Chapter 15 - He, who hurts me

His Crimson Eyes

his crimson eyes chapter 15 - he, who hurts me

Before setting up everything, she made sure no one else was in the area. She focused and when she felt that it's safe to go on, she sat on the grass and opened the spellbook to the page of the message.

She breathed deeply and looked up at the moon. She smiled and then softly said the words out loud.

"You are in my hands.
I am in your pages.
Stranded in infinity,
But you are still alive.

You are in my hands.
I am in your pages.
Put me in your heart and mind.
Tell me what you want,
And we'll be one."

After the last word, small gusts of wind encircled her from the ground. As it grew stronger, she stood up and her aura was visible now. She glowed with the wind. Some sparks appeared from the book and it went straight for her eyes. It didn't even hurt. She felt really safe and happy.

Her happiness was undescribable. Everything was peaceful. She felt she could do just anything right now. It was like nothing can stop her. There was determination in her. Her feelings became stronger.

The words from the book levitated and it went through her. Every information from the book was already in her mind.

"You have everything now." The book spoke. It didn't really speak, but words formed in the air. "I am yours from now on. I'll know you as you use my spells."

"I'll protect you as you protect my life." Sky said. It was a pact between them. The book was alive.

Little did Haneul know, she is keeping the book alive. In order to protect her and the book itself, a huge amount of energy was needed. But, the spellbook was astounded as Haneul wasn't just the old Haneul. There was a new blood in her. A new blood that gives a new source of energy. She was not the Haneul that the book knew.

"Call me Sky." She said to the spellbook.

It can feel her enormous power.

"I have a name. Grim. I am a grimoire. The original grimoire." It said.

It can feel the infinite flow of Sky's new bloodline. The energy came from Sky, herself.

 



(First person POV)

"Haneul! Haneul! Wait up!"

I turned around and watched Hyunmin catch up to me. "Oh hey, what's up?" I said as I started walking again.

"Nothing, really. Well, uhm. I just wanted to ask you what you were doing in the woods the other night? I was passing by the entrance to it from the store and I saw you."

"Are you sure it was me? The other night I was at home watching a show on TV."

Was it his aura who I felt? He feels different.

He must have sensed Mika, because he walked faster and disappeared somewhere.

Mika came and took my hand. He dragged me to the student council office. No one was there. As soon as he closed and locked the door behind him, he pushed me on the sofa.

"Hey, why'd you do that? That hurts." I told him. He hasn't spoken a thing.

He came closer and closer. My back was on the couch and he was on top of me. His face inches apart from mine. His hot breaths caressed my cheeks. The madness in him took over as his eyes changed color.

"Where were you?" He asked. "Don't even bother saying you were at home."

I didn't say anything. He crushed his lips on mine with force. I tasted blood. I felt rage and in an instant, I pushed Mika away.

He was surprised. He sat on the floor with wide eyes. "What happened to you?"

"Don't ask me that! I should ask you what is wrong with you! Why did you do that?!" I screamed at him in rage.

I didn't want to do that, but I just snapped. I wiped the blood from my lip. I realized the smell. It wasn't mine. He never bit me. It was Mika's blood.

I looked at him. He sat still and couldn't say anything else. "I'm... I'm sorry."

I walked to him and apologized again. I took his hands. "Mika..."

"What happened to you Sky? You're keeping something from me. You haven't said a single word to me. It's hurting me."

He said looking directly at my eyes.

I was taken aback. I felt rage inside me again, but mostly sadness. It hurts me too. I was the one who's hurting more.

"No, you're not. I am the one who's taking all this pain to myself. Have I ever asked you about Haneul? No. But somehow, I just know that I'm nothing to you. It has always been Haneul. Not me, but the woman from a long time ago. I know you're looking for something. And yes, I found it. I have what you're looking for. And that painting. Her painting.."

"Sky, what are you talking about?" He asked me.

But I was too tired to explain everything to him. I placed my hand on his arm and concentrated on the facts that I found out in the temple. Then. I shared it to him. I channeled the images and conversations Niki and I had.

Channeling means using my witch powers, and it takes a lot of energy too. I learned from Grim that channeling to another person will make the other person weaker. In our case, since Mika is a vampire, it's much more dangerous because of the fact that he IS a vampire and witches had long cursed the vampires. She was doing this without Grim knowing.

It took about 5 minutes for me to let him see what I wanted him to see: my true feelings. It took him more than 30 minutes to finally talk to me.

"Sky, I just don't know what to say." Mika said. "It's just that I keep seeing Haneul in you. You look so much like her. I loved Haneul. I loved her so much. But, believe me Sky. I moved on eventually. Her untimely death was unbearable, but I accepted the fact that she's long gone now."

I clenched my hand on my shoulder and bit my lip so I wouldn't have to cry in front of him. "Mika, it doesn't look like you accepted her death. When you look me in the eyes, it's not me you're looking at. You're looking at her. You're looking for her!"

Pain etched in Mika's face. He knew what I was talking about.

"Sky, one thing I know is that I came to love you. I love you. I love you, and..." He moved closer and took me in his arms gently. "I love you."

"Mika, how can you say that when we  just met?"

"You might not remember, but several years ago, when you were just this little kid, you caught my attention just like how you caught my attention when you came back in this town." He took a deep breath and continued. "Listen carefully my love. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain, for hurting you. Now that I think about it, even before I met you, and learned of your name, I've hurt you physically a lot of times."

"Do you remember when you used to play with Niki and Hara in the mountains near the waterfall? And they always teased you because you were so clumsy and end up getting bruises? I had something to do with that. I'm so sorry. Back then, I've lived a crazy life, a bad vampire boy and I tend to get bored easily. I saw you three as my toys. But the other two didn't interest me that much, so I set my eyes on you. You were just different from the others. You were strong-willed and kind. I hated and liked you at the same time. I played tricks on you, like setting up pebbles on the path so you'll trip. But, I ended up saving you from your clumsiness. Everytime I touched you, it was warm and that was the second time it happened. The first was from the original Haneul. So, I tried erasing myself from your memory. When you left, we moved in and took over the entire land. I researched about you and that was when I found out about your family history. I befriended your brother to protect him from my enemies. I also learned that your kind had more enemies, and they all knew about you. I didn't believe my sources until the day I came face to face with you. It startled me that you had the same features as Haneul. I locked away my memories of Haneul, and made new memories with you. But every now and then, Haneul's image slips from that lock."

"Our situation keeps getting more confusing. Why can't you just make up your mind and tell me if you want Haneul or me?"

Mika was quiet.

"I'll give you time, Mika. For now, let's just cool our heads off. I'm not saying to rip off other people's heads. Just stay calm and come to me when you know who you're saying 'I love you' to."

That was mean of me, but he deserved it. He was even playing, teasing, and hurting me even before we officially met! But, I was kinda happy that he told me this. My memories of him were unclear, but I've always known and remembered his presence in the area when we play.

"You are so silly." I said in a softest voice so only that wind could hear it and bring those words to him.

"What are you smiling for, my princess?"

An unfamilar voice and figure greeted me as I walked down the hallway. I looked up and a student had the weirdest grim on his face. He raised his hand over my face and my energy slowly faded. It was suffocating me, but the more I struggled the more I lost my consciousness.


Update! I still love my readers, and no I didn't forget about you! <3