No more confusions and lies, who is the enemy?

His Crimson Eyes

I am so sorry everyone! Kill me now! Or I'll just let Mika rip off my head...

I've ignored this... but, really, I've updated using my phone.

I was just having so much fun. Summer. It was amazing. I will start college in a week! Nervous!

And let's just say, there's a little romance in my summer, that's what kept me busy... but shhhh..

Onto the story!


Chapter 14

-third person POV-

Sky was unable to hold back the tears. She never knew why, and all that Niki could do was stare at her best friend and be in shock. She never really knew what to do, and she feels guilty that she had to show it to Sky.

"Sky, I'm so sorry. I never knew your feelings were this strong. I'm sorry." Niki apoligized, and she meant it. She took this chance to hug her best friend.

Sky sensing a unique aura coming from her, she pulled away and shook her head. "It's fine, I guess. If I hadn't asked you about Mika, I don't know how much longer I have to lie to you about him and I. But Niki, why didn't you tell me anything? How long have you known? Even i dint know a single thing. I recently found out from them when i accidentally saw Mika the life out of Hara!"

"I told you I've known since we moved here, when I found those things. I didn't tell you because I knew that it would freak you out and you wouldn't believe me. I waited for the time where you would actually find out about it yourself. Sorry." Niki apologized and Sky gave her a smile.

It was silent for a few seconds, then she remembered why she was there.

"Niki, have you read Haneul's diary?"

Niki nodded in reply but with no smile forming on her lips. "I did, but I couldn't understand a thing. It was so sad for me. I felt dejected."

She handed the diary to Sky and when she took it a huge breeze of wind came from nowhere, and upon the touch of the diary on her skin sent electricity throughout her body.

"Wow. What the heck was that?!" Sky said in surprise. "That was a shock. Does this thing even like me or not?"

"I wouldn't even know the answer, but I guess you got shocked because of Haneul's power. You know, I've heard that witches from ancient times do rituals and everything to protect their most important things from people and other things." Niki explained. "It happened to me when I first touched it. I thought I already purified it. I guess it reacted differently to you because you look like her."

"Well, I am her." Sky said softly that Niki wasn't able to hear it. "You know that the Lee's aren't human, right? So, do you know what they're after? I think Mika's looking for a book and I think it's this diary."

She opened it and skimmed through the pages. She grimaced at the thought that it would be filled with Mika, but surprisingly there was no mention of his name. Then she realized.

"This isn't a diary, this is a spellbook!"

"Are you sure? I couldn't understand anything when I tried reading it. You should probably take it, Sky. I'm sensing something dangerous after that thing." Niki explained.

"I should get going, they're worried why I'm taking my time here." Sky said.

She was grateful to her best friends. Niki had explained to her what really happened and she now knows what is Mika after. But as soon as she stepped outside the temple, she heard murmurs and loud cries. She cringed and almost lost her balance.

"Noona!" It was Jihwan. "Noona, you look pale, what's wrong?"

"Oh, Jay, it's you. What are you doing here?" She asked. "I'm fine. I drank too much tea and I got too hyper. Bad move. I'm fine though, really. Let's go."

Jihwan rode the bike. He was trying to access her sister's thoughts, but Sky made it show like she was thinking about TV shows. Jihwan never realized that she just blocked him from reading her thoughts. They walked back to their house. Mika was already gone.

Sky locked herself in her room and immediately opened the book. She was so sure the cries came from the book.

Maybe because it left the temple? Was it such a good idea to take this out from the temple? Sky's mind full of questions. Maybe there's some kind of protection spell here. Let's see...

The spellbook wasn't in alphabetical order. They were written randomly. She's been flicking every page for a few minutes and still couldn't find one. They were all about silly little things, probably pranks by her. After sighing a few times, she stumbled upon the word 'Curses'.

She had goosebumps. In her mind, she focused on the word Protection and just stared at the book. After a few seconds, a gust of wind from nowhere flipped the book and opened to a particular page.

"Protection..." Sky murmured. "Well, that was easy. Let's see... Protection from unnecessary beings, from humans, from beasts."

She stopped midway, when she read 'from vampires'. "I guess Haneul already knew vampires existed back then."

She couldn't find something that can protect the book. She gave up and slumped on her bed.

'Turn another page'

A voiced hummed. It came from the book. Sky just sat right up and stared at it. She followed what it told her. When she turned another page. There was a writing. No, it wasn't a spell. It was just a message. She read it.

"You are in my hands.
I am in your pages.
Stranded in infinity,
But you are still alive.

You are in my hands.
I am in your pages.
Put me in your heart and mind.
Tell me what you want,
And we'll be one."


After that, she expected something to appear. But nothing, no wind, nothing. But she noticed a big circle on the upper right corner. Is that a moon? Does that mean I have to say this under the full moon?

She checked the calendar and luckily! Tonight's a fullmoon! She was excited. She didn't know what the message was, but it left her feeling good. She just have to wait for tonight and sneak away from the eyes of her brother and Mika.

Later that night, when the sky was clear, and the moon was surprisingly bigger than what she had thought, she sneaked out bringing with her the spellbook.

Right after she entered the woods, she caught a weird aura. It wasn't close, but she could tell something or someone was out there. But she ignored this because she wanted to catch the full moon. Finally, she found a clearing.

Before she started, she held her breath and focused on the area, making sure no one is there. When she knew it was safe, she sat on the grass and opened the book to the page of the message.