Circumstances

His Crimson Eyes

I never saw Hara until the next week, and she came back like nothing ever happened. I tried to talk to her, but she doesn't know what I was talking about. Niki told me that everyone in the town has been bewitched. I never believed her, but then who would I believe then? Niki is the most... what should I call her? The only person I could trust now is her, since she is the only one who acts decent to me. But I'm afraid to ask her why she isn't bewitched like the others. And I am sure that Niki is hiding something as well.

As I walked up the stairs, the force of gravity pulled me down. I couldn't lift my left foot. I was probably the only one feeling it since the others walked normally. When I was able to lift my foot, I started walking up the next flight of stairs when a cute boy greeted me in front. He didn't greet me, he just stood there with his lollipop. He looked at me, literally looked at me.

"Uhh... Hi?" I asked. This was the same kid my brother was hanging out. He was indeed silent.

He slowly lifted his left hand and motioned for me to follow him. He turned around and started walking. I trailed behind him. As we got to the rooftop door, a girl burst out, or more like burst in and ran downstairs, crying. "Stupid Mika." That's what she said. But I didn't really heard her say it out loud. That's weird.

"Good. You're finally here, Haneul." A very familiar voice softly said.

I sighed. I was an emotionless person at that instant. I didn't know how to react, and I keep on wondering if this is reality.

"This is reality, my love. And what you're thinking right now is the truth." He said. I wanted to run away from him, but the door closed behind me and I didn't see the lollipop boy.

"So, now you ask your lackey to lock me in.. err.. I mean out, with you." I told him clearly.

"Hanuel, don't worry, I'm still here. As long as I'm here, my brother won't even lay a finger on you. And as long as you both keep calm. Okay?" Injun said.

He was the total opposite of Mika. I looked at Mika and his eyes were alluring. My eyes kept on twitching, and I rubbed it.

"Something wrong with your eye?" Mika asked. His voice sounding so concerned. But then he added, "Not that I'm concerned or anything."

I sighed again. "You know, I've been sighing ever since I got here. Do you really want me to get older that fast? Tell me straight to the point why you want me here."

He was silent for a couple of seconds.

"What you witnessed that night..." he started and cleared his throat. "Was the truth. You saw it with both your eyes. I am a vampire. My brother is one as well. My whole family is a full blooded vampire, and we run this town for several years now. And yes, we drink blood to stay alive. But we survive under the sun."

I stepped back a little bit and I hit my back on the wall. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked. Truthfully, I'm so scared right now. He's talking about vampires and everything! I've been living in a foreign country and he's expecting me to believe what he's saying?

He walked over to me, much closer. "I'm telling you this because you were a witness. You were not supposed to be in the plan. I didn't expect you to come back. You were obviously out of the picture. And the same as the human society, we, vampires also have rules."

"Rules that are not to be broken in any circumstances." Injun interrupted.

"So... what now? You're gonna kill the witness and or feed me to the others? That's it?" I asked. I was trembling with fear. But I dare not show it to them, because my gut was telling me these two guys know what exactly I'm thinking.

Mika smirked and Injun smiled. "Well, we are supposed to kill the witness in that instant, but as you can see, you are precious to Jihwan..."

"Wait... what? Why is Jihwan involved?! What did you do to him?" I panicked. Has my brother been a vampire all along?

"Don't worry, he isn't a vampire at all. He's one of the few people who knows of our existence here. His blood is important." Mika said.

"What do you mean his blood is important? Don't tell me, he's giving you blood supply!" I snapped. "My brother is not a blood bank!"

Injun laughed in that instant. I couldn't even see his eyes. Mika scoffed at first and then started laughing. "Hello! This is a serious matter! We're talking about my brother here!"

"Yah! Who ever said that we're talking about Jihwan? We're talking about you! We're coming up of what to do with you since you know that we're vampires. And yeah, Jihwan is an exemption. You should talk to him about it. But don't force him..." Mika said.

This time, I remained silent and let him finish talking. I slowly tried to come up with what to say, but it was just too much. My head started to hurt that what Mika was saying started to blur in my mind.

"...the only thing..."

"...for you to keep being a human..."

"...with me..."

I just heard a soft thump and my head was spinning. I was in agony. Total pain. My left eye was burning.

And then I saw something...

-------

To be continued.