Witches and Vampires...

His Crimson Eyes

Grim's POV

Her mind me in the depths of darkness. I did not know where I was headed. I thought I'm the only one capable of handling the darkness, but this kind of darkness was beyond my control. It was all up to the maker, the creator of this darkness.


I've lived for thousands of years, have seen the world change as I was passed down from generation to generation. And for hundreds of years, I was kept in the dark, not allowed to see other human beings, not allowed to be touched, and not allowed to feel the warmth of light. That's why I became the most powerful and darkest grimoire. I was born in the dark, and we became one. Until, a being brought me to the surface. I was forced to understand the other side of who I truly am. I never understood it, up until now.


I spoke on my own instead of the words written in the book. I controlled my own, and I took control of whoever places their fingers on the grimoire's cover. Slowly in their life energy as they carefully flip through each pages. It was a pleasure I enjoyed, until I changed my direction again. I was able to identify people's intentions just as they touch the cover and pages.


Then for the first time, I finally found a person who is able to control me, my master. This person is very special: vampiric and witch bloods mixed together. They are rare kinds, and rare kinds are taboo in the monster world. But they aren't just called that because of their mixed bloods.


Demons are what they are called in the nether and human world.


They were born from this powerful thing called love. Something I failed to understand, but seen throughout the ages. And throughout the many years of observing, I've come to realize that my masters become much stronger and powerful when love is involved.


Haneul was born with a witch blood. Her parents didn't practice witchcraft, but they believed in it. And they hadn't known Haneul is a direct descendant, until they had Jihwan. That was according to her parents' memories.


But... Something was quite off about the whole thing. No matter how hard I dig deeper for their memories, they were perfect. They fit perfectly. Intriguingly perfect.


And even I, the original grimoire, couldn't be perfect.


Then it hit me. All their memories were seemingly normal, that no one would ever suspect. Someone has tampered all their memories.

How did she become a vampire. The old Haneul? From the information I gathered, she and Mika did things, but she didn't conceive a child with Mika's blood. Someone has to have interfered, but who? And when did old Haneul get pregrant? Maybe something happened to her on her way back to her real family?

That is a possibility.

Then if she became a vampire and Mika helped her, then the Haneul now must be more powerful. Also, something inside her too, something dark that's been lingering deep within her, just waiting...



I must help her.

I keep calling her, but no response. Am I really locked in already? There has to be another way.

There has to be. I couldn't see, but I can sense the others.

Jeon Jihwan, her brother. He's life force is faint, barely hanging, but he's alive.

Haneul. Haneul. Listen to me. Your brother is still alive. Don't listen to those guys. Haneul, I know you can hear me. Please, I'm begging you. If you can hear me, just... Just stay calm. I can help.

I waited. But still nothing.

But I heard a soft groan.

Gr...grim...



Sky? Is that you?



Some-something's wrong... W-w-with me... It... It wasn't me... I-I-I swear it wasn't me...



Sky, what's wrong? What happened? Show me... You can trust me.



Then she opened her mind to me. The second she did that, I could feel her mind again.

I could feel a tremendous power in her. But at the same time, she's trembling in fear. After a while, I knew why...

Bodies lay on the floor, in a pool of blood. What happened here...

Sky was already by Jihwan's body, placing her hand on his head, crying.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry... Oh. What have I done?"

She abruptly stopped crying, and looked up. Someone was approaching, or something.

"Stop. Show yourself."

Her attitude changed. A complete change. Her posture was different, and her manners of speaking. It was vaguely familiar, and then that's when I realized that her transformation to a demon has been completed. And the poison in her blood helped her trigger it.


A/N:

Just a piece of Grim's thoughts.... I'm really loving Grim... don't you?

Who is that person approaching???

If you're still confused, this is where the famous quote comes in: Nothing is what it seems.

Or something like that...

Enjoy reading! :)