Tao/Luhan

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                Tao didn’t like Luhan. Their personalities were totally opposite. They both had their loud moments and their quiet moments, and they always seemed to conflict. Tao didn’t annoy people on purpose; Luhan did.

                And Luhan seemed to find the most joy in annoying Tao. And the thing is, it didn’t start until a few months after debut. Before, Luhan only annoyed Sehun and Xiumin, and sometimes Lay.

                It started with hugs when Tao wasn’t in a hugging mood. Especially on stage, Tao would push Luhan away if Luhan tried to hug him.

                It continued when Luhan would take Tao’s stuffed animals or snacks and hide them somewhere in the dorm until Tao got so furious that he’d threaten to hit Luhan. Luhan would reveal the location of the stolen item with a laugh, attempt to hug Tao, and scamper away as usual.

                Any time he could get the best of Luhan, Tao was happy. But that didn’t happen often.

                So he was beyond confused when they happened to be alone together one day and Luhan didn’t do anything to annoy him. In fact, it was practically like they’d been months before; Luhan quieter and more tolerable, Tao on edge.

                “What’s wrong?” Tao asked cautiously. “Why are you acting like this?”

                “Acting like what?” Luhan asked.

                “Like…not crazy and annoying,” Tao continued. “It’s weird.” They walked up to the SM building and headed inside, practically unaware of the mob of fans on their backs. They continued to the elevator and rode to the practice room.

                “I’m only like that around the others,” Luhan smiled. “It’s easier to settle down around you. You’re not the same person around the others either, you know.”

                “I…” Tao couldn’t think of how to reply, because he knew it was true. “I guess it’s hard to keep up appearances with them.”

                “Then you know why I’m acting like this,” Luhan replied simply. “Do you want some juice or something before we practice?”

                “Are Xiumin-hyung and Lay-hyung coming?” Tao asked, and Luhan shook his head.

                “It’s just us today.”

                And it seemed like it was just them for many days after. Tao didn’t like Luhan.

               That ended with their trip to California. Tao couldn’t sleep on airplanes. He couldn’t sleep in cars. He couldn’t sleep on the same bed as anyone else.

               Tao was no stranger to sleep deprivation, but as they arrived at the airport, he was starting to feel the effects of exhaustion. His head was throbbing, as often happened when he lacked sleep, and he gripped his scalp, trying to save face in front of the hordes of fans, but it was so hard.

               And suddenly he felt a wave of dizziness wash over him. He needed support.

               He looked to Kris, but Kris was talking to their manager. Chen was talking to Xiumin, Lay was following Kris closely. Tao finally turned to Luhan, and their eyes met.

               Luhan and Tao made their way to each other and without hesitation, Tao rested his head on Luhan’s shoulder. He finally felt comfortable again.

               “Are you okay?” Luhan whispered, and Tao could hear the concern in his voice. Tao shook his head ever so slightly, and Luhan pushed himself against Tao in an attempt to comfort him.

               After what felt like ages, Tao deemed himself well enough to stand on his own, and he pulled away from Luhan. He didn’t expect the worry in Luhan’s eyes to be so evident, but for some reason, Tao smiled.

               “Are you feeling better?” Luhan asked, trying to mask the anxiety in his voice.

               “Thanks,” Tao whispered.

               And it wasn’t a question as to whether or not Tao liked Luhan anymore.

               Tao didn’t like Luhan.

               He loved him.

Image cr. Higher_n_Higher

Ahhhh this was so precious I had to write it. I'm happy with this one.