Lay/Chen

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                “Wo de jia you si kou ren: baba, mama, gege, he wo,” Jongdae recited, reading characters out of the Chinese book Yixing was helping him with. “Gege, how was that?” He looked up at Yixing with an eager smile. “Is my zhongwen getting better?”

                Yixing smiled at him. Jongdae was absolutely adorable.

                “It’s getting much better,” he replied.

                “Gege,” Jongdae smiled, drawing out his words, “next time, I’ll help you with hanwen, okay?” He snuggled into Yixing’s side and smiled.

                “Yeah,” Yixing replied, savoring the feeling of Jongdae’s body heat seeping into his side. He reached his arm over to hold Jongdae close to him. “Alright, didi,” Yixing said, imitating Jongdae’s cutesy style, and Jongdae giggled into Yixing’s side, “finish up that paragraph.”

                “Wo meiyou chongwu. Wo hen ai wo de jia,” Jongdae finished. “Ai. That means love, right?”

                “Right,” Yixing replied. “See? Look at you, you’re doing a great job.”

                “Gege, can I tell you something?” Jongdae asked, looking up, and Yixing gulped, because Jongdae’s expression had changed from a cute smile to a serious gaze.

                “G-go ahead,” he said. Jongdae opened his mouth when Zitao walked in.

                “Yixing,” Zitao said, looking at the two of them with a slightly judging expression, “Yifan wants to see you.” Yixing stood up, and Jongdae backed away slightly, pink dusting his cheeks. Yixing followed Zitao into the next room, and the air between them was awkward.

                “How come I haven’t noticed how cute Jongdae was before?” Yixing asked, and Zitao turned around with an amused expression.

                “Probably because he wasn’t that cute before,” Zitao laughed. “He only started acting like that about four weeks ago.”

                “Huh?” Yixing asked, but Zitao just walked to the dorm’s kitchen and helped himself to some leftover fried rice as Yifan looked up from the computer.

                “Oh, Yixing,” Yifan said. “You’re going to get a haircut today. Jongdae’s going with you, since his bangs are getting kind of long.”

                “What happened four weeks ago?” he asked, and Yifan looked confused. “Zitao said something happened to make Jongdae act cute. What happened?”

                “Oh,” Yifan continued. “That. You mean when you told us that you were…uh, interested in guys? Cute guys?”

                Yixing gasped. Maybe his memory really was as bad as they said it was.

                “So…so…” he said, and Yifan nodded.

                “You’re finally piecing things together after a month of being clueless?” Yifan chuckled, but Yixing wasn’t laughing.

                “He was making fun of me all this time?” Yixing asked, horrified, and Yifan’s smile faltered.

                “No, Yixing—”

                “Gege,” Jongdae sang as he ambled into the room.

                “Stop,” Yixing said to him, and Jongdae’s smile disappeared. “Stop being all cute. I don’t want to be made fun of anymore.”

                “But gege,” Jongdae stuttered, “I’m not making fun of you.”

                “Yeah? Why else are you acting all cute then, when you know I’m interested in cute guys?” Yixing demanded, and for a moment, everything was silent.

                Yifan let out a loud, annoyed sigh, and Zitao giggled a little. Suddenly, things did piece together in Yixing’s mind.

                “Oh. Oh,” he said, and his eyes brightened. “You mean…”

                “And now he realizes it,” Zitao laughed. Jongdae was bright red, but Yixing just smiled brightly.

                “You like me?” Yixing asked, and Jongdae looked down.

                “No, you idiot,” he muttered, his face a brilliant crimson. Yixing walked quickly and pulled Jongdae close.

                “I like you too,” he said. “But you didn’t need to act like a five year old to get my attention. This is the cuteness I was talking about.”

                “Yixing,” Jongdae said, giving Yixing a shy smile as Yifan guided a giggling Zitao out of the room.

                “And I like when you say my name better than gege,” Yixing chuckled. He pressed a quick kiss to Jongdae’s cheek. “I like you.”

                “I like you too,” Jongdae replied, pulling himself further into Yixing’s embrace. “A lot.”

The Chinese, in case you're wondering, means "my family has four people: dad, mom, older brother, and me." Zhongwen = Chinese, Hanwen = Korean, then there's "I don't have a pet. I love my family." Gege = older brother, didi = little brother hehehe. They're the cutest.