9

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

|||||||

Using the branch that I was holding, I made another straight line, marking that it was my seventh day staying with Monkey and his family. I had to do this because it was hard to keep track of the time without any watch or clock, so I resorted to use this.

“Hae, food!” Monkey called me from behind.

I placed the branch besides the marks and stood up to walk to our dining table. Yesterday I found a place where many sturdy branches was laying on the ground, I didn’t know who left it like that but since it was quite strong enough, I made some sort of table with it. And also, teaching Monkey that that was a ‘Table’ and the function of a table was to put stuff on it.

“Hae, eat~” Monkey said, before gulping down the fruit in an enormous speed.

I giggled inwardly, proud of his awesome improvement thanks to me teaching him some verb words. He now understood ‘take a bath’, ‘eat’, ‘talk’, ‘drink’ and other simple stuff but I really couldn’t teach him any further since I was the only capable human who could talk human language, and some words just couldn’t be taught by myself.

After sitting cross-legged in front of him, I took a look at the dish, which as usual, contained of fruit. Apparently, Gorillas are vegetarian (Or at least based on my observation) so Monkey is a vegetarian too. I didn’t want to eat leaves since it seemed unhealthy so I had adapted myself to eat fruit. At least Monkey brought a variety of fruit so I wouldn’t get bored.

He finished eating before me and patting his stomach with expression full of happiness. I just laughed looking at him, since his stomach didn’t seem to have any change at all. He was still skinny but with proper abs developing at the right place.

But talking about abs and weight, I think I probably lost some weight seeing Monkey also taught me how to move from vines to vines (which I still failed miserably until now and Monkey had to save me several times from falling into the ground) and that was so hard. Also, my food was only fruit. How could I have not lost weight?

“Sleep?” Monkey asked suddenly.

I shook my head and pointed at myself, “Take a bath.” Which meant that I wanted to take a bath first before sleeping.

He first didn’t understand at all about what I was trying to say to him so he followed me until the lake (I could already find the lake by myself by the fourth day, although I had to walk and it was a looong way) and nearly saw my . He even stripped himself from his skirt made of leaves (Because my jeans had been torn when he accidentally walked besides thorns) and God, his was so big! How come?! His height was only like one up to three cm taller than me, but his !

Anyway, I was upset by his size so after we took a bath together in the lake, I tried to tell him that I wanted to take a bath alone. It was a hard work explaining it, but then he seemed to understand and that was a relief.

I was now also wearing the skirt made by leaves, courtesy of Monkey who apparently had a spare. My boxer… It’s kind of disgusting wearing it for days so I tried to wash it by the third day, but when I left it on a rock while I was swimming in the lake with Monkey… Dad Gorilla seemed interested to see the boxer so he took it. I was still swimming and the distance was quite far, so I finally let it go. Bye bye my boxer. It was Calvin Klein too… Present from Teukie hyung.

After walking for several minutes, I finally reached the lake. I stripped from the leaves skirt and walked down to the lake and rested at the edge while looking at the sky. This forest sure was beautiful because it was not polluted at all, and I could see the moon clearly. It was a rare sight in Seoul, so I was glad I had the chance to see it.

I swam around because I felt like it, and after that I stood outside the lake to dry myself a little bit before wearing that skirt again.

Just then, I heard a buzzing sound.

I looked around in confusion. Was that a bug buzzing near my ear? But then I looked upward and there. There was a helicopter coming from the right side.

Was that Leeteuk hyung and the others? OMG, this was the chance for me to go back!

I flailed my arms on the air, hoping whoever in the helicopter could see me. But I was left disappointed when they went pass me like I wasn’t visible. Either they didn’t search for me or I was too small to be seen.

I sighed disappointedly before wearing the skirt. Now then, what should I do? Should I make an SOS sign so they could see me? I saw that in films so probably it really worked…

Finally I reached Monkey’s house with still deep in thought.

“Hae! Sleep!” Monkey greeted me.

“Okay..” I nodded curtly and laid beside Monkey. As usual, he pulled my waist and began snoring softly. I didn’t even mind that our bare chests were touching since I already considered him as a fellow friend, and he’s lacking in knowledge as humans so I couldn’t blame him…

As I looked at Monkey’s face, it then hit me. If I left… Then I had to leave Monkey and the Gorilla family too…

--

Sorry for not updating so long ;A;
I bet you have forgotten this story omg ><
I'm still having the writer's block and busy too so updates will be slow as hell T^T 
I hope this chapter suffices though, I sorta like this chapter except the end of the chapter which is kind of weird (to me at least). Anyway, see you next update xDD