirs. And that kind of bloodline started with the supposed-to-be head of the family, the girl (which for now, will remain nameless). And remember what Jihwan said, she was killed for having two babies at the same time, and so, with her newfound powers, she, let's say, moved her whole being (soul) to her eldest child, and it was the daughter.
Anyway, guys. I really appreciate every one of you. Hopefully the silent readers won't be silent now. I love you all!