3

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

I ended up making weird gesture, consisting of pointing the fruit then myself then adding an eating gesture. But he just tilted his head with a frown. Nooooo! This , I don’t even know how to communicate with him, even though I was sure he was a person, not uh.. what was it called again? Homo sapiens? I forgot, I was bad at history anyway.

Or should I check it? By er- ripping his my pants? I eyed my pants that he wore comfortably, if I ripped it in one go…. I shook my head. No No No, what the hell was I thinking? Why I sounded like a ert wanted to somebody?

I eyed the man’s face again, the man was pouting this time. Eh, why? I opened my mouth to ask what was he thinking, but then something hard was shoved into my mouth. Ugh, what was this? I choked and spit it out immediately on the ground and looked at it. God that was an apple! I almost died because of an apple. This was so stupid! But moreover, why was he shoving me that?

“What are you doing?!”

He just smiled and picked up the apple with my saliva still on it. Eew, why did he pick it up? It’s gross! But he didn’t seem to mind though, since he was just wiping my saliva on my pants that he wears like it was just water and handed me again the apple again.

“Uuh…” I pointed at the apple then myself, hoping he’d understand that I asked if that apple was for me or not.

He nodded as a response, so I just smiled awkwardly at him before taking a bite of the apple. When I munching the apple, he then smiled widely and jumped around me just like a monkey. Kind of freaked me out actually, I thought he wanted to attack me or something.

While standing like a stupid person, I finally finished the apple while the human-like monkey kept dancing happily around me.

“So.. er, what’s your name?”  I asked him and he’s just tilted his head cute- I mean stupidly and puffed his cheeks. “I’m Donghae.”

“Ooh ooh?” Oh! He finally talked something! But I didn’t understand what he said… Was that a monkey language?

“Donghae.” I said again to him then pointed to myself, “Donghae.”

He then suddenly pointed his finger to me, “Ohhae?”

“No, Donghae!” But he could only say my name as ‘Ohhae’. Seriously, was Donghae that hard to be pronounced? I mean, it was like only D-O-N-G-H-A-E! DONGHAE. Wasn’t that easy?

“Fine. Call me Hae.” I sighed in desperation. It was a nickname for my close friends actually, but I was thinking that Hae was better than Ohhae. That didn’t even resemble anything! And Hae was easier to pronounce in his language I guess, since he got wrong in the ‘Dong’ part.

“Hae?” He tried.

I nodded proudly. It did sound better than Ohhae. “Hae.” I pointed at myself. “And so what should I call you?”

“Ooh ooh aah aah?” He mumbled something again.

“What?”

“Ooh ooh aah aah!”

“I don’t understand…” I held my chin, “I’ll just call you monkey for the time being! Okay, monkey?” I smiled at him and he just nodded furiously while smiling widely.

“So er… Can you give me that?” I directed y fingers at my pants that he wore, “I’m cold.”

He just blinked and looked at my pants too.

Noooo! How can I make this works? Monkey is so hard to understand, I didn’t even learn that language in class before! What I learned from monkey was that they like to you know, scratch themselves? And shouting ooh ooh aah aah only they knew what the hell did that mean.

I glanced at Monkey again. He’s just standing there looking at me. It’s kind of freaky but I’m guessing he was intrigued by humans maybe? Well, I was interested to him too… Should I teach him human language or I learn monkey language to communicate to him?

“Hae..” I looked at Monkey again and quirked an eyebrow. Did he call me? “Hae hae hae hae… ooh ooh aah aah…” He smiled his gummy smile.

Huh? Seriously I’m curious what the hell did he talk about? I want to know what ooh ooh aah aah meant!

“Monkey.” I called him and to my surprise he answered me, “Ooh ooh aah aah?” I then stupidly drew a question mark in the air, hoping he caught the meaning that I asked what ooh ooh aah aah meant.

“Ooh ooh aah aah?” He imitated me instead. Damn it, this was not going to work!

“Fine. I’m going to teach you my language!” I said determinedly, “Let’s start from ABC first!”

--------------------

I seriously dunno what am I writing /_\
Is this good? No? Then I'm going to delete this since I don't know what I'm writing to be honest >_<
Describing Hyuk with no understanding of human language is totally hard T_T gosh wtf
I dunno how will this story go, but umm.. if I don't like it may as well delete it >_<