Prologue

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

I delete the previous chapter 1 guys, since I think it's a bit crappy, so I change the POV and stuff, and those who read chapter 1, tell me if you prefer this one or the previous one with 1st point of view >_<
Thanks!

---------------

 

2006

If Donghae knew he would become lose in a forest, he wouldn’t have agreed with Heechul’s plan. At the beginning it was fun. Heechul, one of the hyungs he was close with, several days after Leeteuk was discharged from the military, brought the topic of ‘camping’ up. He said he wanted to try to experience the wilderness of the nature or something, and knowing Heechul’s unique personality and how he would try to persuade them if they refused, he and his friends all agreed.

So finally after Heechul arranged the trip, he himself, Leeteuk, Kangin, Sungmin, Donghae and Kyuhyun went to a forest near a village. They were friends, Donghae was in the same class as Sungmin, then he met Kyuhyun who was just one year below him and Heechul apparently had taken a liking to Donghae when he first saw him and Leeteuk was Donghae’s neighbor. While Kangin was Leeteuk’s boyfriend but he was quickly able to befriend the others as well.

“We arrived, we arrived!!” Heechul exclaimed excitedly, “Hurry up, you lazy asses!”

Donghae blinked sleepily, the trip from the town where they lived to the village was fairly long, he had somehow drifted off to sleep.

Once he opened his eyes, he was greeted by the forests everywhere with a fresh scent of nature. Donghae quite liked the smell of nature, and it was different from the bustling town of Seoul, where nature had been something that had placed less importance, replaced by the buildings.

“Donghae, here’s yours!” Heechul handed him his camping equipment.

“Thanks, hyung.” Donghae carried it and followed Heechul’s lead after they all have carried their own stuff.

After walking for about half an hour (Donghae didn’t know, he had lost the track of time and stupidly enough he didn’t bring his watch), they finally arrived at a spot near the river. He, being an avid lover of the sea, liked it almost instantly.

“Hyung, it’s a river!” He pointed at the river.

“You can play later, Donghae-ya.” Leeteuk said, “Now you need to help us to build the tent, or whatever you can help us with.”

Donghae pouted, but decided to help them at the end. Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Heechul wanted to build the tent, Kangin stayed with Leeteuk to make sure everything would be going fine (in case Heechul was suddenly in his diva mode) so Donghae finally offered himself to search for the branches for the fire.

It was going fine, searching for the branches was fairly easy, it was laying everywhere, but then Donghae swore he heard some rustling sounds coming from behind him. He was scared, maybe it was a bear, maybe it was snakes, he didn’t want to find out what behind the sound so he was doing one thing he could think of at that time; he just ran away.

When he stopped a while later, he just realized that he was now in the middle of the forest. What more, the sky was getting so dark so he couldn’t even pinpoint his exact location.

Donghae walked and walked, shouting his friends’ names several times, but he had only received silent as a response. Finally feeling tired, he leaned on a tree and took a rest there.

It was then he heard the rustling noises again. But he was tired, and as his tiredness took its toll on him, he just closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

So it was surprising when he opened his eyes in the morning, and next to him there were fruit, served over a big leaf. He just wondered, was the God helping him?