7

Donghae Meets The Monkey

 

I smiled to him and he smiled back. My guess was right, he just wanted me to smile. We continued smiling to each other like idiots, although I didn’t know why I couldn’t stop smiling seeing him. Probably it was because he’s stupid. Or because his smile was cute and it’s hard to ignore that smile.

A scratch on my leg startled me. Oh, it’s Gori, she’s scratching my leg. I finally averted my eyes from Monkey’s face and lifted Gori again on my embrace.

“Monkey.” I nudged him and repeated the washing motion again, “Take a bath.”

He repeated after me with hesitation. But his pronunciation was turning better and better and I was happy. What he needed was now the confidence of speaking up because his voice was too small.

“Good!” I smiled widely after him, complimenting him, “I want to take a bath.” I pointed at the abandoned bucket on the floor and again made the washing motion. This time, it seemed he understood because he picked up the bucket and walked away again.

I was left with Gori again so I absentmindedly patted her head. I didn’t bring a watch so I didn’t know the time. Had it passed 12 am, meaning a new day? As much as I liked spending time with Monkey and Gori, but I missed Heechul hyung and the others too. I probably needed to search for them tomorrow morning…

God, but I was sleepy today. This adventure made me exhausted. I lay on the floor while letting Gori played by herself. Probably I just took a quick nap before Monkey came back. I’m so tired..

-

-

-

-

Ugh, why was it so bright? I opened my eyes slowly and felt my body numb from lying on the cold ground. Wait… Why was I lying on the cold ground?

Oh yes, I was here with Monkey! I had to be overslept yesterday since I was so tired. Where’s him though? And why there seemed to be some heavy objects lying on my foot? I glanced downwards and widened my eyes when I saw Gori lying on my foot. Why the hell did she end up there?!

I carefully sat up and tried to move Gori to my hands because I didn’t want her to lie on the cold ground. Speaking of Gori, where was Monkey? He was supposed to take care of Gori instead of making her lying in the cold like this!

I glanced to the corner and gaped. Oh My God, he was sleeping on the leaves peacefully and opening his mouth widely, clearly in deep slumber. Damn him, not only he left a guest (me) sleeping on this cold ground, and also poor Gori!

With Gori in my hands, I walked to Monkey’s laying figure and kicked him slightly on his side. He just grumbled and moved slightly, but no sign of waking up. I kicked him again, harder this time, and he slapped my foot before mumbling something. Why wasn’t he waking up? God damn it, I better used my last resort!

I put Gori on the unoccupied leaves and hovered over Monkey, then began tickling his waist. I was told by my friends that my hands seemed to have some ticklish power or something since whenever I tried tickling somebody they ended up begging me to stop with tears on their eyes due to much laughing. I really had much talent, am I?

As expected, Monkey began to thrashing and nearly slapped me, then suddenly he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his bare chest. My head bumped into his chest and it felt like I hit an iron wall, but then he wrapped his arm around my head and his leg circled my waist. Oh My God, this was so awkward! I struggled to break free but he decided to hug me tighter.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!! My face was in front of his too! God, what did I do in my previous life to earn this!?

Oh! Why didn’t I just call him? Maybe he could be woken up with sounds?

“Monkey~ Yahoo, monkey? MONKEY!” I called him, “MONKEY, PLEASE! JUST WAKE UP! WAKE UP OH MY GOD!”

Finally after several minutes, he showed a sign of waking up. His grip loosened, and I used that chance to break free and scrambled backwards until my back hit the wall. His eyelids fluttered opened and he rubbed his eyes before looking at his surroundings. He noticed me and a smile immediately formed on his face. Wow, he was so cheery even in the morning… Well, probably because he had a NICE SLEEP ON THE LEAVES while I was there.. lying on the cold ground sleeping.

He stretched his hands before standing up and walked to me. I just gave him a questioning look but he motioned for me to follow him outside. I rolled my eyes when we were outside and he grabbed a vine casually. It means I had to hold him again because I certainly didn’t have the skills to move like Tarzan or him, in this case.

I placed my arms around his waist, before leaning in the crook of his neck, which wasn’t hard since our height didn’t have that much difference (And I was happy since I was considered short) and closed my eyes. He let out an “ooh-ooh-aah-aah” before I felt the ground beneath disappeared and the air swiped through me.

I didn’t know how long we flied (Or swinging?), but at some point I felt like we were falling? I had done bungee jumping before and I was totally extremely terrified when I was falling to the river. And this, this was the same feeling! But- But I wasn’t ready to die!

“OOH-OOH-AAH-AAH!” Monkey screamed excitedly. I’d chase you later when we died, Monkey! Was this how my life ended? With a person that resembled a monkey? God, thank you for making me exist in this world. Dad, Mom forgive me for being disobedient. Donghwa hyung, forgive me for pulling a prank on you. Teukie hyung-

“HAE!!”

Teukie hyung, forgive me-

“HAE! HAE HAE HAE HAE HAE HAE HAE HAE HAE!”

“Shut up!” I opened my eyes in annoyance. “I’m going to pray in my final moment, o-“

SPLASH!

“…kay.”

And Monkey’s first destination in the morning was now clear to me: The lake.

---

LOL sorry if this chapter doesn't make sense (It doesn't make sense to me honestly) xDD But there should be more EunHae moments in the next chap though >.> And I'll try to make each chapter longer too xDD