Invitation

His Crimson Eyes

It was because of a luscious smell that made my nose twitch. I was surrounded by flames. But the flames were not hot. It was cold, and looked like the sky. Haneul. I thought of myself as I gazed on the blue flames and realized that it enveloped me.

The smell came from the flames. It was a familiar scent but I couldn't identify it. My mind is messing with my memories again.

"Haneul, are you awake?" Mika was calling me. I'm awake, but I can't see anything. I'm still seeing the flames.

I closed my eyes and opened them. Mika's face were inches from mine. His blue irises were very clear. And I came back to my senses.

I pushed him away in that instant.

"What the heck are you doing?!" I was literally screaming for help. "Are you trying to do something to me?"

"Like I would do something to that body." He said. And he eyed me.

"Noona! I heard a scream!" My younger brother came bursting in the room with Injun and Karam behind. "You're up now?"

I looked back at Mika and he was on the window seat.

Silence.

And I heard soft whispers. "Will you guys stop whispering? It's annoying!" I said.

"What are you talking about noona, I didn't say anything, we were quiet." Jihwan defended himself and them. Which was actually true, because I didn't see anyone move their lips or anything.

I just sighed, until I realized again that I don't recognize this room, this isn't my room, or any room in my house. This one is huge!

I could feel Mika's smirk.

"You're in my house, and in my room, if you're wondering." He said it.

I looked around, and thought that it was a pretty decent room for a vampire like him...

Wait... did I just say vampire?

Shoot. I slapped my forehead. I actually forgot that they're all vampires. And what am I doing here in the first place?

"I'm guessing you read my mind now? I need answers." I told them. Then my head started to hurt. It was a terrible headache. "Uhh, Jihwan, come here for a second."

I heard his footsteps. "Will you hug your noona?" And he did.

"Sky, are you okay now?" he asked. I shook my head. Mika then looked at them, and they left the room.

We're alone in his room. I am alone in his room.

"Why did you ask him for a hug?" Mika asked.

"He's my brother of course..." I retorted, but he knew that there was something more to it. "Fine... I was just checking if I'm still alive."

He laughed so hard. That was the second time I saw him laugh. He was actually pretty cute. The second I blinked, he was sitting right beside me on the bed. His face closer that before.

"Do you know why your head keeps on hurting?" He whispered.

As soon as I opened my mouth to say something, he pressed his lips against mine. He kissed me. And I was definitely surprised. Not knowing what to do, I just kissed back. Some might think it was good, well, it was definitely nice. But there was something in that kiss... it was weird. It was as if something was given to me.

Life-source? Energy? I don't know.

"I think that's fine for now." he said as he slowly pulled away from me.

"What was that all about?"

"So... does your head still hurt?"

Which reminds me. It's gone. My head feels light, as if it was floating. "What happened?"

He just nodded. After a few minutes of silence he finally responded. "Normal humans can't stand being with vampires. It's because of their powers. There are also other humans who have strong spiritual energy, and it conflicts with the our powers, the vampires. But sometimes, there is one person, in every generation that is very same to a pure blood vampire."

He looked at me. "You were right before. I gave you a little bit of life energy so your headache will stop. But it won't last long, since I gave you something else."

"What? You're saying that my headaches will be back?"

He smiled. "Yeah. Unless, you start hanging out with me... or you want my kisses."

I threw a pillow at him, he didn't even bother evading it. "Stupid."

I could feel his smirk on my lips. My head was on the pillow again, and I looked away.

"That's why we should be together, forever."

He was whispering in my ear.

But I was losing my consciousness... again.

----------
To be continued.