8

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

After we played with water and splashed each other happily, I think.. I had emerged with nature. Okay, it was weird. But I meant, I never appreciated nature before but now that I had experienced the wilderness with my own eyes, I could appreciate nature more than before. It was thanks to him, the Monkey, I guess.

After we got tired with playing with water, Monkey brought me a variety of fruits, which I ate happily because I was definitely starving. While we were eating, I taught him the name of the fruit that were there. Surprisingly, he learned it so quickly although his accent was a bit weird, but I guess it was because he’s already familiar with the ABC that I taught him yesterday.

It didn’t look like anyone was searching for me too, it seemed I was already in the deep part of the forest…. But while I was here, rather than mourning into my unluckiness why I ended up here, I’d better spend time teaching Monkey the necessary human knowledge that he didn’t know.

Teaching him the names of objects were easy, but the action… like taking a bath, talking etc, I had a hard time explaining to him. And I didn’t know how to teach the use of ‘I, me, mine’ and others like that too… How did Mom and Dad teach me that when I was a kid? I had no idea at all.

After the teaching session with naming of objects, he dragged me to somewhere again with the vines’ transportation, again I clung to him. When he stopped, I found a family of Gorillas staring at me, nearly made me pissed my pants boxers. Because come on, not everyday I was being stared by Gorillas, and it seemed like a killing stare to me too (I don’t know the difference between killing and kind stare though, I’m not a Gorilla or Gorilla specialist).

“Hae!” Monkey grinned at me and pulled my hands to walk toward the Gorilla’s family.

I tried to yank my arm away from him, shaking my head furiously. No way I was going to get near them! “No!”

“Hae!” He frowned.

“No!” I pouted.

“Hae!” The ground suddenly disappeared under me and the next thing I saw was his . Damn him! He suddenly lifted me on his shoulder! That was a cheap move!

I tried to struggle free but his grip was damn strong so I finally accepted my fate since I couldn’t see anything except his (which was almost non-existent by the way), until he lifted me down and when I turned around I saw the Gorilla’s eyes, still staring at me creepily…

“Uh…” I stared at the Gorilla’s eyes, the big one in the middle. Probably it was the dad or the mom? “Hi?”

It stretched his hand to me. Did it want to have a handshake? I stretched my hand back hesitantly, but then he suddenly pulled my arm all together and embraced me in a bone-crushing hug. Huh? What’s going on?

“Ooh-ooh-aah-aah!” I heard Monkey’s voice, then the hairy arms around me replaced by human’s one, which of course belong to Monkey.

“Thank you…” I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself having escaped from Gorilla’s death grip.

The Gorilla stared at me, then making a smile? At least I think that’s a smile, because its face now looked kinder and Monkey was smiling besides me too, so that was a positive reaction? Did that mean… I was accepted into the Gorilla clique or gang or family?!

Monkey let me go (I was leaning to him the whole time after Gorilla released me) and walked to the big Gorilla and hugged him tightly. That was so… family-like. I had a warm feeling in my heart seeing that scenery, seeing that reminded him when dad was still alive and he would hug me tightly after he was done with his work at the end of that day. I miss dad… Mom and Donghwa hyung were still there, but sometimes.. I wished my Dad was still there because his hug was different from Mom’s or Donghwa hyung’s after all.

“Hae?” Monkey’s hands cupped my face. When was he here? And why he looked concerned? His left hand left my face and wiped something under my eyes. It was my tears. Stupid me, I was being emotional again when my father was mentioned. I was always like this. Stupid Donghae.

I pried Monkey’s hands away and wiped the remaining tears harshly and sent him a small smile, ensuring that I’m okay.

Monkey didn’t seem to believe me and pulled me towards the big Gorilla again. I followed him hesitantly, but suddenly the Gorilla hugged me again with Monkey all together. I was supposed to be weird out by the unfamiliar hairy arms but this was just… warm…

“Family.” I muttered while smiling widely.

“Family.” Monkey repeated besides me, still grinning, “Family.”

“Yes, family.”

-

-

-

-

After the hugging session with Dad Gorilla (I think he’s a male because there’s a slightly smaller Gorilla besides him and the Gorilla should be Mom Gorilla?), the Gorilla family gave me fruit (again) and leaves (I’m not herbivore…) to eat. Honestly I felt sick being served the same fruit, but then again it’s not like I could go hunting. I was afraid of blood and I didn’t want to eat raw meat from hares or fishes…

I forced myself to gulp down the fruit again. I didn’t want to be rude in front of Dad Gorilla and Mom Gorilla, and Gori 1 and Gori 2, their children. I had a hard time differentiating between the children but Gori 1 was slightly bigger than Gori 2.

Monkey chatted happily with Dad Gorilla animatedly and Ooh-ooh-aah-aah which I didn’t even understand what the heck did he talk about, but Dad Gorilla seemed to understand and sometimes laughed happily too? Monkey pointed at me from times to times, but I just kept silent (since Monkey language was just too foreign to me to learn about it…).

Finally when the sky had turned dark, Monkey stood up and motioned me to go with him. With the cursed vines again that I hadn’t adapted until now, we went to his house. First thing I noticed was that Gori wasn’t there. The house was empty now.

“Hae!” He patted the empty space besides his body which had laid down so quickly.

I frowned with confusion, “Huh?”

“Hae! Hae, Hae, Hae, Hae, Hae!” He whined seeing me still frozen at the door.

I finally walked to the empty space and initially just wanted to sit, but then he grabbed my wrist and making me fell besides him.

“Family.” Monkey muttered, smiling widely, “Hae family.”

I blinked, “Hae family?” Did he mean that I’m a part of his family?

“Hae. Family.” He then closed his eyes while still holding my waist.

“Hae. Family.” I repeated, the warmth feeling appeared on my heart, “Monkey, thank you.. for today.”

Being recognised as a family was really a wonderful thing to me. Even though I just barely knew Monkey and his Gorilla family, but they provided warm. I guess, I had to be thankful for being able to meet Monkey… I slowly drifted off to sleep.

--------

Lol a random chapter again xDD My mood isn't at happy mode when I'm writing the part Hae meets the Gorilla family so it gets a little bit sad even though my initial intention isn't like that I swear >.>
Still I'm quite satisfied with this story in the EunHae's interaction part xDD