5

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

After the rain stopped and both of us were drenched, Monkey pulled me again somewhere. I just let him be since the forest was so huge and Monkey was the best person I had right now. Then he started to grab some random vines and I had to hug his waist tightly to protect my dear life. I shut my eyes tight too so I didn’t know where the heck he brought me too, but when I thought the motion had stopped, I opened my eyes and was greeted by a leaves house.

The leaves house was yeah, a house.. made from leaves? The leaves seemed to be a special type because it was not from the type that got torn and bent easily. I wasn’t good at biology so I didn’t know what this type if leaves called but it’s amazing if he made it by himself because the leaves’ petioles and tips are tied in a way that it shaped a fortune-teller like place, except this was made from leaves.

The entrance had no door and it was really small, it probably only a size of a normal bedroom. But since he lived by himself (I think) and he seemed to be clueless of human’s stuff, I still thought it was pretty decent. Instead of bedroom though, I only found leaves (again) scattered messily on the right corner and… some bananas too.

I looked at the left corner and this time I saw bananas and other fruit too. Did he survive by just eating fruit? No wonder he was so skinny!

And.. Where’s Monkey? I turned around and-

“Wha- OMG !” OH MY GOD I SAW A BLACK GHOST IN FRONT OF ME! It was small but terrifying! Its entire face was black and then he was floating too!

Eh? No, there was cream-colored thing holding the side of its stomach? I lifted my head and found Monkey again, grinning at me. Oh! It’s his fingers that holding the black thing to me so it looks like it is floating in the air. Stupid me.

“Hae!” He shoved the ghost(?) at me, me in reflex holding the ghost and observed him closely too. And thank God it was not ghost! It was a baby gorilla!

It stared at me with its large eyes innocently and then… Oooh, how cute!! I could burst rainbow with this! I’m a big fan of children and I have a dream to have 10 children or open a kindergarten or something like that, and a gorilla.. A baby gorilla meant a child too! And wasn’t science says that humans are developed from monkey’s evolution? From a monkey then etc etc then homo sapiens then human? Was that right?

Who cares if that’s right anyway, what I saw in front of me is a cute child! Aaaw, she (or he? I didn’t know, but because it’s cute, let’s just call it her) was so fit in my embrace, like a real child! I couldn’t help but to swing her, pamper her like a real baby.

“Hae?” Monkey seemed to be interested on what I’m doing.

I chuckled, “You know a gorilla? You must be, you look like a monkey, after all.” But then remember he doesn’t even have the slightest sense on what I’m talking about. Silly me, duh!

“Gorilla.” I said to him while pointing to the gorilla, “Gorilla.”

“Gorilla?” Oh, he suddenly managed to pronounce it perfectly! My hard work paid off! He suddenly pointed himself too and muttered, “Gorilla?”

I shake my head and point my finger at myself, “Human.” At him, “Human.” Then at the gorilla, “Gorilla.”

He repeated after me, “Fuman, Fuman, Gorilla.”

“Human. Human.” I repeated for him to follow.

“Hu.. Human?”

I nodded my head enthusiastically, “Human!” Starting to point at myself again, I started to repeat the new vocabulary to him, “Human. Human. Gorilla.”

After he repeated that for some minutes, I thought he was already able to grasp the new vocabulary that I thought! Oh My God, Donghae, you are truly a teacher material for a child. Look, you manage to teach a grown-up man that has no knowledge of ABC and human words! Hohohohoho.

“Umph!” I suddenly got shoved by a yellow colored thing in front of me, “What is that?!”

Monkey’s gummy smile appeared in front of me, and it’s his hand that shoved the yellow thing… Oh, it’s a banana. It’s a bit hard to identify, I only had moonlight here.

Did he want to know what is that called? “Banana.” I told him.

“Banana?” I nodded, “Banana. Banana..” He then threw the banana back to the corner and grabbed another fruit. This time, it was an apple.

I smiled happily. I managed to perk up his interest to learn new vocabulary with me! Lee Donghae, you’re truly successful as a teacher.

“Apple.” He pronounced it a bit wrong at the first times, but with some corrections, he finally got it right. After apple, there were a watermelon (this was long so it’s hard for him), grape and an orange.

“Orange. Orench” I tried to make it easier for him to say it, although I could tell he’s getting the hang out of the fruit’s name.

“Oreee… nch?”

“Orange.” I said it in a quicker pace, while his with hesitation.

“Orange?”

I nodded. He’s really a fast learner. Even my stomach was warm with his fast learning and my capability as a teacher. Hohoho. Wait, my stomach?

I widened my eyes when I looked below and saw her (I was still holding the gorilla, remember?) staring innocently at me while a liquid flowed from her below part.. Eew, she peed on me!

----------------

Note: By any means, I'm not a biology person (oh my biology is bad lol) nor that I know much in monkey/gorilla's behavior. So I remind you, if you have found some absurd things that a gorilla cannot do (like she peed on Hae...) or something (like how the hell Hyuk learned so quickly.), this is just a fiction. Besides, Tarzan didn't make any sense either but it's still popular and widely known

A/N: And I enjoyed writing Donghae's getting dumber and feeling proud of himself. Just saying lol