6

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

Monkey let out a laugh that sounded like a growl. But I could tell he’s laughing because he clapped while his mouth opened widely and a growl-like laughter came. Hell, he laughed above other person’s misery! Such a bad trait he had!

After putting down the source of my misery (the gorilla) to play or crawl or whatever by herself, I made an X in front of my mouth using my own index fingers, telling him to shut up. But either he didn’t understand or he was too drowning in his own laughter until he was curling on the floor, clutching his stomach.

“Shut up!” I shouted at him, but he’s still emitting that weird laughter. God.

I kneeled near him and covered his mouth, he immediately stopped his laughter and saw at me with confusion. At least he was silent now. Donghae, you’re a natural teacher and monkey trainer!

“Ssh.” I put my right index finger in the middle of his lips.

He just stared at me in confusion but nodded. Probably he knew that I was teaching him to be silent. I nodded proudly at him, and then feeling the liquid (the pee) that was still staining my body. God, this was gross. I needed a bath. ASAP. My stomach part was a bit clean up now from the mud thanks to the pee, but still, the smell was horrible!

After looking around, I realized that there was no water source here. Which meant I had to get back to the river (eliminated because it’s already night and if I met the bear again…), waiting for rain (I’m not a weather forecaster…) or asking Monkey how did he take a bath using body language (Which judging by the color of the skin, he didn’t take a bath a lot).

I scratched my hair while looking at him, now already sitting cross-legged and the Gorilla’s back. Aaaw, they are like a cute sibling! What, no, Donghae, concentrate.

“Monkey.” I called, and he lifted his head, probably because he was curious what will I teach again this time? My teacher’s charm was hard to resist after all. Hoho. “Umm… Take a bath?”

I then showed him how I washed myself, washing my arm and neck (I avoided my stomach’s part because it was full of pee…) and then smiled at him. How was that? The instruction from Mr. Lee?

And he just frowned at me. Clearly did not understand. This was ery.

“Repeat!” I repeated the motion again, this time also with the additional of washing my stomach part (the pee had dried by now, leaving a bad smell around my stomach). “Take a bath?”

He looked confused yet again, but then it seemed realization dawned on him. He stood up suddenly and leaving me with Gorilla. I wanted to follow him, but when I walked outside, he was already gone.

Finally, I decided to pass time with Gori. It’s her name. Gori. If it was lame, then because I had no idea what to name a gorilla except Gori, abbreviation of gorilla.

“Gori! Hey!” I clapped my hand to get her attention, “Aaw, you’re really a baby! Crawl to mama! Wait no, I mean, crawl to your Oppa! Goriiii!”

She just stared at me incredulously. At least it looked like that, because she didn’t move at all from the place where Monkey left her.

“You rude kid!” I scolded her, “Gori, Oppa is here! You like Oppa, right? You even peed on Oppa, you rude kid, Gori!”

She was still staying there. She’s mocking me! Clearly!

“Gori, Gori, Gori… Okay, fine!” I said exasperatedly, giving up, “Since you’re still kid, I forgive you! Monkey needs to teach her proper manner, geez…”

I walked to her and her hair (Okay she was nearly bald but.. whatever), feeling the scalp too. A gorilla’s hair felt like this, huh?

“I don’t know how to teach a gorilla, but your Oppa is a human, right?” I talked to Gori. I knew she wouldn’t understand. But wasn’t in the Korean Drama usually people talked to themselves? Sadly, I was the victim of that too now, I guess. At least I was talking to someone (Gori) although she wouldn’t understand.

“I’ll teach your Oppa how to talk with me, Gori.” I continued, “Then we’ll talk like a best buddy! I think your Oppa is nice, he’s just a bit stupid, you know?”

I giggled and smiled, not noticing Monkey had come back. When I felt a shadow behind me, I just realized he was there. I spun around, but it was late, since he was holding a bucket made from leaves (the structure looked like it could break any time so it wasn’t wood) and suddenly thrown the content to me.

“Argh!” I shouted, feeling the icy cold sensation on my body. What. “Monkey, what!?”

He repeated the washing-like move to me. Oh! So he actually understood! But ugh, he should have put the bucket down and then I could wash by myself! I should teach him that too!

“Okay, thank you.” I said to him while smiling, showing my appreciation. He looked at me with wide-eyes. “Uhh.. what?”

Then suddenly, he put his thumbs on the corner of my mouth, stretching it as wide as possible, and making me winced at the sudden pain.

I hit his hands away in reflex, “What, now?” I said to him angrily. , this was hurt!

He pouted, and then he smiled widely, his own hands making a half-crescent moon shape just below his lips.

Oh! Is he..? “Do you just want me to smile?” 

------

Chapters as weird as me la la la
But many of you subscribe this thank you! I will give you rainbows as my gratitude <3 
I seriously considering to delete this because this is crappy though...