Someone is Jealous, or maybe a couple

His Crimson Eyes


So, I finally updated! hohohoho... I was busy with my job search, actually... and I decided that I'll continue writing using my BB phone because it'll be much easier. This is quite a long chapter. not that long... hope you like it... and I know most of you are confused, but the confusion is in my writing style for this story.. :D I missed everyone~




his crimson eyes chapter 13 - Someone is Jealous, or maybe a couple

"Why don't you ask Niki? I know she has an explanation." Mika said as he rummaged my things neatly in my room. "Just don't tell her I asked. You know how she reacted when she saw us hugging in the hallway."

"Like I don't know that? You purposely pulled me in a hug to let her know about us. Now she knows, and she thinks I'm one of your 'girls', but I have a feeling she knows that I'm not normal." I pushed Mika on a chair and glared at him, making him stop looking at things.

Mika crossed his legs and he smirked, "Well... we still have to deal with the Hyunmin dude. He likes you. It's so obvious. He keeps clinging on you at school."

"I think someone is jealous." I . "But there hasn't been any weird things going on. Which is quite weird and it makes me uncomfortable. I don't like it."

Then I frowned. the next thing I knew, I was on the bed and Mika was beside me, his arm hugging my tummy. I put my hand on his arm. He snuggled on my neck.

"Hmmm... let's just hope that he won't be a trouble. I have Injun follow and learn about him."

"What is he, your slave? Why you treating him like one?" I told him.

He groaned at my statement. "He's my brother, and aren't younger brothers supposed to be following orders from the older brother? That's how I work."

I scoffed at his reply. Sensing his anger, I was in defense mode. I am a witch, but he overpowered me. He was on top of me now and he pinned me on the bed with the arms above my head. I tried to break free but it was useless.

He smirked and looked at me in the eyes with longing. I didn't understand why he felt that way. I see him almost every day and I spend my time with him and the others. Somehow, it seems that he wasn't even looking at me.

My heart was beating fast and I knew that Mika's longing wasn't for me. It was for that woman he loved before. The woman that shared the same face and name as I now. It hurts to think about it. It really does.

"Hey, why are you crying? I was just messing around..." Mika softened his gaze. I didn't realize the tears that sped down from my eyes.

"Suhooooon!" Jay came barging in my room yelling. "What'd you do to my sister now? Huh you made her cry! Don't you know that you're in a witch's property?" Jay asked him.

Mika grinned. "Hmmm. You know what I noticed, you've been so defensive when it comes to Haneul."

Jay blushed. "O-o-of course! She's my only sister!"

You look so cute, lil bro. I told him.

"Come here." I asked Jihwan to sit beside me on the bed. "Mika, this right here is one person I love. So, you better watch your back if you even try to make me cry."

"Wow, I'm scared." Mika replied in sarcasm.

Just then, I felt in Mika's aura that he needed to talk to Jihwan, and he didn't want me to hear or know.

"Sis, Nikki called earlier. She talked about this festival thing. I told her you were up here with Mika... then she hung up on me." Jay said.

"What? Now I am really dead." I said and slowly stood up and walked out. "Don't touch any of my stuff, you hear me?"

Then I slowly closed the door behind me.

One thing about being a witch is the power I possessed. I don't know how much I have or how to use them. But, I was learning on my own without telling anyone. It's difficult, but it was manageable.

I can control the electricity, and make noises. I walked to where our phone was and dialed Nikki's number. It took 6 rings before she picked up. And in those 6 rings, I did something amazing.

Before I closed the door earlier, I concentrated on everyone's aura and made their aura channel to mine. That way, I could hear everything and even see their mind, their thoughts. But only for a few seconds.

You found the book I asked you to find? It was Mika.

Not yet, but I have a lead on to where it's hidden. But, it's not a safe place for us to go. It's sacred. It was Jihwan.

Curse this, I bet it's in that girl's house. I need that book as soon as possible.

It was getting hard. It was difficult to channel two people's aura, and it's my first time. I ran to the phone by the time Nikki answered.

"Nik... Nikki... It's me Sky." I was huffing for air. "I need to talk to you. Is now the right time? I'm going to the temple. I'll see you there."

It wasn't that long of a walk to the temple. Well, I didn't really walk, I used my brother's bike and sped off to Niki's place. The gate to the temple was enormous. And I wondered if I'm even allowed to enter. I didn't really have thoughts about it.

Are witches bad people? Am I in the good side?

"Skyyyyy!" Niki called out from the other side of the gate. It was a bit foggy, so I didn't see her approach, but I know it was her.

"Hey." I said when she appeared from the fog, standing just behind the gate. She looked more beautiful. Her temple robes showed her curvy body.

You know those clothes women wear in temples in Japan? It kinda looked like that.

"Come in, dearie. Sorry, I'm not allowed to step out when I'm wearing this. Come in." Niki said, opening the gate for me and pointing to her clothes.

The green tea she gave me when we were in a room lightened my stomach. It also lightened my body. Although I didn't eat anything today. I felt so relaxed.

She went out again and I waited for her. While doing so, I scanned the room. It was filled with photos. One particular photo piqued my interest. I went over to it and looked closer.

It was a picture of us three: Niki, Hara, and I, when we were still small. Before everything happened.

"I miss the old days." Niki sighed when she entered the room. "We had so much fun that day, until you got injured."

Everything was hazy. I don't remember at all. I thought I was supposed to remember everything, but why can't I find this piece of memory from my childhood?

"Niki, I'm sorry. I don't remember anything before that day." I told her, the day meaning the disaster.

She smiled at me sincerely, understanding my situation. Maybe she does know what I am. She took the frame from the wall and held it in her hand.

"I remember this day. I couldn't forget it. We were actually running away from home." She chuckled and continued. "You were so eager to run away because you kept saying you didn't like your house. As the oldest, I took you and Hana to the mountains, just for fun. We found a river, and we tried fishing. I caught the fish. Hara said she brought a camera. We took this one."

"But, we didn't take the picture, since we were all in it. Who did?" I asked.

Niki looked at me. She hesitated for a while. "When she took out the camera, this guy came out of nowhere and offered his help. We thought he was camping nearby. Or so I thought he was."

That gave me a chill. I have this feeling that Niki knows more things than I know. It's now or never, I have to ask her.

"Niki, about Mika, how much do know about him?"

"I knew you're going to ask me that." She said.

She took me to another room, this time, it was filled with books.

"I'm sure you know what he really is now. And I know that he's not human. I'm not allowed to say taboo words in the temple. Anyway, I knew all along. When we moved here in the temple, there were old, black and white photos. Then, I saw him in several photos, taken in different years and era. His appearance never changed. That's when I read Haneul's diary."

"Mine?" I asked.

"Silly sky. How could you have been born years before this town was settled? No, a diary of Haneul. That's what was written on the cover of the diary. Let's see, where is it? Hmmm... Oh here! I can't believe its still here."

Is this the one Mika and my brother was looking for?

She handed it to me.

"And there was a portrait. That's when I realized that you were also something, Sky."

She unrolled the scroll. It was a painting of a very beautiful woman. A woman who bares the same face as I. It was the real Haneul.

Then, the feeling of jealousy and sadness came over me, when Niki pointed at the caption that was scribbled at the bottom of the painting:

"Reaching for the Sky. You are the only beauty in my eye. - Lee Suhoon"