Chanyeol/Tao

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                “Don’t come out until you two have your raps up to speed,” their manager said sharply, and Chanyeol and Tao were left standing in the middle of the practice room.

                “Mine is up to speed,” Chanyeol muttered. Tao snickered at his statement. “What?”

                “Mine’s faster than yours,” Tao said in thickly accented Korean.

                “Yeah?” Chanyeol challenged, and Tao nodded. “Okay, then, let’s see whose is really faster. We’ll time it. Show each other the timer, just to be fair.”

                “Fine,” Tao agreed. “I’ll go first.”

                “Ready? Go!” Chanyeol said, starting the timer.

                Get it up get it up yi jing zhun bei jiu xu, jiu shi xian zai hold wo de shou/ na xie bu tong de bu tong de ren yi jing xiang fang she fa feng wo de kou /zhi shi mu qian hai mei xi guan, bu zai gei ni biao zhun de da an/ Four dimensions shuai xian zai zhe li deng dai, welcome to the night!

                “Fourteen seconds,” Chanyeol said. “Not fast enough.”

                “You go before you say that,” Tao smirked, and Chanyeol flashed a toothy grin at him. “Ready, go!”

                Seo dulleo seo dulleo oneulman yeollineun pyeonghaeng tongro net dimension euro/saero un nae sesang eoje mannan naega anil geoya geot bogiron/ama ttok gata bo i getjiman geureon bbeonhan geot deul gidae hajima/imi il deo hagi il daben jeoldaero dul nah, welcome to the night!

                “Fourteen and a half,” Tao said triumphantly, and Chanyeol grabbed the timer out of his hand, their fingers touching briefly. Chanyeol looked up at Tao as both of their hands touched, and neither pulled back.

                “I—sorry,” Chanyeol said sheepishly, and both of them shrunk back. “A-again?”

                “Sure,” Tao said, still blushing.

                Nerves have a way of making you talk faster, and that rule found no exception in Chanyeol or Tao.

                “So, are we done then? Can we leave?” Tao asked Chanyeol once they’d gotten to the desired speed of twelve and a half seconds.

                “Do you want to leave?” Chanyeol asked, taking Tao’s hand gently, and Tao looked up at him with a small smile.

                “Not really,” he replied, turning up his perfect, bow-shaped lips in the most beautiful way.

                Chanyeol couldn’t help himself; he kissed Tao right on his flawless mouth.  

                They stayed in the practice room for significantly longer than they had to. When they finally emerged, the others asked them what had taken them so long.

                “Getting something right,” Tao replied, smiling at Chanyeol. 

I was sooooo stumped with these two...but after writing this I'm kind of obsessed now.