11

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

2012

“Boss, please take a look at this. This is a proposal from Choi Entertainment about their new project. They would like to borrow a large amount of dolls in their new Music Video.”

“Place it on my desk.” I massaged my temples while looking at the pile of papers waiting me to check on them.

I picked the top papers on the pile, which was about the new MV from Choi Entertainment. After flipping open several pages, I had the idea of how it would like. It seemed they would debut a new boyband with a cute concept, which was why they would like to borrow my product. Animal dolls, it was said on the proposal.

I sighed and gave a check sign on the proposal. This had a good pay so why not accept it.

Next one, Lee Corporation. They wanted to buy bulk for pillows with specific designs. Check.

Kim Construction. Check.

Jung Studio, check. Kwon Company, check. Yoon-

“Donghae hyung, how’s it going?”

I lifted my head from the proposal and saw Kyuhyun heading toward me liked he own the world.

“Fine.” I shrugged, “Just this.” I pointed at the pile which didn’t seem to decrease. Well, I just checked on the 6th proposal and this pile had to have at least 50s.

“It means you’re succeeded, aren’t you?” He sat in front of me, “Who knows that producing dolls can be this successful.”

“It’s not just dolls.” I argued while pouting, “I also made pillows and all those fluffy things! I’m thinking of expanding into making couches but it’s still being discussed. How’s your game company?”

“Still the same. Many bulk requests of buying the computers, and our games are still selling out fast.” He picked on a pen and twirled it around, “Oh, by the way, I come here because Teukie hyung’s been nagging for us to get a reunion. Heechul hyung just came back from China, you know.”

“Heechul hyung come back?!” I widened my eyes in surprise, “Why he didn’t call me?”

Kyuhyun snorted, “He tried, but you didn’t pick up. As usual. So I, being your best friend, have to come and knock you so you know that there is life outside, no?”

“It’s just because your company just in the opposite road, right?” I pouted, “You can just ring the receptionist and she will send you a message.”

“You will forget it in the next second.” He just rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Besides, today’s the reunion so I come here to drag you out too. It’s in about… two hours?”

“WHAT?!” I exclaimed loudly while he just covered his ears, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I could have gone home and take a shower first!”

“Too bad.” He shrugged and stood up, “You’re coming with me, hyung.”

I glared at him but he already walked outside and waiting at the door. Sighing, I finally took some papers and put it on my bag so I could work at home, and then I followed Kyu to the parking lot.

“Is everyone coming?” I fastened my seat belt while he started the car.

“Yeah. They all said they will come, although I don’t know if there will be a change or not.”

“Oh.” I nodded and smiled slightly. I kind of missed everyone since I was too immersed in work since two years ago.

“Hey, hyung.” He suddenly called.

“Hmm?”

“Can I ask something?”

“Sure, why not?”

“Can we go back to the old times? I know your dad’s sudden death makes you sad and feel responsible, but we miss you too. You’ve been really distant since.. well, he passed away.”

I looked at the scenery outside over the windshield. “The company is still unstable, Kyu. The financial has been going down since dad passed away. It improves now, but I still can’t leave them. It’s dad’s company. No matter what it takes, I have to make it successful.”

Kyuhyun sighed, “But you’re working too hard since two years ago… You haven’t been hanging out with us, hyung. We miss you.”

“I miss you too, but..” I looked at him from the side guiltily, “Dad is very important to me…”

“I know. Just… Just try to spend time with us, if you can.” The car stopped at the traffic light and he turned to look at me, “Can you try?”

“I’ll see.” He sighed again.

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence. I was feeling too guilty to try to have a nice chat with Kyu, although I hadn’t seen him in several weeks. Kyuhyun seemed immersed in his thoughts too, so I didn’t bother to talk to him.

He pulled over in front of a hotel and asked the valet parking service. After handing the key, we went in and he walked to the five star restaurants that I had been going several times, only that it was with business clients.

“Minnie!” Kyu called someone and I saw someone flailing his arm on the air at the corner of the restaurant.

“Hae! You’re coming!” A pair of arms engulfed me into a tight hug.

I hugged back, “Heechul hyung!”

“Oh, you bastard, I miss you so ing much, my little baby Hae!” I smiled while Heechul hyung still screaming profanities while hugging me tightly. “How’s my baby doing? Kyu said you have been busy so you probably didn’t have any time to meet me. But I refused to accept that fact so I forced Kyu to think of a way to bring you out!”

I smiled. He hasn’t changed at all even after he had gone to China last year with his boyfriend. He was still cooing me while pulling my hand to meet my other friends. In the next minutes, Teukie hyung sobbed hysterically while pulled me into a tight hug, Kangin hyung just gave me a pat on the back and smiled widely and Sungmin hyung looked happy and sent me a wide smile while trying to coax Teukie hyung to stop crying.

“Let’s just eat first.” Teukie hyung said after his tears had subsided, “Sorry I got too emotional. I just miss you, Hae.”

“I miss you too, Teukie hyung.” I replied back, “I’m sorry…”

“We understand.” Heechul hyung said calmly, “We understand, so don’t ever blame yourself. At least we meet now, isn’t it? Now shush, I need to look at the menu.”

I looked at the menu and was going to ask can I order my favorite here when my phone rang. After telling everyone that I had a call, I stood up and pick the call. It was from my secretary, Yoona, that she couldn’t go to work tomorrow because her mother had been sick. I told her okay and she thanked me before hanging up.

“Who’s that?” Sungmin hyung asked me when I sat back, “Your girlfriend?”

“No, it’s my secretary. Her mom’s sick.” I explained briefly while put the phone back to my pocket.

“Thought it’s your girlfriend.” Sungmin hyung shrugged, “By the way, since when did you like monkey? I thought you like fish, why not putting a Nemo strap on your phone?”

I smiled nostalgically and answered him, “I kind of like monkey now, hyung. Aren’t they cute?”

“For me, bunny is cuter though.” He grinned, “Look!” He fished out his phone and showed me a pink bunny strap, “This is a couple strap with Kyu!”

“I don’t know your taste is cutesy, Kyu.” Kangin hyung muttered.

“I’m not!” Kyu denied, “Minnie liked that so I just follow him. If it’s up to me, then I buy a miniature PSP or a character from StarCraft!”

“So you don’t like it?” Sungmin hyung said in a dangerous tone.

Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin hyung and smiled nervously, “I LIKE IT! WHO SAID I DIDN’T LIKE IT! RIGHT, HYUNG?”

He turned to me for answer and I finally nodded while giggling, “Yeah, you like it.”

Still, Sungmin hyung hit him on the head after I finished my sentence though.

--------

A/N: I edited chapter 1 with [2006] at the first line, which means there is a time skip of 6 years xD
This chapter is boring, I know, but this is to show what Hae's been doing for the past 6 years :3 So no EunHae moment... yet. It can be soon though lol
See you next chap xD